How do we get motivated about moving back to SA?

dirtbike

Question

How does one get motivated about having to move back to SA?

My wife and I have only been here for around 3 months now (Perth) and due to me loosing my sponsorship we only have another 2 weeks left. I have sent my CV out to 100's of advertised positions but with no luck, not even a response from 95% of them.

We have basicaly given up and realised that what is to be must be. Going to be a very sad day when we have to leave our friends again, some of which I have known since primary school in SA.

It has been such a financial burden on us, we sold up everything to cover our costs in getting here. Now that we are here we are struggling to get enough money together to fly back to SA. I went to see immigrations regarding this today and they said that if the company does not want to pay for our return costs the Australian goverment will fit the bill for our expatriation but we will not be allowed back into Australia until we have paid them back!

I find it a very bitter pill to swallow, that they are allowing companies to exploit people on the 457 visa like this. And to make it worse the company that sponsered me to come over is owned by two South African's.

On the flip side it has also been amazing to see how many fantastic South African's are living here. I cant express enough gratitude to a number of people that have tried helping since things have gone pear shaped. Thank you to everyone...

Edited by dirtbike

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• dirtbike

• Good Witch

• Michele R

• MarcK

We have just read your posts - so glad that things have worked out for you.

Good luck in Adelaide..

This is a true...Happy ending.... :ilikeit:

DBR