Our first week in Melbourne

Ungerers (Tanja U)

Hi Tanja,

Wow, 3 months already...it went so quick. I am glad to hear you are settled in so nicely and that you are happy in your new country.

Congratulations on the job!

Oh, and thanks for all the tips and info in this thread, we are gonna need it soon.

Regards,

Lindie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ungerers (Tanja U)

• Leon/Lou

• Dan Tanne

• jax and jens

About schools, Balwyn North High school (state school) is apparently very good. It is close to Doncaster and Doncaster rd. I found the house ads refer to the school the house falls under if the school is good. My kids are going to the primary school next to it and they are very happy. The high school also comes highly recommended.

Tanja,

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story of your journey. We will be joining you in Melbourne in a year or so and i will be sure to look you up and get all the advice from you - as i will also be coming with two littlies in two.

And congrats on your job. I am sure that this will help you feel even more settled in. Please keep us posted on how you deal with child care as it will be very useful for the moms on this side!

Al

Hi Tanja

dankie weer vir al jou hulp en raad die afgelope 2 weke. Jy's great.

Mooi bly en lekker werk.

Trudie

Thanks Trudie,

Ek help graag waar ek kan, laat weet maar as ek iets kan doen en onthou om my tog oor die naweek te kom oplaai vir 'n test drive in jou tjor.

xoxoxo

Tanja

Hi Tanja ,

Thank you for your post .We are still undecided ,as to where we are going to settle ,Melbourne or Sydney ....................so I voraciously read everything on the subject!

All the best

D.

XX

Thanks for all the posts on this one. I will be arriving in Melbourne nextmonth from PE and my family will be joining me in December when the kids ahev finished their end of year exams. There are so many different versions out there s to what to do and the most difficult decision for us appears to be a school and a home to settle. The "Where to Live in Melbourne" guide and google Maps street view has been very useful but I doubt it is going to provider us with any definate answers.

The encouragement from this forum and solutions other South Afgricans have found when they arrive is excellent and encourages one to try and get there as soon as possble. Keep up the posts from those already there as it really does help those of us stuck on the other side of the ocean.

Thanks, Regards Mark