Virus warning

Duane W

Question

This forum keeps trying to install The Microsoft remote data access add on to my laptop. I take a dim view of Microsoft or anyone else attempting to access my data and online life.

Any of the moderators care to explain this?

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Dax

• Riekie

• JanCPT

• Gizmo

Top Posters For This Question

Why don't I get the problem? I'm on line most of the time without anything funny. I've got anti virus programs on my laptop, but I am worried.

I have an Apple Mac, so nothing here, but I now we picked up some bugs last year, from this site...

Why don't I get the problem? I'm on line most of the time without anything funny. I've got anti virus programs on my laptop, but I am worried.

KD,

It may be due to your AV settings, but also ensure that you update your AV database at least once a week, hopefully nothing is slipping past your defences. However, this particular "gem" has been identified a while ago already, so all databases should have it.

Cheers,

Dax

Edited by Dax

Thanks for the info, DavidK! Will check it out today.

Thought of taking my laptop for a shower, but decided to feed it beetroot instead!

Take care and safe surfing...

zorba

:whome:

I am firewalled and anti virussed to the gills and Zone alarm is still blocking my pc from accessing that site.

I made a post yesterday about this and it was rapidly hidden in the technical section. I use Zonealarm firewall and antivirus works well for me. Not cheap but very effective

I'm still being attacked by the Trojan Horse. Luckily my Norton blocks it every time!

I showed someone this site yesterday - and on their PC, it also came up with virus etc.

Seems to be the forum that has a problem.

I'm also not experiencing any problems. It could be something which was attached to a certain post and only ppl who accessed that post are affected. Best would be to update your virus protection programme & run a scan to be on the safe side. As Hendie lives in a completely different timezone, he'll investigate as soon as he is awake (it is actually night there at the moment...)

I can't believe it - theystill haven't sorted the problem out - nailed again

Some of us do need our sleep.

Chandi, as I'm not experiencing any of these problems, I'm not able to tell, but I'm assuming that it might all be the same thing. Hopefully we'll have some answers soon.

See response in Forum Help.

Hi Riekie

I presume Hendie has sorted it out as my computer no longer thinks it is on 'drugs'!

Well yesterday my computer was doing some fancy footwork whilst I was browsing here, but today it is quiet, no further problems, I do however, have pretty good up to date virus protection on my machine.

Hi,

I am hitting it everytime I get into the Foyer!!??

WoO

Damn it is still happening to me. :blink:

Our office runs Trend and it is able to alert me to the infection but unable to clear it!!! :blink:

I am going to have to leave the forum until it gets sorted.

I have never had this problem on any of the other forums I chat on. :rolleyes:

It's also because much less people use it than Windows. Hackers know that they will find wider choices/targets in the windows world than the linux world.

Also, all Hackers worth the name are on Linux or similar platforms. Only idiots try to hack from a Windows platform :blink::rolleyes:

So, hackers mostly are wary of Linux, they never know when they are up against one of their own...

Cheers,

Dax

Not even a trojan wants to attack me :rolleyes:

I think I will uninstall my super dooper antivirus program, disable firewall and put up a sign that says "Right of Admission NOT reserved"

Some of us do need our sleep.

And some us clearly need to hibernate

It's still hitting my computer when I go into Immigration/general

If you haven't been hit, I think you should check your antivirus, cause it's clearly not doing the job

Both times I logged off this morning, I ran a full scan & AVG again picked up an infection, even after blocking countless hits while I was logged on

We are going to have to run full scans after every visit to this site, or take the risk of an infection

I am running fully updated AVG, Spybot, Comodo, XP and have not had one single hit on a virus, not even when running "All Files" scans.

Maybe I am just lucky :blink:

I kinda feel left out tho :blink:

I noticed, it "gets" my computer when I go into the Applications board.