Melbourne get-together : 12 October 2008

Doortjie

Mara, you're our candidate for the next "Australia's got talent"!

Thanks everyone... I am looking forward to a wonderful day!

So far the weather seems to be on our side.

And Kangeroo – we will see you there… one of these days.

Sorry for the guys who cannot make it this time, but there will always be another one to look forward to.

See you all tomorrow.

D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doortjie

• Mara

• SpitFire

• polly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah Doortjie, I am a closet singer, no way could I make an exhibition of myself, the people would run away!

I just want to say a word of thanks, now already, to Dorien and her troupe of helpers that's going to make today such a wonderful day!

Thanks girls (and guys?) you are stars!

My son who I usually can't ge tup before 8, is up at six this morning. He is really excited to see South africans and speak Afrikaans again :thumbdown:

Hi everyone,

My wife and would like to "kom maak 'n draai". We're just going to church first, then I am sure we'll be there.

Cheerio,

The Van Schalkwyk's

Hi almal,

Dorien is klaar by die braai venue. Sy het gevra dat almal wat kan asb hulle cadac's vandag moet saambring want die braai's is ver van die piekniek plek af.

Dankie

Elana

To Dorien and her helpers 'WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY WE HAD' a huge thank you to all of you, your hard work is much appreciated.

:hug::holy::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::hug:

I am positive that we broke the record, I guess that we definitely exceeded 300 people!

Thanks for a great day and all the effort at organising. My kids had a lot of fun.

*en dit was lekker om weer Afrikaans te praat :holy:

Edited by polly

Thanks everyone! Our pleasure.

I think Mara is right - we dished out 250 name tags and that was mainly adults and some teenagers.

Thank you soooooo much to Willie, Neola, Elana, Gerhard, Ray, Naomi and a great bunch of Saffa's.

The weather was great and the company even better.

Dorien

Hi Dorien & Co

Thanks for the great day. Your efforts were much appreciated. Hope to make contact soon again.

Cheers

Arno & Caroline

(Possibly the only SA folk in Bundoora)

Got there a bit late *Due to the currie cup games going till 4am* It was fun! Wish we had time to meet more of you all!

Neville.

Thanks to everyone for organising the day - I think it's a great way for families to meet other families. Unfortunately, being single, I felt the lack of other single, 30 something people around! Are they just not crazy enough to move on their own?!!!

I'm getting close to becoming "DESPERATE" :unsure: to meet other single SA 30 somethings!

Mara, Doortjie, anyone - Is it just that people don't move across on their own? Or do they just not attend these gatherings? Or go on the forum?

Melbourne Again,

We were there hanging around at the tables next to the BBQ! About 8 20-30 somethings! You should have joined in. The only 'newbys' we met was Marlilize, William, Arme Herman, Allan. Met Doortjie and Gary too!

Excellent photo's, thank you Dorien, you are an absolute star. A huge big thank you to Ray as well, you did yourself proud!

Melbourne Again,

We were there hanging around at the tables next to the BBQ! About 8 20-30 somethings! You should have joined in. The only 'newbys' we met was Marlilize, William, Arme Herman, Allan. Met Doortjie and Gary too!

Ah damn!! Next time.....

Ah damn!! Next time.....

Hi Melbourne_again

I think there's a lot of singles out there but they are reluctant to attend the get togethers. Maybe they think it is only for families and "old" people... How wrong are they?!

If you send me a PM I will give you Herman's contact details. He knows a lot of younger singles - not only South Africans - and wouldn't mind if you contact him.

Hang in there. ;)

Thank you to all the organisers - it was a great day!

It was very ncie to see soem familiar and new faces!

Nats

Here's some photos of the naughtier kids who showed up late due to the rugby ending at 4am....

picnic5.jpg

This is Renate, Lauren and Ross

picnic6.jpg

Renate and Lauren

picnic2.jpg

Me, Ross, Schalk, Rudolf (My wife sneaking in in the b/g)

picnic1.jpg

Same

Scenery shots:

picnic3.jpg

picnic4.jpg

I suspect Scalk might have been blurry in the photos cause he was the drunkest...