Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:15 AM, Jignesh said:

What date was the application lodged in sep, just for info as my application is in oct 2015.

thanks

25/09/2018

Hi all, 

I’m hoping someone can help me 

I am my dads sponsor (AUS citizen) for a Contributory (Subclass 143) and I was recently married and changed my surname.. 

Do I have to fill out a Form 929 with this change? Or does this form apply to the applicant ONLY? 

Also.. does anyone happen to know what this means 

😰😰

B9E28F1E-3D6B-485F-A01C-401E80432DD3.jpeg

Edited by Barkies

@Barkies The applicant (your dad) needs to complete a Form 1022  if it is to do with any changes with the sponsor 

The Form 929 is if there are any direct changes with his details like passport renewal or address change etc.

Don't worry about Queue Assessment - you just need to follow visa assessment - when did your dad lodge his application?

I did it like this with changes of my sponsors address, email address, telephone number etc. I emailed it and received a response from an individual to say the details had been updated.

image.png.a9de8b17cddc79e95795048809246d5e.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Barkies said:

Also.. does anyone happen to know what this means 

😰😰

B9E28F1E-3D6B-485F-A01C-401E80432DD3.jpeg

The 103 and 804 are the non-Contributory parent visas.  Part way through their wait their application is examined further and assuming all is well at that stage they then get 'queued' and the DHA provided a time line for this.  This is not applicable (N/A) to the Contributory visas as they are not queued. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Maz said:

@Barkies The applicant (your dad) needs to complete a Form 1022  if it is to do with any changes with the sponsor 

The Form 929 is if there are any direct changes with his details like passport renewal or address change etc.

Don't worry about Queue Assessment - you just need to follow visa assessment - when did your dad lodge his application?

I did it like this with changes of my sponsors address, email address, telephone number etc. I emailed it and received a response from an individual to say the details had been updated.

image.png.a9de8b17cddc79e95795048809246d5e.png

Thanks Maz

We applied on the 21 Feb 2017. I was really hoping we about 1 more year to wait but it’s looking like it’s getting to 5 years - 😫

• Sad 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, Elna57 said:

@Ike

I am afraid that I do not understand your question?

Once your 143 visa is granted and you are a permanent resident, you get your medicare card as soon as you go into any Mygov office. I will try to find more info on what is covered and what not.

What is your timeline? When did you apply?

Dental and eyes(specs) I think are not covered with medicare card. I stand to be corrected on this but that is my understanding.

Public hospital, doctors consultations are covered and medicines partly covered.

Does this answer your question?

Elna, could you possibly tell me how we submit the completed Form 80?  We applied for the 143 visa in Sept 2015 and were asked last week for further info, including the Form 80 for both me and my husband.  Do I scan and email it or courier it? or is there another way of doing it?

What is the current waiting time for this visa class? The 143. I haven't been following for a while.  We need to do some sums on keeping my mom afloat in SA until then and I need a timeline. (I know Ts and Cs apply :P )

I would guess around 4 to 5 years? 

When did you apply?

16 hours ago, Mel-B said:

What is the current waiting time for this visa class? The 143. I haven't been following for a while.  We need to do some sums on keeping my mom afloat in SA until then and I need a timeline. (I know Ts and Cs apply :P )

With the 143 the Dept of Home Affairs states that they are currently looking at applications lodged in August 2015. 

:( thanks Tee. So for all purposes 4 years. That's really long for old retired people to wait. 

And the worst part, my folks have been waiting nearly 4 years... but when they applied the wait time was stated to be 2 years :( 

wow. :(

4 minutes ago, Mel-B said:

wow. :(

My advice is to get your folks here on a holiday visa (apply for a visa with longer stay).  They will need full medicals, and medical insurance while they are here, but at least they can be with you.  My folks were here for 12 months last year, now back home for six months before they can return.  It has been really hard on them just waiting, we wish we had done the holiday option sooner.

6 minutes ago, Tazzy said:

My advice is to get your folks here on a holiday visa (apply for a visa with longer stay).  They will need full medicals, and medical insurance while they are here, but at least they can be with you.  My folks were here for 12 months last year, now back home for six months before they can return.  It has been really hard on them just waiting, we wish we had done the holiday option sooner.

Or if your parents meet the 'Aged' criteria then there may also the potential to apply for a parent visa within Australia and wait in Australia during processing.

2 hours ago, Mel-B said:

:( thanks Tee. So for all purposes 4 years. That's really long for old retired people to wait. 

Yes, as above for older parents then the onshore option may also be an option.

Another issue is that unfortunately this year the quota of visa places available to parents has been reduced.  The waiting times can vary considerably over time depending upon the number of applications received vs. the quota of places available and department policy. 

5 minutes ago, TeeTMI said:

Or if your parents meet the 'Aged' criteria then there may also the potential to apply for a parent visa within Australia and wait in Australia during processing.

Hi Tee - would you mind explaining how this works please? What visa would they need to be on in Australia in order to remain onshore during processing of the aged contributory visa?

1 hour ago, Jelly said:

Hi Tee - would you mind explaining how this works please? What visa would they need to be on in Australia in order to remain onshore during processing of the aged contributory visa?

The parent would need to be in Australia holding a visa that would permit them to apply for another visa whilst in Australia. 
So an example might be where a parent had come to Australia on holiday (visitor visa), then during that visit they decided that they would like to move to Australia permanently and to apply for one of the Aged Parent visas whilst they are in Australia. 
With regard to the visitor visa the visitor visa would need to allow an application to be made in Australia.  However, Conditions are often attached to the Sub Class 600 visitor visa such as 8503 and 8531 which (generally) would not permit an Application to be made in Australia.

8503 - NO FURTHER STAY
8531 - MUST LEAVE BEFORE VISA EXPIRY

@Mel-B I am currently hitting 45 months and was also under the impression it would only be 18 - 24 months. I have been fortunate to have been requested for additional doc, medical etc and submitted those in March and not heard a word its been 4 more months of just waiting and not knowing.  This waiting period has been survival of the mentally fittest!

18 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

The parent would need to be in Australia holding a visa that would permit them to apply for another visa whilst in Australia. 
So an example might be where a parent had come to Australia on holiday (visitor visa), then during that visit they decided that they would like to move to Australia permanently and to apply for one of the Aged Parent visas whilst they are in Australia. 
With regard to the visitor visa the visitor visa would need to allow an application to be made in Australia.  However, Conditions are often attached to the Sub Class 600 visitor visa such as 8503 and 8531 which (generally) would not permit an Application to be made in Australia.

8503 - NO FURTHER STAY
8531 - MUST LEAVE BEFORE VISA EXPIRY

Thanks for this info, @TeeTMI :)