Durban: (& PMB) Coffee Club, July 5, 2008

Red

If all else fails, we can have a kinda pre farewell party at our place. Just a few minutes from the venue. Will be able to see if my place will handle the real party . :ilikeit: Just a thought, if we are desperate, have sudden downpour situation. Then the guys can't complain about missing any sporty stuff.

(Sorry ladies, not what you want to hear. :ilikeit: )

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red

• nickys

• candivw

• sharks fan

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Great to hear that there is going to be another coffee club meeting. Please note that I will be coming with my wife and son

Wannago

poor me, have to work, only finish about two and then have to pick husband up at four..

Don't stress about work we recieved a call yesterday and our oral IELTS exam has been moved from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon 16h00 cause the examiner had a crisis and had to be in Limpopo on Friday.

We are still coming!

We got a CO today, so will be a good reason for a celebration tomorrow. (for us anyway) :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :(

hey sharks fan.. that is a nightmare.....bad enough that you get ready for the day, but to have it put forward is .....(cant say)..another sleepless night practising essays in your mind!

ours was also put forward so I can sympathize with you...

in fact, every possible thing that can go wrong with an app sems to have happened to us..still waiting for the silver lining...that might just be round the corner so something to look forward to..

hope you guys have a great day..the weather looks fine..expecting berg winds, which I love...make a toast to absent partners in crime...

xx

Hi all

Please count us in - me, hubby and two kids aged 3 1/2 & 6. Nickys - we're also going to Brisbane, albeit about 105 km's inland (Toowoomba) - don't worry, I feel the same way about meeting new people as I can be prettty shy.

Red, please shout if there is anything else we can bring!!

Sharks fan - I hope that order got through!!

See you Saturday.

RoMar

Hey Lyall no worries for the exam really its just the oral section we did our written exam last week. Actually quite glad this morning that it was moved. My brother inlaw is over from the UK and we did some dammage to our livers last night so I don't think I would have cracked the oral exam today. Actually why I'm on the forum this morning could't make it to work this morning.

I am so chuffed to see that the Durbanites are "coming to the party"!!!!!!!!

We'll all be celebrating for NickyS i am sure!!

Just bring yourselves and your own braai / drink stuff, and if you are able perhaps a portable braai - as the numbers seem to be increasing?!!!

naughty naughty sharks fan..if you get the same guy who did my oral, you will have to go out and have a few stiff drinks after..I think i had half a bottle of brandy in half an hour...it was so irratating talking to a robot...I know its his job but still, some seem better than others...so good luck anyway..it was actually the easiest section..

No more drinks thanks one case beers and three quarters of a bottle of klippies is pretty much WAY over the monthly quota for me (thank goodness I had help) never mind the one nightly quota. Truth be told I'd rather be at work the way I feel. Oh well you live and learn. Actually I take that back I never learn will feel this way again no doubt.

Hi guys

We have a July party on in Waterfall but will definitely pop in for a short visit. Cant miss this opportunity of meeting so many Durban forumites!!

See you then (with hubby)

Kim

URGENT! URGENT! URGENT!

It's 3:50am in the morning and we have been up most of the night, hubbby and i sick as dogs!

PLEASE will someone else bring the charcoal and firelighters - and please let me know that you've read the post so I know, otherwise i'll be stressing the whole day.

Sorry we will be missing a coffee club with such a good turn out.

Take care,

red

URGENT! URGENT! URGENT!

It's 3:50am in the morning and we have been up most of the night, hubbby and i sick as dogs!

PLEASE will someone else bring the charcoal and firelighters - and please let me know that you've read the post so I know, otherwise i'll be stressing the whole day.

Sorry we will be missing a coffee club with such a good turn out.

Take care,

red

Sorry to hear that, was looking forward to meeting you guys. We will take some, sure others will also have in case there is not enough.

Hopefully it's just a quick bug, and you'll be fine later. YOu never know.

Anyway, get well!

Hi Red - I sent you a pm!

Nickys - I asked Red how much charcoal she was planning on taking - haven't heard yet - shame, terrible that they had to be sick on this day. Anyway, hubby and I will bring about 3 or 4 bags of charcoal. Let's just hope that all the other forumites going to the braai will come online to see what's happening.

Can't wait to meet all of you.

RoMar

Hi all

Please count us in - me, hubby and two kids aged 3 1/2 & 6. Nickys - we're also going to Brisbane, albeit about 105 km's inland (Toowoomba) - don't worry, I feel the same way about meeting new people as I can be prettty shy.

Red, please shout if there is anything else we can bring!!

Sharks fan - I hope that order got through!!

See you Saturday.

RoMar

Hi, just noticed you are going to Toowoomba, that's on our list too! What made you choose that area, if I may ask?

Hi All

Thanks for responding so quick - forum members really rock!

In total we should have 16 adults and 12 kids joining.

That is Candivw, Narms, The Cramers, Coyote, NickyS, Wannago, Romar and KimH.

I was going to bring about 4 bags of charcoal - but as someone mentioned earlier, wasn't too stressed because i's 5 minutes away from the shops!

Take care,

red

Hi Red - I sent you a pm!

Nickys - I asked Red how much charcoal she was planning on taking - haven't heard yet - shame, terrible that they had to be sick on this day. Anyway, hubby and I will bring about 3 or 4 bags of charcoal. Let's just hope that all the other forumites going to the braai will come online to see what's happening.

Can't wait to meet all of you.

RoMar

I will bring as well. I am sure we will have enough, but it really isn't a stress. I agree, I hope no one backs out. It will be good Ithink, and couldn't have asked for better weather.

See you all later.

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that we may also be bringing along hubby's brother, wife and 2 kids aged 6 and 4. Although they are not forum members (not that I haven't made suggestions to them joining the forum), hubby's brother is in the process of getting a sponsorship from an Aus company - they're also just waiting. Hope you don't mind!!

This is going to be a great day guys.

RoMar

Hey there

Is it too late to join you guys? We will bring a bag of charcoal as well? Are there braais there or must we bring one?

Hi Daddy

You are certainly most welcome to join us. You can bring some charcoal if you like - my hubby and I are going to bring about 4 bags and firelighters. There are some braais there, but if you have a portable one, you are welcome to bring that too.

Sounds like this coffee club is really going to have a good turnout - Red, why did you have to get sick?

RoMar

Hi RoMar, we were in Brisbane in January and visited Toowoomba - lovely city, wouldn't mind living there myself. See you later.

Thanks for that Wannago - we can't wait to get there and we love it when people talk about Toowoomba.

Chat to you later.