• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alida

• Serendipity

• Jitterbug

• Omzig

Wow, now we've made some work for the host team !! Hehehe :rolleyes:

For us still in South Africa, definitely !

Good idea, now everyone can put pics on of where they have been and the area they live in :rolleyes::ilikeit:

At least we'll have a photo-gallery called PhotOZ !!! Vote for Janneman ! :rolleyes:

I have pinned your topic...makes it easier to find in future!

Everyone is keen but will there be a chance of it happening?

The hosts can place a link to Flickr then we can all use that

to save space.

Thing is we need the 'folders" to be created.

Info on uploading pics can be placed in the main forum.

Edited by Serendipity

The only person that can make this happen is Hendie. So if you are all so keen, why not PM him with your suggestions?

Hiehiehie, Hendie's gonna have a full inbox soon !! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody kwow if this is going to happen? I sure hope so!

I think that while we wait for the Hosts to setup the structures we shouldn't wait but start with the PhotOZ,

My suggestion is to post in "Places of Interest" and make sure your thread topic starts with [PhotOZ] - in this way we can start doing what we want and getting the ball rolling as it were. So get your photOZ uploaded to Photobucket et al en start posting.....

• 1 year later...

That would be great cause it really is nice to see the different areas. Please try and make one or otherwise please start posting us some photos to see.

I haven't read all the posts - just saw this one coming up due to the latest reply. Have you guys approached Hendie directly about this? He does not read all the posts so maybe he is not even aware of this request. PM him or send him an email on hendie at saaustralia dot org

I haven't read all the posts - just saw this one coming up due to the latest reply. Have you guys approached Hendie directly about this? He does not read all the posts so maybe he is not even aware of this request. PM him or send him an email on hendie at saaustralia dot org

<_< Riekie, I posted this Q in April and somehow its managed to come to the top again - thought it was lost in SAAustralia cyberspace.

Lets see what Hendie says about a new dedicated photo thread, linked to somewhere else or something, i have no idea how it works <_<

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, let me give you my perspective on this issue. Mainly it is about the cost of diskspace. At the moment we have 700Mb total, for topics, posts, and uploaded pictures. Of the total diskspace, we are already using over 400Mb for uploads (documents, pictures, etc - attachments to posts). Yes we can add a photo gallery, but that would most certainly attract more posted pictures, and LOTS more disk usage. At the moment the cost of keeping the forum up and running is about US$20 per month, covered by our ads. We would have to campaign more aggressively for ads to afford a higher hosting package, and since we're running this forum with a volunteer host team, I don't want to tax them even more with the added burden of being responsible for more funding.

So in short, I would suggest that we use services like Flickr or PhotoBucket, or even FaceBook which now allows higher resolution pictures to be posted.

Who is Hendie anyway :lol:

Hendie is the man who makes this whole website possible - without him, it would not even exist... :holy:

Hendie is the man who makes this whole website possible - without him, it would not even exist... :holy:

:lol: Yup he is the Big Boss :ilikeit:

Thanks Hendie for finally clearing up this photo post from the past, its made it all clear.