Melbourne get-together : 12 October 2008

Doortjie

Attention: South Africans in Melbourne!

You are invited to join the South Africans in Melbourne for a braai/picnic.

Please note: It is not only for people on the forum. You may (and should) invite friends and family.

Details:

Sunday 12TH October 2008

From 11h00

Venue:

Jells Park

Jells Road, Wheelers Hill

More info:

Park Information

Directions:

Vehicle access to the Jells Park - please use the entrance from Waverley Road (Melway ref: 71 J5).

Public Transport: Take the train to Glen Waverley.

Connect with Bus 754 to Jells Park.

Please look out for the Blue and Green Balloons!!

Map: Jells Park

Map

Bring with you:

South African friends and family.

Camping Chairs and/or Picnic blankets.

Own food and drinks. (BBQ and/or Picnic lunch)

Important - Rubbish bags: Please take all rubbish with you when you leave.

What is available?

Excellent company

BBQ Area

Children's Playground

Drinking Water

Picnic Area

Public Toilets

In case of bad weather?

Meet us at the Madelines café/restaurant on the grounds.

Any questions?

Contact Dorien on 0421 438 718

or PM Doortjie or Mara.

We look forward to meeting you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doortjie

• Mara

• SpitFire

• polly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Doortjie, thanks for the hard work and research, we will be there!

The Mallons are always ready for a get togeher!

;)

Doortjie and Mara,

Many thanks for arranging the braai! We will definitely be there and look forward to seeing and meeting everyone!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Thanks everyone.

Look forward to seeing all the familiar faces again and meeting the new arrivals!

Will see you all there.

Elana, you will be on your post as "official" name-tag-writer I hope... :blush:

Pippa - eventually I will be able to put a face to the name.

Hi Ladies,

I am sure you guys will do a great job like like last time!!!! It was a fantabulous day.

Can I suggest that we maybe put our names as well as forum names on the name labels.

I for one is in contact with so many people here on the forum and would love to but faces to everyone but sometimes you can not "recognise" them from their real names.

Just a thought!

Nats

Just thought I would say welcome to all of those that have replied and to keep this post at the top of the list!

Hi

We would also be there, my husband Hennie and myself and our daughter Liza and her husband Chris with their 9 month old baby Carmi, we all live in Ballarat, Liza works in Melbourne. Looking forward to see you all.

Linda

Hi

I see I've posted under my son in law's name Phoenix, my husband Hennie and myself is Oosie.

Linda

Just down the road from us, we are in wheelers hill.

See ya all there, I have already invited all saffers I know that does not belong to the forum.

Cheers

Tanja

Can I suggest that we maybe put our names as well as forum names on the name labels.

Good idea, Nats. As long as they are willing to provide their "aliases". :rolleyes:

Koosdup, Linda, Tanja - thank you and we look forward!

Good idea, Nats. As long as they are willing to provide their "aliases". :rolleyes:

Maybe to make things easier for Elana (the name lady.... hehehehehehe skies koeks konnie weerstaan nie!!!), we could all get our own name tags/stickers on??? Then we can put as much details on as we want to... and then Elana only has to worry to get names on people who forgot......????

Just a thought!!!!

Maybe to make things easier for Elana (the name lady.... hehehehehehe skies koeks konnie weerstaan nie!!!), we could all get our own name tags/stickers on??? Then we can put as much details on as we want to... and then Elana only has to worry to get names on people who forgot......????

Just a thought!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions, Catz. Nice to have people participate in the "organizing".

But it is really not too hard. Besides, when we do the name tags we make an effort to personally welcome every family that arrives and that way we can also keep a headcount.

Please let the ideas flow...

We'll be there and invite other SA friends who arrived since the last get together.

Well welcome all of you, I hope that it is a lovely sunny day, and that the turnout is at least as good as the last time, I think they stopped counting when they had issued something like 260 labels and they did not give any to the kids. So come on all you Melbournians and Victorians, make an effort to be there!

Hi,

Die Swarte sal ook daar wees in volle sterkte , dis nou Trevor,Marietjie, Arno en Carla. Sien julle dan!!

Cheers

Hi Doortjie and the Team,

It looks like we can surely give the other states in Oz a run for their money in numbers. :ilikeit:

Looks like there will be an even bigger number this time.

Thank you for the great effort put into this!

Anyone out there it is worthwhile making the effort to attend this event - it is just awesome!

Nats

It looks like we can surely give the other states in Oz a run for their money in numbers. :(

Aboslutely!!! Doortjie and Mara, please shout if you need help! Look forward to meeting you all!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Thanks Nats and Pippa!

Everyone from Melbourne - bring your friends and family - ons gaan lekker kuier!