My house

Karen

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your kind comments on my home. I hope to have a coffee morning at home as soon as the container has arrived and we have managed to settle in a bit. I saw another posting was added by Curry, but as my internet time is limited at the moment I have no time to read it. I will unfortunately have to disregard all irrelevant gibberish from now on, as my purpose on this forum is 1. helping immigrants (and wannabe's of course) and 2. having a relaxing chat to all of my many dear friends. Not even if I had time to waste would I be interested in feeding the insatiable hunger for attention, besides, as you all know from your own lives, places to go, friends to see, family to love, new exciting ppl to meet ! :hug: Thanks again for the kind comments, will show you more from the inside soon. Also wanted to add that I loved all of the homes posted so far, they all have something so fab to them, keep them coming, it's all very interesting ! :hug: On Riekie’s topic of grass hedges, I saw a really ugly one on my way to school, will take a pic on Monday, to show you.

Chat again soon, enjoy your weekend !

Love

SS

:hug:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riekie

• chester

• Annette

• Brenda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey all,

Still on the subject of getting rid of dirt, I thought I would share with you the concept of a ducted vacuum system. Some of you may have seen adverts of houses including the term and may have wondered what this entails. I know this system is also available in SA and therefore others may not find this topic interesting at all (sorry about that :ilikeit: ). Ducted vacuum is a vacuum cleaning system that is built into your home. It consists of a unit (usually installed in the garage), which holds a filter (looks like a big vacuum bag) and is plugged in. In the house there are a few outlets resembling power outlets, where a special vacuuming hose can be plugged in. As soon as the hose is plugged in, the system is activated and all of the dirt is sucked through the hose, through the wall socket, into the filter unit. This means that you no longer need to haul an entire vacuum cleaner through your home, up stairs, etc, as you now only have a hose to manage. Depending on the amount of dirt and how often the unit is used, the filter needs to be replaced, or cleaned out about once a month. I include pics of the wall unit, the filter unit, the hose, etc. Hope you find it interesting.

Love

SS

:unsure:

Guest Sunshine Sister

Ok, Hey there,

It's Monday - and here is the infamous grass hedge. I was taught that ugly is impolite and that ladies say interesting, different or not to my taste.. I think this hedge is not to my taste.. :ilikeit: I must add that there are even more interesting grass hedges around and that this one isn't even all that bad !! :unsure::blush: Welcome to the neigbourhood.

Love

SS

:glare:

Edited by Sunshine Sister

As promised, some fences in Aus. I had to drive through a very old area to get all of these. The newer areas have either no fences, or brick and/or palisade (more the style we were used to in RSA - and the houses are also more modern and something for the eye) but because of the lower cost of these other options, they might still have these along the sides & rear of their properties. Usually they then design their gardens to hide it away a bit. Enjoy!!.... :glare:

The wood option with a view...

The decorated color-bond option.... (Most people have them without the top bit).

The solid wood option....

The pool-fence option....

The picket fence option.... (also very popular, especially with federation style houses -which, by the way, is also very popular in Aus - in the new areas too).

The much talked about grass option.... He-He!!

From the photographs the effects of the drought can also be seen by the dry side-walks in front of these properties. It is not that ppl don't want to keep it nice & neat, it is just not an option in this drought... :ilikeit:

I hope you've enjoyed this "drive-by" with me.... :unsure: Will post some of the more modern fences & houses soon -watch this space...!!

Guest Noeks

I'v not been anywhere near the East Coast yet, so I found all those pics so interesting Riekie! its great to see other areas and homes, etc. I love it! Keep 'em coming! :ilikeit: Those grass hedges/fences remind me a lot of what you find in the (Kruger) Park.... ag my ou hartjie, now I'm missing the Laeveld and the bush.... :)

And as promised, some modern houses in my area (Sydney Hills).Some of these houses have just been completed and you can still see the red tape (compulsory for building sites in Aus) in the foreground. You basically get 3 types of modern housing in the suburbs:

The rendered (plastered) house - very "square" and "clinical" in design, both intertior & exterior

Then you get the federation type home: modern with an antique touch - I myself like this building style the most. Gives you that "homey" feeling...

Then the sort of in-between designs. Also nice.....

Very interesting, thanks everyone!

I really fancy that built in vacuum system! Very snazzy indeed. Now if only they would invent some kind of easy-iron system... My dream is for a magic laundry basket - where you drop the laundry in the basket, and it magically reappears in the cupboards cleaned, ironed and folded.... (I can dream...)

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi there,

Oh DD, wouldn't that be wonderful !! Only problem with our current vacuum system is the fact that it still demands human participation... :blush-anim-cl: I'm thinking one of those Japanese Robot vacuum cleaners might have been nicer... Almost like a Kreepy, but then for carpets. And so I dream the day away. :D

Look what I just found ! My Riekie-style drive-by pic nearly became a smash-'n'-grab with the Anglican behind me not paying attention to my FLASHING HAZARDS ! :ilikeit: (He would have smashed and I would have grabbed :blush-anim-cl: ) Know what I mean ?? *sigh* I suppose we all have our daily challenges... :ilikeit:

Anyway, here you go, pics of my find - fence-ala-S'Efrican, a public play park for kids (remember the concept from back in the day ? ) and my neighbourhood.

Chat soon.

Love

SS

:thumbdown:

Guest Jules
Very interesting, thanks everyone!

I really fancy that built in vacuum system! Very snazzy indeed. Now if only they would invent some kind of easy-iron system... My dream is for a magic laundry basket - where you drop the laundry in the basket, and it magically reappears in the cupboards cleaned, ironed and folded.... (I can dream...)

Hehe, DD, wouldn't that be great? I think my greatest wish would be some kind of cooking machine where you could just put in the ingredients and it would return ready made meals. It would also have a weekly recipe printout so you would know what ingredients to buy and the menu would always be changing so there would be no complaints at the table. :D

Hi there,

Oh DD, wouldn't that be wonderful !! Only problem with our current vacuum system is the fact that it still demands human participation... :ilikeit: I'm thinking one of those Japanese Robot vacuum cleaners might have been nicer... Almost like a Kreepy, but then for carpets. And so I dream the day away. :blush-anim-cl:

LOL SS. Yes it does seem to have a design flaw doesn't it? It must have been invented by a man :blush-anim-cl::boxing:

Thanks for all the neighbourhood pics SS and Riekie! :thumbdown: I think I will have to get out the camera, I'm letting the QLD side down here :ilikeit:

Love

Julie :cowboy:

Guest Noeks

After just completing another tedious morning of housework - didn't quite get 'round to it yesterday, SS - I rather fancy the idea of a robot doing the vacuuming (like a Kreepy) and also the cleaning of the floor and bath/shower tiles, and also the polishing, and also hanging out of washing (just for it to start raining again :thumbdown: )... oh, and also the picking up and tidying up after houseguests (ja, I'm still whinging about that :blush-anim-cl: ), and, and, and also cleaning the pool after one seriously heavy storm - reckon we caught the tail end of that tornado, coz' my pool is presently wall to wall leaves and other parts of trees and shrubs... WHAT I THINK I NEED IS.... a very efficient, energetic, Chippendale-lookalike stukkie a'la domestic servant that is ABLE to do all of the above, and then when he's finished, make me a cuppa, bring it here to the study where I'm frantically hitting the keys, and then smile and leave very quietly. :D

You see - this is the result of doing loads of housework - it affects my mind :blush-anim-cl: - its all mindless activity - and leads to me all sorts of shananigans and absolutely futile ridiculous thoughts.... I believe I am slightly touched and need to get back in touch with reality - this is the affect housework has on me, and my mind - maybe I should go take some photos (of houses, that is!!) hee hee :ilikeit:

Oh yeah, quick update - for those of you aware of my houseguest dilemma - daughter's boyfriend is leaving tomorrow, returning to ma-ma and the apron strings in SA - you see, there is much to be grateful for! :ilikeit:

Stay well, guys, and keep those photies coming - I love seeing the rest of Aus. Careful next time you stop to take photos, Sugar Sis, you never know whats near your rear! Ta ta for now xx :cowboy:

Check this out!

Electronic robotic vacuum cleaner

KARCHER Australia has launched the RC3000 robotic cleaner - the Robo Cleaner. The battery-powered unit is designed for use in private homes, doctors' surgeries and offices of all kinds.

Here is the link:

http://www.ferret.com.au/articles/58/0c016058.asp

Enjoy!

Madelein

GENADE!!!! Dit lyk my julle is almal miljoeners!!!!! Wat kos hierdie huise te koop of te huur en watse salaris moet mens uitkty na belasting om in sulke mansions te bly!!!! Julle is duidelik in n ander bloedgroep!!!

Guest Sunshine Sister
KARCHER Australia has launched the RC3000 robotic cleaner - the Robo Cleaner.

YAY !!! :D Thanks Maddy for that !! I never thought I would ever in a million years say this, but I think I'm gonna be a good girl :blush-anim-cl: for the remainder of 2006 and whisper ROBO CLEANER in Santa's ear... :blush-anim-cl:

Life as we know it, just got better !!

Love

SS

:thumbdown:

Guest Jules

Thanks for that Madelein! :D

Amen to that SS!! It's on my wishlist for sure! Of course a bit of psychology will have to come in to play here. So hubby will be given a choice, the chippendale housekeeper or the robo-cleaner. :blush-anim-cl:

Love

Julie :blush-anim-cl:

GENADE!!!! Dit lyk my julle is almal miljoeners!!!!! Wat kos hierdie huise te koop of te huur en watse salaris moet mens uitkty na belasting om in sulke mansions te bly!!!! Julle is duidelik in n ander bloedgroep!!!

Die huise wat ek afgeneem het, is huise in my buurt en nie my eie huis nie (ek huur nog 'n pondokkie op die oomblik..... :blush-anim-cl: ). Die gemiddelde prys vir so 'n huis (die wat ek afgeneem het) is enige iets tussen $600 000 en $1.2 miljoen. Gewoonlik is die grond die duur deel van eiendom, so jy kan bv so 'n huis kry op 'n klein stukkie grond vir $600 000 en vir presies dieselfde huis $1.2 miljoen betaal op 'n groot eiendom (kleinhoewe)

Eiendom IS nou maar eenmaal duur in Aus - veral in Sydney en nog meer as jy naby die stad of die see bly. So 'n huis sal maklik 4 keer meer kos in 'n waterfront area soos Vaucluse. :blush-anim-cl: (Dit is hoekom ons boertjies maar in die "suburbs" bly..... :D ). In ander stede is eiendom ook natuurlik heelwat goedkoper.

Hi julle,

Ek het nou net hierdie oulike ding raakge'shop' op Deals Direct! Dis 'n nou nog nie Robo Vacuum nie, maar dis 'n Robo Sweeper. Weet nie of dit die moeite werd is nie, maar mens kan maar probeer. Dit sal ook nie Santa se sak swaar tref nie.

Groetnis,

Dreamy

Guest Jules

Not bad at all Dreamy :unsure: but, for heaven's sake, would someone just invent the robo-housekeeper en kry klaar!!! Those of you old enough will remember in the 70's and early 80's we were told that by the year 2000 we would be going to the moon on holiday, robots would be performing all of our tedious, time consuming tasks, and we would be popping pills instead of eating food. Well, I'm sure most of us could do without the first and last one, but get a move on with the robots already! :rolleyes:

Love

Julie :blink:

Guest Sunshine Sister

AMEN SISTA !! I will even put my trip to the moon off and go to QLD instead, for a robot-cleaning-extraordinaire. Enough already with all the manual labour !! Dreamy, I like that one. Nice thing is at that price I can buy it for myself and leave the Chippendale-dreamboat-cuppa-carrier-kiddie-watcher request for Santa's lap... :unsure: Did you see they even accept the ol' AMEX plattie !! YAY, they have obviously been preparing for my arrival, planning ahead... I LIKE THAT !! Just wonder how these migaftertjies will handle stairs, :blink: I have loads of stairs and multiple-levelling, wouldn't want them to go tumbling and leave me to do the cleaning... :rolleyes: Back to square one.

Love

SS

:blink:

Hey girls don't wanna be crashing the tea party or anything but since I think this discussion is becoming a bit of one sided affair I feel compelled to share with you my christmas wish no 1. Even men like their robo - help!

The Robo mower: http://www.friendlyrobotics.com/

Ag waar is my ou Julius nou?

Robo BUG

Ek het al heelwat van hul gesien by besighede hier om die stad & hul almal het al gese dit ding werk soos 'n droom & die robo cleaner werk nogals ok vir "light cleaning" maar ek verkies nog stees my Rainbow E Series vaccuum!!!

Die filter is "water bowl" & daar's geen stof wat terug op die mat gaan nie want die water vang als. Ek was geskok toe ons dit net gekoop het het ek dit probeer en die mat het "skoon" gelyk maar jinne daai water bowl het als behalwe skoon gebly :ilikeit: Uhmm ek dink ek het nou net op gefess dat ek nie 'n goeie huisvrou is nie :whome:

Ag waar is my ou Julius nou?

Waking up this morning to a house that clearly lacks full time maids and robo-cleaners and Chippendale-lookalike servants, etc, etc, I agree wholeheartedly with the "Ag waar is my ou Julius nou?" - except it's "where's my ol' Anna" :thumbdown: in my case. Its all too much sometimes. Constant cleaning and tidying up and washing of clothes (ok, the machine does it) and ironing and washing of dishes (yes I know, the machine does that too) and vacuuming and polishing.... :D Ag, I think I should rather go back to bed.

From one who's very obviously lost their sense of humour this morning....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Wel, na drie jaar in Australia trek ek in my 2 de huis in hier in Adelaide. Hier is n paar fotos. My eerste huis het ek gekoop toe ek nog n casual was na 9 maande in Australia, my tweede huis help om die huis te finansier. Kan nie kla nie

post-523-1193380458.jpg

post-523-1193380569.jpg

post-523-1193380610.jpg

post-523-1193380641.jpg

post-523-1193380678.jpg

post-523-1193380727.jpg

post-523-1193380765.jpg

post-523-1193380924.jpg