Anybody from South-East Melbourne?

HansaPlease

Hi,

Ons bly in Wantirna, so 27km Oos / Suid-Oos van Melbourne.

DdP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HansaPlease

• Mara

• jax and jens

• DeWetsInOz

Guest Jacques007

YIP YIP YIP die Cockeram's bly in Narre Warren .... In Corries quarters....

se vir my Hansa wat is die score so ver????? en wanneer is daar 'n Ooste vs Weste braai ^_^ ...... "Let the games begin" :D

Hi we coming over soon and not sure where to stay yet, but hubby will be based in St Kilda. So we can join too ??????

Jax

YIP YIP YIP die Cockeram's bly in Narre Warren .... In Corries quarters....

se vir my Hansa wat is die score so ver????? en wanneer is daar 'n Ooste vs Weste braai ...... "Let the games begin"

Ok, so far we have the following people in the SE area

The De Wets live in Wheelers hill and are keen for a meet up.

Nats123 are thinking of moving to the SE (good choice) and are always keen for a jol

Catz and co live in Cranbourne

Janis & family live in Sandhurst

Elana & die Coetzers from Berwick

JimmiP from Prahran who is keen to continue the invasion

Elaine & her other half also live in Berwick

DdP & gesin in Wantirna

Jacques & the Cockerams from Narre Warren who are keen to join in. (who might invite 150 teenage gatecrashers if we're not careful…)

jax and jens who aren't over yet, but plan to live with the Hippies in St Kilda. (just kidding, St Kilda is awesome)

And people who don't but know people who do, or are keen to join in…

Oubossies, who is willing to provide names of a bunch of families who live in the area if the price is right…

Doortjie who also knows quite a few, and I'm sure would be interested in a meet up…

And Mara who secretly wants to move to the South East, so will join us for a catch up so she can do a look see… :lol:

Sheesh, and here I thought my actions were top secret!

Funny Hey ! You make me nervous now - husband working in St Kilda - we haven't a clue where to stay, but will have a look at the areas mentioned above.

Jax

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hansa...

when you guys have sorted a place and date for a get together... wont you please send me a PM, as i wll be "on leave" from the forum for some time!! And i dont want to miss a get together!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hansa

I am moving from Sydney to Melbourne end of July - not sure yet where I'll be living, but I am thinking of the (S)E suburbs, not too far out of city though as I'll be working at Melb Uni. I would like to meet all of you. Will try my best to get to the get together, although it might be a bit difficult for the first month or so as I'll be without a car :) for a while.

JimmyP - you are living in a very nice suburb, Prahrah, any advice on how to get something there or surroundings that is not too expensive?

Looking forward to meet you all!

Edited by Melbourne_again

Great! More to the list...

Can you add Melbourne wanna be's? We are planning on the big move in Jan.

The invasion is almost complete ! Im in Prahran but I would like to move down south, I visited a hospital in Berwick the other day and was really impressed with the small town, its great.

cjheers,

Jimmi

Hey guys and girls, thanks for all the responses. I'm adding you to the list. I'm thinking August is looking likely - when the weather is ever so slightly better. Watch this space.

Hi all.....

I stay with friends in Rowville...close as well ...

elanac - - We work together at the same company. We only met this past week. We have 5 SA people working for our company now.

Please add me to the list as well. Would like to get together with everybody.

K

August sounds great!

Hello!

We are in Glen Waverley. We arrived end of May and moved just last week in SE suburb. Just in time for August. How much better weather can we expect by then?

didl

Even people from Sydney qualify, as long as they're prepared to take a trip down for a get together. :ilikeit:

August - it'll start getting a bit lighter in the mornings and evenings, less rain, maybe a bit of wind, but higher average temparatures...

• 3 weeks later...

Also considering the SE (E) suburbs.... seems like I won't be on my own afterall!!! Landing in December... so can we do another get together early next year???? :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Live in Endeavour Hills so guess that qualifies for the area as Berwick, etc not far away from us. Would love to join in on the get-together/braai so please keep me on the list & send the details once sorted. Would be great to meet other ex-SA families and have some fun :ilikeit: .

Cheers,

Amanda

Great stuff, looks like we've got a decent amount of interest. Will add you to the list! :ilikeit:

Hi there,

Not sure whether to laugh or cry when I see these posts coz I have NO idea of the areas etc in Melbourne. My hubbie says that I can get lost on a straight line (which is seriously not far from the truth) so my head is spinning with the thoughts of learning to get around etc. BUT I would love to meet up with you guys once we arrive in Melbourne and looking forward to meeting and making lots of new friends....

Cheers

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::hug::ilikeit::cry:

Can you add Melbourne wanna be's? We are planning on the big move in Jan.
We are also planning this hopefully in January. Maybe the plane will contain 1/2 of Pretoria. :blush:

Hi There

Well we so so busy getting ready for the container which is coming at the end of August. Flying out end September. Melbourne here we come. Going very blind so a bit nervous - but can't wait. Our 7 year old twins are also really looking forward to the BIG day.

Can't wait to join one of the get togethers.

Jax

We'll be in Balwyn North from the 9th, so you can add us too :P

PS St Kilda is close to Mckinnon / Bentleigh East / Ormond, which is in the Mickinnon school area. Apparently a good school. Houses are a little pricier, but it is really close to the ocean and a lot of shops and commercial. Beautiful parks there too. Very green

• 2 months later...

It's more South than South East, but I'm in Middle Park, just before you hit St Kilda!