New Forum Experiences

Jordy

Question

Hi Hendie,

With the forum software upgrade, I am struggling to remain logged in. I can log in on the main index, but if I open a topic or thread in a new window, I have to log in again for that window. In fact, everytime I click anything, I have to relog in. Anyone else having that problem. I normally use Firefox and thought it might be that, but have the same problem with IE too.

Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Ok after posting this topic. I was logged out again. I then had to log in to edit. Then I logged in and clicked edit, I then had a log in a third time.I have clicked the remember me box but it doesnt help.

Edited by Jordy

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Jordy

• starfish

• SueB

• Tres

Top Posters For This Question

Guest mrs mupersan

Can't get into my controls either - also keeps jumping out!!! And I can't post as a guest either!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

Giving up now - will try again in a few days.

Can't get into my controls either - also keeps jumping out!!! And I can't post as a guest either!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

Giving up now - will try again in a few days.

I've deleted cookies, checked all settings on both Firefox and IE, and in fact my experience is getting worse - sometimes I can't even login. Very difficult and time consuming to do anything on the forum right now.

Hope things get sorted out.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks host team for saving us from the hackers - well done! :)

I'm sure any new problems will be sorted out ASAP.

I personally miss the yellow and green colours - I find the blue too 'cold' and miss the friendly yellow! ...yup, I'm the salmon fishy swimming upstream... :angry::angry:

Howzit All Nicki G other half here we are using Opera as our browser in even if you set up Cookie to be accepted in the browser it still kicks you out you need to set this up in your internet options via your control panel thats if you are using Windows of course.If you cant get it right just pop a message and i will make a step by step guide for the uneducated masses.

Cheer Bradley or as you may know this forum guru Nicki G

Howzit All Nicki G other half here we are using Opera as our browser in even if you set up Cookie to be accepted in the browser it still kicks you out you need to set this up in your internet options via your control panel thats if you are using Windows of course.If you cant get it right just pop a message and i will make a step by step guide for the uneducated masses.

Cheer Bradley or as you may know this forum guru Nicki G

I'm also having the same problem. Have explicitly allowed www.saaustralia.org and saaustralia.org in my firefox cookies (am using Linux right now, so haven't tested in internet exploder).

However, I've just tried CLEARING all my old cookies (maybe the old forum stored them in a different format?) and have reset everything. If it works, I'll post a howto (at least for firefox)

I never thought of using Opera but it doesnt work for me. Spent the afternoon searching the net for help on this problem, and what I did find is that it definitely is a cookie thing. Unfortunately one cannot ask Invision for help - only the purchaser of the forum software can.

However it seems to be a known problem with no known solution. So Nikki G's better half please post step by step guide. thos who cant post and cant ask you to do it.

I give up!

Long message would have followed here, now I'm going to trim it to "I tried fixing cookies on my side, no luck, will wait"

Patience is evidently something I'm gnna have to practise a lot, oh well :shrug: better than Long-suffering I guess :ilikeit:

I second that! Well done Hendie, you did it. It is fixed. ;):holy::ilikeit:

Yippee!!!!!!! We can post again.

Howzit,

Is ook beindruk met die nuwe baadjie vir die forum. Nog nie heeltemal clued up met al die oulike goete nie, maar sal maar leer met die tyd.

Dit lyk my 'n paar ouens het panic attacks gekry, omdat hulle nie kon inkom nie! Hendie sal 'n support group moet begin vir al die addicts! :blink: Ek sal lifetime membership kry binne 'n week!

Drie HOERAS vir Hendie en die span!!!! ;):holy::ilikeit:

Well done guys on the forum upgrade. Thanks Hendie for the login fix.

I am undecided about the blue. Kinda miss the green and yellow...........all forums are blue, and that is what the SAAustralia one special.

I am still learning all the nice new features. The one thing that freaks me out is that we can now see who looked at our profile recently.........its kinda wierd knowing that so and so looked at your profile. Creepy! But I suppose we will all have to put something worthwhile in the profiles now.

I like the Blue. It's also pretty cool because at least when your boss comes round, he doesn't recognise that you're browsing the SaAustralia forum UH-GAIN!! ;)

Thanks for fixing the problems ;) It's great to know there are such dedicated, competent people running the forum :holy::ilikeit:

Hi Hendie and Hosts

When I logged in this morning I got a really nice surprise - I absolutely LOVE what you guys have done with the forum and the blue is really so much easier on the eyes. Well done. Will have a squiz around a bit later to see what new feature are in place.

Keep up with the good work.

RoMar :stretcher:

Hi Hendie and Hosts,

Love the new look!

Nats

Selfde is mal oor die nuwe 'look' :cry: rustige uitwerking op n mens!

Hou so aan :rolleyes:

Groete Ursula.

Don't know if anyone noted this yet, but I think the NEW BLUE is refreshing.

Must say, it scared the bajeez out of me the first time. Thought I had lost my last few marbles (The few I had left after all the information overload in the last few weeks)