New Forum Experiences

Jordy

Question

Hi Hendie,

With the forum software upgrade, I am struggling to remain logged in. I can log in on the main index, but if I open a topic or thread in a new window, I have to log in again for that window. In fact, everytime I click anything, I have to relog in. Anyone else having that problem. I normally use Firefox and thought it might be that, but have the same problem with IE too.

Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Ok after posting this topic. I was logged out again. I then had to log in to edit. Then I logged in and clicked edit, I then had a log in a third time.I have clicked the remember me box but it doesnt help.

Edited by Jordy

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Jordy

• starfish

• SueB

• Tres

Top Posters For This Question

HI, Getting quite used to the blue. It's nice and easy on the eyes. But the old colours were also new. I am just a change addict.

Ja me too, same problem as Jordy. Though I don't know what Firefox is :huh:

Can I have access back into the Ladies Lounge too please :D

Jordy, I would reply to your post but I keep getting logged out :D Just a few teething pains I guess!

Thanks for mentioning Firefox Jordy!!!

Internet Explorer kept on giving me runtime errors and wanted to "debug" :ilikeit: and saying 'ipsmenu' is undefined ... :ilikeit:

but now, that I logged in through Firefox it works!!!! :cry:

And my favorite added bonus of the new version is the spell-check!!! (but it is set on American dictionary and the little spelling that I do get right is the British version!! :ilikeit: )

any one else with this problem. i just cant get it right

any one else with this problem. i just cant get it right

Same with me - with both Firefox and IE, have to login to do almost anything. Battled just to make this post :-(

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks

:magic: I have the same problem, always being logged out, was logged out when I tred to reply, must be an Eishkom issue :magic:

Hi Folks

:magic: I have the same problem, always being logged out, was logged out when I tred to reply, must be an Eishkom issue :magic:

I'm still having the same problem too. For once though I won't blame eskom. I think it's more likely to be a problem with the cookies or something with the forum upgrade. Which I generally like btw, especially the blue, easier on the eyes (from a wavelength point of view).

Hendie en Forum Hosts, etc,

Die Forum Upgrade is great!! :lol: Baie dankie! Ek is mal oor die blou, soos almal gese het is dit "easy on the eyes". B)

Na gister se skrik met die simpel hackers :angry: was dit wonderlik om in te log en 'n nuwe gesiggie te sien. Extreme Makeover the dinges. :lol:

Ek's mal oor die nuwe Fast Reply!!! :rolleyes:

Baie dankie julle almal vir "DIE FORUM" dis of dit 'n eie identiteit het, wat groei en verander.

'n Groot hulp vir al die members!!

Baie Geluk!! Het julle 2 jaar gelede gedink dit sou so groot sukses wees!! :ilikeit:

N

NS: Ons :blush: gewone outjies kan nie op Announcements comment nie en ek is seker daar is ander soos ek wat ook 'n ietsie wil se.

Love the upgrade Hendie and Hosts...

Thanks for all the good work you guys do for the forum.

:lol:

Hi guys

We are trying to sort out the teething issues. In the mean time please be patient while we try and fix things.

Thanks

Dedrei

Security has been beefed up significantly with this new version, and it is my understanding that the forum now makes even more use of cookies to help in preserving your identity and security. Please make sure that you have configured your browser to allow cookies for saaustralia.org. I use Firefox, Camino, and Safari, and on all of them I get in and post without problems.

And please discuss what you find good or bad about this new version, we can all learn from each other!

Enjoy!

Stem saam met Nilo, dankie vir die vinnige en harde werk, en ja, die blou is baie sagter op die oog.

Wat van ons hou die kleur (Aus se vlag is immers blou, lol) en sit net die ou SAAustralia logo op?

Maar wat die kleur ookal is, dis die contents wat tel.

I LIKE the fact the we can click straight back to the last threads posted from a reply just posted. Before I had to go out via Forum topics and then click on the latest thread link.

Thanks

Stem saam met Nilo, dankie vir die vinnige en harde werk, en ja, die blou is baie sagter op die oog.

Wat van ons hou die kleur (Aus se vlag is immers blou, lol) en sit net die ou SAAustralia logo op?

Maar wat die kleur ookal is, dis die contents wat tel.

yup colour is secondary however blue is nice and kind of Aussie :blink: but kit said its the contents that count

True Blue!!! hahahaha

(its an aussie thing)

True Blue!!! hahahaha

(its an aussie thing)

yup it is .. true blue too quote some of the song

True Blue, is it me and you

Is it Mum and Dad, is it a co-ockatoo

Is it standin' by your mate when he's in a fight

Or just Vegemi-ite

True-ue-ue Blue, I'm a-asking you

Hey True Blue, can you bear the load

Will you tie it up with wire

Just to keep the show on the road

Hey True Blue

Hey True Blue, now be Fair Dinkum

Just for the record, my cookies are enabled, I am using Firefox and I still struggle to stay logged in. But I am sure it will be sorted out in no time. Maybe I should go to bed earlier.......

Guest mrs mupersan

Hi Hendie

Configure cookies? Please explain how to do this for the uneducated masses - preferably for Firefox and IE. I'm sure that this is Greek to alot of people and I'm getting really irritated with having to log in at every click. I've tried a couple of times to post on topics and have just given up eventually - I'm yet to post anything successfully. I wonder if this one will be successful......?

I like the look of this new site but when it comes to ease of use, there really is a problem. Considering that there are alot of IT people on this forum, I suppose it is only a handful of us who can't figure out how to "configure cookies". In the meantime, I'm going to lurk as a guest and just not post anything.

:blink:

Let's try this again...... :ph34r:

If you have any requests or problems I suggest you go to the following message and record them there!

Sorry, I have deleted the link as I believe everybody does not have access to it. My apologies.

One thing you need to be aware of is the all of my Friends ended up in THE BLOCKED LIST, so check on your controls as your PMs may be a bit quiet if you don't

Guest mrs mupersan
If you have any requests or problems I suggest you go to the following message and record them there!

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9995&hl=

Hi Mara

The link above does not seem to be for pointing out problems with the new site. Where better than "New Forum Experiences"....???

And directly from Hendie above..... "And please discuss what you find good or bad about this new version, we can all learn from each other!"

Sorry if my post sounded very negative and abrupt. But so far my experience of the new site has been extremely frustrating and from the other posts, I am not the only one. Simply stating that one needs to "configure cookies" is not very helpful unless you actually know how to do this!

EDIT: After trying to post the above twice and getting kicked out to the log-in screen, I am now being told that I don't have permission to post on this topic!!! So let me try AGAIN! This is SO frustrating!!!! :):angry: :angry:

HI Mara

None of the members can post in the link you provided, that is why Hendie created this post so we can iron out some issues from members.

Cheers

D

One thing you need to be aware of is the all of my Friends ended up in THE BLOCKED LIST, so check on your controls as your PMs may be a bit quiet if you don't

I have found the same problem. So please go to your My Controls and then on the left select PM block list and remove all your friends from there.