Anybody from South-East Melbourne?

HansaPlease

I'm curious to know where all the South Africans in the South East of Melbourne are hiding. B)

I've heard plenty of people say that they know somebody who lives in Berwick / Beaconsfield / Narre Warren / Pakenham / Bayside / Malvern / Keysborough / Clayton / Cranbourne / Lyndhurst / etc, but I've not met any yet. The bottle shops in Berwick and Pakky are starting to sell biltong, the deli's are starting to stock boerewors and this has to be a clear sign that we're taking over! :lol:

Yesterday at the Melbourne get together I heard that there were quite a few folk that came from our neck of the woods, but because we got there late, I think most of them had left already.

I'm thinking of arranging a get together in the South East some time in the distant future, this also might give the other SA Melbournites a chance to use the splinky splonky new Eastern Freeway section (opening end of June) to come and see where us South Eastern folk live?

Raise your hand if you're from the South East?! :ilikeit:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HansaPlease

• Mara

• jax and jens

• DeWetsInOz

Okay, I'll be the first to come out of hiding and raise my hand.

We're in Wheelers Hill (close to Glen Waverley) - not sure if that's part of the band of SE suburbds you looking at but given the massive suburban sprawl of MLB I think its close enough.

If not, we do spend a huge amount of time in Cranbourne at the Casey Fields cricket club during the summer months as my son is an avid cricketer so maybe that qualifies us for an invite to the SE party.

Cheers

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

You qualified as soon as you raised your hand. :thumbdown:

Wheelers Hill - Nice part of the world you live in.

I thought about adding suburbs such as Glen Waverley, Rowville, Boronia, etc to my post, but figured that if I added too many examples of suburbs, I'd soon end up tracing my way right back to the city, eventually further West to Adelaide, and ultimately ended up naming all the suburbs from Pakenham to Perth.

That would be a rather large get together. :lol:

Are you anywhere near Springvale road? I can only imagine how much quieter it will be when the Eastern kicks in.

I've driven past Casey Fields quite a lot!

Nope I don't live there but know, wait let me count, 1-2-3-4-5 families that live in Berwick, Narre Warren en Upper Beaconsfield. Shout if you need there details.

Hi Carolyn,

Wheelers Hill - Nice part of the world you live in.

Are you anywhere near Springvale road? I can only imagine how much quieter it will be when the Eastern kicks in.

Thanks HansaPlease

We have a fantastic view from our back deck and have been watching the major development and hive of construction activity of Eastlink being built over the last three years. All the construction is finished now and its just waiting for its Big Day! We are not too close to Springvale Rd but it's one of the roads we use a lot and we pretty much pack padkos everytime we set off anywhere involving Spingvale Rd - so yeah looking forward to lighter traffic.

Anyway, its a relief to know I do live in the SE 'burbs and I've put my BYO wine in the fridge - while you decide on a date for the get together.

We are looking at moving to the SE or anywhere in the East lol

So dont just disgard us!

We can make a get together any day! :thumbdown:

Nats

Nope I don't live there but know, wait let me count, 1-2-3-4-5 families that live in Berwick, Narre Warren en Upper Beaconsfield. Shout if you need there details.

Thanks Oubossies, that's great to hear. There is hope yet. :) I'm just testing the waters for now, but will give you a shout later. Thanks again.

it's one of the roads we use a lot and we pretty much pack padkos everytime we set off anywhere involving Spingvale Rd - so yeah looking forward to lighter traffic.

Anyway, its a relief to know I do live in the SE 'burbs and I've put my BYO wine in the fridge - while you decide on a date for the get together.

Right, it's on! Will add your name to the blue print.

We are looking at moving to the SE or anywhere in the East lol

So dont just disgard us!

We can make a get together any day! :)

Nats

You're on too. :lol: Pity we didn't get to meet you guys yesterday. Seems we missed a lot due to our lateness...

I'm curious to know where all the South Africans in the South East of Melbourne are hiding. :)

Hi Hansa

You are actually in Saffas heaven out there...

I also know many families in SE of Melbourne.

Berwick, Narre Warren, Lynbrook, Harkaway...etc.

Sorry you arrived a bit late yesterday - you missed out on meeting a bunch of them.

I'll pass on the contact details when you are ready.

Hi Hansa

You are actually in Saffas heaven out there...

I also know many families in SE of Melbourne.

Berwick, Narre Warren, Lynbrook, Harkaway...etc.

Sorry you arrived a bit late yesterday - you missed out on meeting a bunch of them.

I'll pass on the contact details when you are ready.

Excellent! Thanks Dorien!

Don't forget to add me to the list, must see how 'the other half live'!

Don't forget to add me to the list, must see how 'the other half live'!

Definitely!

We in Cranbourne.....

Great! More to the list...

Hi Hansa Please!

We are in Sandhurst, which is in between Cranbourne and Patterson Lakes, so can I also be added on your list?!?

Regards,

J

Hi Hansa Please!

We are in Sandhurst, which is in between Cranbourne and Patterson Lakes, so can I also be added on your list?!?

Regards,

J

Hi Janis, Welcome to the list! B)

(I'm starting to sound like the presenter in "The Rich List") :lol:

Hi Hansa Please

I can name 15.... do I win?

Hi Hansa Please

I can name 15.... do I win?

Hi Mara,

We're all winners here.

*cheesy grin* B)

Die Coetzers bly in Berwick...

Elana

The invasion is almost complete ! I live in Prahran and its great, there are two other manne from JHB and PTA that work with me here in Melbourne. Ive met another two Saffas in the financial department-bit too clever for me those boys !

Jimmi

Die Coetzers bly in Berwick...

Elana

I've not yet met a South African in Berwick, but heard about pleeeeenty of them. Finally! :ilikeit:

The invasion is almost complete ! I live in Prahran and its great, there are two other manne from JHB and PTA that work with me here in Melbourne. Ive met another two Saffas in the financial department-bit too clever for me those boys !

Jimmi

The invasion continues!

Ek en my man bly ook in Berwick.

Elaine

Excellent. More Berwick dwellers!