BAD NEWS

Johnny & Rene

Thank-you so much for all the support I can not imagine going through this ordeal without people like you that care so much for someone you don't even know.

The news on my sister is not good, since Friday she has had a turn for the worst. Last night my brother in law phoned and asked me to come down to Hermanus as she is constantly asking when will I be there. She has even started arranging her funeral with a friend, this just gives me goose bumps.

I am going with the City Bug to Johannesburg tomorrow morning at 6 o'clock and fly down to Cape Town at 13:25 where my brother in law will get me and take me to her in Hermanus.

Spoke to her on the phone about half an hour ago and she sounds very tired and anxious, my heart is pounding in my throat. I don't want her to suffer but this is all happening so fast I can't keep up. She is in constant pain and even the morfene she gets every 4 hours doesn't seem to work anymore, I just want her to be pain free and comfortable.

Hopefully she will come to rest when she has seen us (2 sisters) and have the piece of mind that she will never be forgotten and that her husband and children will always be a part of the family with or without her. Her memories will be cherished with the same respect as our parents memories.

Keep well and once again thank-you for all the support you guys have given the family.

Rene

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny & Rene

• polly

• Ungerers (Tanja U)

• Donne'

Oh Rene, Im so sorry to hear this. Was really hoping and praying that things would come rite for her.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers - God Bless.

How very difficult for you and your sister .We are thinking of you and your sister today .

May God bless you and all of your family .

Kindest wishes

Donné

Hi Rene

Im incredibly heart sore to know of your sisters condition. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Be strong , the Almighty is incredibly merciful.

Take care

Flockie

Rene, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

God Bless.

Taegan & Johnny&Rene, ons bid God se rykste seën oor julle, sterkte!

Neville & familie

Thinking of you, your sister and your families.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Be strong, thinking of you during this difficult time.

Annette and Family

My heart goes out to you and your family. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

Try to keep strong.

Just wanted to send you and your family some good thoughts and wishes,

Take care,

red

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Well I have been there and back, time flies and this time it was without having fun.

She is really going backwards slowly day by day. The morphine only helps for so long and then the agony starts, apparently the cancer is not painful, but the headaches she gets from the swelling is the problem.

One thing I must say is that she has an appetite like never before, sweets and lots of fruit, she constantly eats, wakes up at three in the morning and asks for fruit. She eats just about every hour and I mean bowls of food.

She is also slowly loosing the memory, she will be talking to you and stop, then she can't remember what she was busy saying. Hallucinations has also started she believes my dad is in her room almost every day, and then also other family and friends that has passed away.

The day my younger sister flew back to Johannesburg she had another stroke, so when it was time for me to leave they had allready increased her calming medication to a double dose, just to prevent her from having another stroke.

Sunday she also fainted twice while lying in her bed, so now there has to be someone in her room at all times. I bought a baby monitor when I was there so that we can hear her no matter where we are. This helps a lot as she gets disorientated and can't get the bell to call us if she needs us.

I spoke to her this morning, at times you can hardly hear what she is saying, all depends on her condition for the day.

Thank-you for everyone that has prayed for her and the family, I really appreciate it all.

Keep well and will keep you updated.

Rene

Hi Rene,

Still thinking of you during these times.

Thanks for the update and we will keep on praying for strength.

T

Hi Rene & family

You and your family are in our thoughts. May you find the strength needed to get through this difficult time.

M & C

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Well we had a hectic weekend, sister had another stroke Thursday and she was flat in bed and she didn't speak untill sunday afternoon. You had to listen very carefully as she spoke a language that only she understood.

Today she is doing better again, she also started getting fits in between the strokes.

Through all of this her spirits is still high and she tries to smile when you talk to her.

Thank you so much for all the support and prayers the whole family appreciates this deeply.

Regards to all

Rene

Hi Rene ,

You are so brave and an inspiration to us all .

Thinking of you and your family .

D.

HI Rene, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I can only imagine what you are going through, but just remember God has gone through it already and knows your heart and what you are feeling. I pray you will have a peace with your sister and your new adventure that awaits you.

God Bless

Hi Rene, so sorry to hear your news.

Your sister is a strong, brave lady, to be able to still smile after all she is going through.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, I know you guys leave soon and you must be feeling so torn. God Bless.

Dear Rene,

Although you may not know the reason for this journey, be comforted that God is Great and He is with you and your sister and your respective family at this time. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

How is your sister's daughter holding up through all of this?

Liesl

Thinking of you and your family Rene.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo everybody,

Yes we have arrived in Canberra and so far we are doing quit well. People have been super friendly and very willing to assist.

Unfortunately things with my sister hasn't been going so well.

I spoke to her on Wednesday before we flew and she started crying so extremely that I ended the call without really saying goodbye.

She had a massive stroke on Thursday, and since that she has had several strokes and fits. So severe that she hasn't been speaking normal since then, she is totally out of her mind and refuses to take her morphine orally.

Today South African time the doctor was going to put her morphine on direct injection in her chest, it will automatically induce the morphine every half an hour so they won't have to struggle giving her her medication.

Her husband says that things don't look to well, I can't even phone her because you can not understand a word she she says.

At this point in time I feel very heart broken, Ii am hundreds of miles away and there is nothing I can do to assist them through this rough patch. I am adjusting to a whole new world and way of living and having to deal with this. This is driving me crazy knowing I can not go back right now, not even in the very near future.

I just want to say thank you once again for everybody that is praying for her and the family I do appreciate it very much.

Just wanted to give yu all a update on her condition as I was out of the loop for a while.

Rene