Top Posters In This Topic

• Pippa

• jaxmvr

• avi

• JacoE

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Everyone,

I am surprised by the amount of people that we will be on 3 February 2007! :ilikeit::ilikeit:;) In total we will be 87 adults and 35 children!!! :D

Queensland Girl x 1

Sheila x 4

Carlos Carvalho x2 (+2 kids)

Tania x 2 (+2 kids)

Leana x 2 (+2 kids)

Russel x 2

Hanneskn x 2

Andre & Stephnie van Diemen x 2 (+1 kid)

Die Carelsen’s x 2 (+1 kid)

hDt x 1

Kangaroo x 1

Pippa x 4

Lindyc x 2

Avi x 2 (+2 kids)

PietervN x 2 (+2 kids)

Linda x 2 (+1 kid)

Meraai x 2

W + R x 2

Rsteyn x 2 (+1 kid)

Cornel x 2

Tish x 4

Springbok x 1

Bdazzled x 2 (+2 kids)

TjaartvdW x 2 (+2 kids)

Aneldari x 2

Jose m x 2

Danie en Christina x 2

Chandi x 2

Bridge x 2

Jaxmvr x 2 (+2 kids)

JacoE x 2 (+2 kids)

Octavius x 2 (+2 kids)

Aniena x 2 (+2 kids)

Gerhard x 2

Johannes x 2

Anine x 2

Trekboer x 2 (+2 kids)

Widget x 1 (+1 kid)

Michell and Graeme x 2

Godan x 1

Quinton x 2 (+2kids)

JJV x 1

Mads x 2 (+2 kids)

Barnone x 2 (+2 kids)

Parents are requested to bring picnic blankets for their children to sit on. The children will also be able to swim (at your own risk off course) if the weather permits. Irene Country Lodge normally have a performance artist / clown :jester: to entertain the children on Saturdays, but I’m not 100% sure whether there will be entertainment on 3 February 2006, so please bring enough toys / games for the children to keep them busy, as the afternoon might get long or boring :sleep1: for them!

The reservation is under “Coffee Club”. Please note that we will be seated under a large tree to the far right hand side next to the lake.

The menu for the Lakeside Country Kitchen is attached below your convenience. You will be given a number to order from the menu, should you wish to eat / drink something. Every family is responsible for their own account. Please settle your account before you leave!

Directions with a map to Irene Country Lodge is attached below.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to PM me.

See you on 3 February 2007 @ 14:00!

Bye, Pippa! X

Directions_to_Irene_Country_Lodge.pdf

Lakeside_Country_Kitchen.pdf

Hi Everyone,

Please note that Jackie Turner, (Mara’s sister) will also attend our Coffee Club on Saturday, 3 February 2007 @ 14:00 :D . Jackie has 18 years' experience in an Audit firm where she mainly assisted people with foreign investments and emigration. She is familiar with the foreign control regulations and will be able to answer some of your questions relating to foreign investments, tax clearance certificates, emigration etc.

As most of you know, the Coffee Club is very informal, but if you have a specific question for Jackie, please ensure you get hold of her on the day.

All parents are reminded to please bring picnic blankets for their children to sit on! Please note that we will be seated at the righthand side of Lakeside under trees. If you cannot find us :) , please ask the reception to direct you.

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday @ 14:00!

Bye, Pippa! X

:D

PS. If you have any questions relating to the Coffee Club, kindly email me at pippa at saaustralia dot org

Morning All!

I hope you are ready for the Coffee Club this afternoon :D . I just want to give a special to Riekie once again for all the information she sent for the Coffee Club :rolleyes: . Riekie sent lots of sightseeing brochures of Sydney to me and I have a whole collection now :lol: that I will be bringing to the Coffee Club this afternoon. I will put it on the tables and please feel free to look through it or take some of it!

Riekie, I cannot thank you enough for everything you are doing for us back here in South Africa. We really appreciate your effort in putting everything together and sending it to us :D .

Many thanks!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Thanks once again to Pippa for organising a wonderful afternoon, perfect weather, great company

and an excellent venue (& a smooth billing system). It was great to meet those of you I did get to meet for the 1st time (and some again). Special thanks to Riekie for the Sydney stuff & to QG for making the effort & bringing your papers & mags(not to mention giving us business owners something to aspire to)

This was my 3rd Coffe Club & definetely the best (& biggest ... a sign of things to come I believe)

Edited by Barnone

Hi Pippa

Baie dankie vir die lekker koffie club. Ons het dit baie geniet. "n Klomp oulike nuwe mense ontmoet en sommer jaloers ook gevoel oor die wat binnekort al gaan. Baie dankie ook vir Mara se susters en Queenlands girl vir al haar inligting en aanmoediging. Sien uit na die volgende een.

Lefde groete

Aniena en shark know

Baie dankie Pippa vir die reel van die koffie klub vandag, dit was great !! :rolleyes:

Aan almal wat daar was en saam met wie ons so lekker kon kuier....julle is 'n great klomp mense!! Ek het amper hartseer gevoel as ek hoor julle gaan na ander stede as ons (nie dat ons nog juis so seker is waarnatoe ons gaan nie...hehe). Ek het net weer besef julle gaan deur dieselfde "issues" as ons, julle moet dieselfde struikelblokke oorkom, en ek is trots op almal se heldemoed, want dit is wat dit vat om hierdie besluit te kan maak en dit deur te voer. Ek weet dat almal van julle julle droom sal bewaarheid....ek sien al hoe kuier ons met al julle wonderlike mense daar in Oz.

:lol:

Heinrich

Dankie aan almal wat daar was. Dit was absolutely great!!! Dankie Pippa dat jy so 'n wonderlike geleentheid vir ons almal gereel het en Queensland girl - jy is sommer 'n baie gawe mens. Die kaliber mense wat daar was laat mens net weereens besef hoeveel wonderlike mense SA gaan verloor. Ek en Jaco het so baie daaroor gesels gisteraand.

Sterkte aan almal vir die paadjie wat julle nog moet loop en ons bid saam met almal wat klein en groot struikelblokke het om te oorkom. Glo ons sal nog hier wees met die volgende koffie club en sien julle almal beslis daar.

Lovies

Jaco, Adri, Xander en Marko van Rensburg.

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks to you all that attended yesterday’s Coffee Club :D . It was wonderful to see some regular faces and to meet some new people :ilikeit: .

Also a special thanks to Queensland Girl for being there ;) . QC, we will have to chat via email, as there were just too many people and too little time :D . It was wonderful seeing you again ;) !

Jackie and Sophia (Mara’s 2 sisters), many thanks for being there :blink: . You gave so much advice to people on the exchange control regulations and we appreciate it that you came all the way from Johannesburg to share you knowledge with us :D !

As promised, I annex hereto some pictures taken yesterday. ;)

post-33-1170581581.jpg

Queensland Girl, Meraai, Swerwer and Christina (Danie and Christina)

post-33-1170581640.jpg

Linda and Familiy (left) and Jaxmvr (right)

post-33-1170581692.jpg

JacoE with wife, Tomdoel and kids

post-33-1170581736.jpg

Johannes, Johannes' wife, Gerhard's wife, Aniena's daughter and Gerhard

Front from left: Aneldari, Johan (Aneldari's husband), Chandi's partner, Chandi, W+R (Werner), W+R (Rene)

Back from left: Tish's spouse, Tish, Anine's spouse and Anine

post-33-1170582008.jpg

Russel, Bridge's Spouse, Bridge, Mandy (Russel's wife)

post-33-1170582072.jpg

Aniena, SharkNow, Quinton (?), Quinton's spouse

post-33-1170582146.jpg

Andre (I think), Duke, Duke's spouse, Leana and Johan (Leana's husband)

post-33-1170582241.jpg

Lizelle (Hanneskn's wife), Hanneskn, Andre van Diemen, Stephnie van Diemen

post-33-1170582311.jpg

LindyC and Husband

post-33-1170582405.jpg

Queensland Girl with Meraai, Meraai's husband, Swerwer and Tania

post-33-1170582650.jpg

Rene (W+R), Werner (W+R) and Springbok

post-33-1170582742.jpg

rsteyn and alicia

post-33-1170582826.jpg

Johan (Leana's husband) and Leana

post-33-1170582905.jpg

Front from left: Johan (Aneldari's husband), Leana's son, Aneldari

Back from left: Adri (Jaxmvr), Jaco (Jaxmvr) and little Jaxmvr

post-33-1170583059.jpg

Stephnie van Diemen, Andre van Diemen, Liza (rsteyn's wife), Alicia (little rsteyn) and rsteyn

post-33-1170583329.jpg

Tanja (TjaartvdW's wife), TjaartvdW and Christian

post-33-1170583528.jpg

Tania, Little Swerwer and Swerwer

Lovies, Pippa! X

Thanks to everyone that came yesterday and especially Pippa for all her organising. :ilikeit:

It was great to meet and chat to so many people going through the same concerns and excitement. I've found it isn't always easy to talk about your excitement and plans with the people who are staying behind in SA. It was also lovely to put faces to the names we hear from online.

Once again thanks for a great day! ;)

hi, looks like it was great (jealous :ilikeit: ), nice to see piccies and 'meet' you, thanks for posting!

Hope to meet some of you one day ;)

WOW! Dankie vir al die foto's Pippa! Lyk of julle baie lekker gekuier het! :rolleyes: As ek so na die mense kyk is dit duidelik dat Suid Afrika meer as net getalle verloor - soveel mense met soveel potensiaal wat so 'n groot bydrae kon lewer. Die land loop leeg en niemand wil dit raaksien nie...... :( Sterkte vir julle almal vir die paadjie vorentoe! Dit is wonderlik dat julle mekaar het in die proses en ek dink Pippa se werk het baie meer waarde as wat sy ooit sal besef! (Dankie Pippa!!! :P ) Ons het dit "alleen" gedoen en dit sou fantasties gewees het om iemand te hê met wie ons ons vrese en bekommernisse kon deel - mense wat ons nie veroordeel en probeer afraai om te gaan nie, maar wat verstaan en weet waaroor dit gaan.

A big big thank you to pippa for organising a great afternoon!!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::blush::(

Also a big thank you to Queensland Girl for all the help and advice. :P:hug::lol::cry:

Cant wait to leave for Brisbane on the 25th Feb! :)

The coffee club was a great eye opener and it was interesting to hear the trials and tribulations of people preparing to leave.

Keep up the excellent work.We need more people like you pippa and Queensland Girl

Hi julle almal! :hug:

Ek en Johan wil baie dankie sê aan almal saam met wie ons so lekker gekuier het! :ilikeit: Dankie vir die wat al die reëlings getref het en al die pragtige foto’s. Die dag was regtig iets baie besonders. :ilikeit::blush:

Dankie ook vir almal se ondersteuning, gelukwense en opgewondenheid vir ons onthalwe. Ja, ons tydjie raak nou min. :P Die pakkery vorder darem goed, maar huis lyk steeds of daar ‘n orkaan deur was. Maar Rome was nie in een dag gebou nie. Elke ding op sy tyd.

Sal jul op hoogte hou van alles wat gebeur.

Groete

Aneldari :(

Hi Pippa

Just wanted to say thanks as well, my sisters said they had a fantastic time!

Regards

Mara

To all who attended the Coffee Club on Saturday- Good luck to all of you. South Africa's loss is Ozzies gain.She is losing her brightest gems.

Thanks Pippa for a wonderful afternoon!

Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you Pippa and also your family for doing all the organising, I know a lot of effort was put in making the day happen. It is much appreciated by all. Thanks also to all you Australians who sent all the valuable info across for us to read, especially Queensland Girl for all the newspapers.

As usual had a great time and it was good to catch up with other forumites!!

Russell and Mandy

WOW dit klink so lekker!!!

Ek is baie bly om te sien daar is so baie ouens tussen 25-35 ouderdom groep. :thumbdown:

Thanks Pippa vir die organise hiervan en al jou moeite! Sy is 'n regte ENGEL!

Hi Everyone,

Please keep 3 February 2007 open for our next Gauteng Coffee Club. More information to follow soon.

See you soon!

Ciao, Pippa! X

Hi to all the Members of the Irene Coffee Club - If you meet in the near future please let me know time and date, will like to attend. We applied for 136 Visa (lodged Sept 06). Would like to share ideas and frustrations and have a good giggle - Cheers MandyL

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for all the compliments :ilikeit: , but please remember to compliment yourselves as well, as you are the heartbeat of the success of the Coffee Club :blush::whome::( !!! Russel, thanx for mentioning my family; I really appreciate their help! THEY ARE THE BEST :( !

MandyL, you are welcome to join us at the next Coffee Club :o . Please keep an eye on this forum for details on the next event.

I look forward to seeing you again soon… ;)

Lovies, Pippa! X

Liewe land! maar julle het sommer 'n crowd daar gehad. Mooi so Pippa! Ek is sommer aangedaan om te dink onse forumpie reik so ver uit na mense wat graag nog die sprong wil maak oor die groot waters.

Die Coffee Clubs is 'n wonderlike idee, en SACanada baat ook baie daarby. Lekker om te sien dat daar mense soos Pippa is wat bereid is om die leisels te neem. Jou beloning sal jy nog kry! :ilikeit:

• 2 months later...
Please keep an eye on this forum for details on the next event.

Any plans yet for a Coffee Club meeting in May?

• 2 weeks later...
Any plans yet for a Coffee Club meeting in May?

Yip, Me and Jaco would also like to know if anything is planned for May, as we are leaving on the 6th June!

Hi Irene

Not you Irene - (All of you)

I see that over 3000 people have viewed this post about the coffee club.

Is there going to be anyone left in Irene in a year or two?

Regards

Durban

Hi Irene

Not you Irene - (All of you)

I see that over 3000 people have viewed this post about the coffee club.

Is there going to be anyone left in Irene in a year or two?

Regards

Durban

Wel as ek kyk hoe die lede tal op die forum groei, wonder ek hoeveel Suid Afrikaners oor gaan bly oor 'n paar jaar. :whome: