• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny & Rene

• polly

• Ungerers (Tanja U)

• Donne'

Rene, there is nothing I can say, this must be so awful for you.

We can continue to pray, for you and her and your families.

:whome:

Hi Rene,

Hang in there, you are in our thoughts...

I have just read this whole thread and I think you are the strongest person I know! I will pray for you that your sister's suffering does not take much longer. You are an inspiration to all of us!

have also been following your thread, how deeply sorry we are that you have to face this being so far away in a new country! sending you and the family strength at this hard time.

Hi there

Just wanted to add my presence here and say you are in my prayers.

I am literally speechless as I sit here typing. Nothing I think up to type seems to be right. I can only offer my heartfelt prayers. Keep us updated.

L

Hi Rene

Just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

I can't even imaging what emotions you are going through right now.

I found this little verse on the internet:

"There is comfort in friendship,

hope in prayer,

peace in love.

Sharing in your sorrow

with love and friendship."

Keep well

See ya

Jonathan

Hi Rene! I too am at a loss for words...

However we are thinking of you and your family and will keep you in our prayers!

you're in my thoughts and prayers...it cannot be easy but she'd want you to be happy and knows the love is there...

Hallo everybody,

Yes we have arrived in Canberra and so far we are doing quit well. People have been super friendly and very willing to assist.

Unfortunately things with my sister hasn't been going so well.

I spoke to her on Wednesday before we flew and she started crying so extremely that I ended the call without really saying goodbye.

She had a massive stroke on Thursday, and since that she has had several strokes and fits. So severe that she hasn't been speaking normal since then, she is totally out of her mind and refuses to take her morphine orally.

Today South African time the doctor was going to put her morphine on direct injection in her chest, it will automatically induce the morphine every half an hour so they won't have to struggle giving her her medication.

Her husband says that things don't look to well, I can't even phone her because you can not understand a word she she says.

At this point in time I feel very heart broken, Ii am hundreds of miles away and there is nothing I can do to assist them through this rough patch. I am adjusting to a whole new world and way of living and having to deal with this. This is driving me crazy knowing I can not go back right now, not even in the very near future.

I just want to say thank you once again for everybody that is praying for her and the family I do appreciate it very much.

Just wanted to give yu all a update on her condition as I was out of the loop for a while.

Rene

Rene my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, your sister and her dear family at this very difficult time. Feel Gods presence through it all let him comfort you through the heartache. Just be assured that your sister is proud of you and loves you dearly. Be strong Rene as you are now talk to God through all your worries and heartache

• 2 weeks later...

Goeiedag almal

Goodday everybody

Wel dit is 6 uur in die oggend 14 Desember 2008, die wind waai en dis lekker koel, skapies bler buite en hasies hop die vlaktes vol.

It is 6 o'clock in the morning of 14 December 2008, the wind is blowing and it is cool, sheep meeee outside and bunnies all over the place.

Ek is vanoggend 05:30 (OZ) wakker gesms om te se dit gaan nie goed met my sussie nie, lyk of sy die finale stadium ingegaan het.

I was woken up this morning at 05:30 (OZ) with an sms to say that things with my sister is not good at all, seems like she in in the home stretch.

Sy eet nou al vir n paar dae nie, om vloeistof in haar in te kry is nogal n missie, haar niere werk nie meer nie sy skei vir die laaste 12 uur al geen vloeistof uit nie, en haar asem haling is baie baie stadig, sy is nou in n koma.

She hasn't eaten in a couple of days, to get her to take fluids is a mission, her kidneys failed she hasn't passed fluids for the last 12 hours, her breathing is also very very slow, she is in a coma now.

Ek sit letterlik hier en wag vir die oproep om te se dis alles verby, het n halfuur terug met Denis gepraat en hy se hy kannie sien dat sy nog n dag gaan volhou nie.

I am actually sitting here and waiting for the phone call to say she is gone, spoke to Denis about half and hour ago and he said that he can not see her going through another day.

Baie dankie vir alles

Thank you for everything

Rene

WEL EK WAS NOG BESIG OM DIE EERSTE MAIL TE TIK EN REG TE KRY TOE IS DIE NUUS AL HIER

Goeie dag almal

Good day everybody

Ek weet nie eintlik wat om te se nie.

I don't really know what to say.

Saterdag 13/12/2008 om 23:30 het my sussie haar laaste asem uitgeblaas, haar man se sy was baie rustig, dis asof sy net gaan slaap het en ophou asem haal het. Hiervoor is ek natuurlik baie dankbaar, die feit dat sy nie geworstel het nie.

Saturday 13/12/2008 at 23:30 my sister gave her last breath, her husband says she was very calm, almost as if she had just gone to bed en stopped breathing. For this I am very gratefull, the fact that she didn't strugle at the end.

Baie dankie vir almal wat my en my familie asook vir Denis en sy familie ondersteun het, julle weet nie wat dit alles vir ons almal beteken het nie en nog beteken nie.

Thank you to everyone that supported me and my family as well as Denis and his family, it has meant a lot to all of us then and will in the future as well.

Rene en familie

Hi Rene en Familie

My innige simpatie aan jou en jou familie met die afsterwe van jou sussie. My gebede is met julle. Mag God julle krag gee en julle deur hierdie moeilike tyd dra.

Groete

Petro

May God hold her in his arms and may he carry you and your family through this tough time.

You are in the hearts of us all!

Our deepest condolences for your loss René and family! Peace be upon you and your family... May your sister continue to live on in your memories and forever be in your gratitide for the sharing of a life-path.

In death too there is beauty... May she rest in peace. No more pain...

Blessings, always

Andi & Gunther

I am so sorry for your loss, René and family, my deepest condolences.

What a blessing that your sister passed peacefully from this life.

You are in my prayers that God will comfort you and give you peace and happy memories.

Eva

I have just read this, I am so sorry Rene, this must be so difficult for you. You are in my prayers at this very difficult time. God Bless.

Rene, I hope the following words will bring you some comfort, you will be in my prayers!

If tears could build a stairway

and thoughts a memory lane

I'd walk right up to heaven

and bring you home again

No Farewell words were spoken

No time to say good-bye

You were gone before I knew it

And only God knows why.

My heart's still active in sadness

And secret tears still flow

What it meant to lose you

No one can ever know.

But now I know you want us

To mourn for you no more

To remember all the happy times

Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten

I pledge to you today

A hallowed place within my heart

Is where you'll always stay.

God knows why, with chilling touch,

Death gathers those we love so much,

And what now seems so strange and dim,

Will all be clear, when we meet Him.

I Knew you for a Moment

Dear René & family

Our deepest sympathy. May the love & peace of God be with you in this time.

A

HI Rene and Family,

So sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jill