Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi Graham. Perhaps they will still be happy with your medicals and you wont have to redo the whole thing. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Thanks for your comment Elna and I guess that you are correct 'wait, see and hope for a good outcome'.

My Brother suggested that I write to PVC team with my concerns. I feel that they have their hands full and I do not think it is prudent to pester them.

Cheers,

Graham.

• Like 1

Graham, we did the same with our Police Clearance Certificates last year and got them in May 2016 already, expecting to migrate by November 2016. Although they are only valid for 6 months in RSA, the Australian immigration dept regards them valid for 12 months. When we realized this year that we might not get our CO by May, we got new PCC's a few weeks ago. Fortunately they lately take only about 2-3 weeks to get. Just find out which courier your local Postnet uses and then do it with that courier direct. Worked out much cheaper in our experience.

We sincerely hope that your medicals don't expire before you get your CO. 

• Like 1

Dirk, I am in the same boat with Police Clearances. I also did them in June last thinking that I wanted to be well prepared.

Thanks for the courier advice but hoping against hope that I will not be needing their services !

Regards,

Graham.

• Like 2

We all seem to be in the same boat. Our police clearances expire in Nov. So we may also have to re apply. The boat is getting fuller. :D

Hello Roomies,

I received a reply to my email this morning from parents@immi.... 

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 October 2014."

:rolleyes::D
  • Like 3

Please tell me if I'm hogging this forum, but I really like helping others with relevant info that I have and they might not have. 

I'm indebted to a previous forum member, Orphan (on another thread), for a lot of info that helped me through this process.

What I've done and I would suggest you that follow this thread could also do, is create a document on your desk top - just a normal MS Word document - and copy and paste all relevant info that you get off the forum or anywhere else in this document. Then update it from time to time.

This is a good tip, because I've done it and have just again gone through all the details Orphan has given us in 2014. I also noticed the changes that have taken place since then.

Also keep a paragraph on the document of when everything happens to your timeline so you can refer back to it for your own and others' benefit.

The latest news I have from our side is that I submitted the requested documents (Police Clearance & Form 80) to PVC as required by scanning our two PCC's in one pdf file, but our Form 80's separate because they are 18 pages each. I had to actually print out the Form 80 after filling it in on the mac, because 1. the form stays fillable when opened and saved with Adobe Reader, and 2. one needs to sign it at the end. So I printed all 18 pages, signed on p17, and then scanned all the pages again (in pdf as requested). Now they can't be altered anymore.

Minutes after submitting the documents in three pdf files I received an automated reply from PVC that they have received my email. That was nice! One feels after all these months that you are actually now in contact with a person and not a computer.

In my email I also mentioned that we have done our medicals and my son initiated the AoS. 

This morning I was surprised to find another email from PVC thanking me for my email and confirming that our medicals have been cleared !!! I was worried about something on my medical history from many years ago that has been successfully treated. 

Also in the first automated reply from PVC there were some answers on Frequently Asked Questions. One of relevance that I noticed was that they say that while Centrelink does advise the PVC of AoS approvals, PVC prefers that the assurer also submits the AoS Acceptance Letter from Centrelink directly to PVC when he gets it, because your assurer may receive the Acceptance Letter before PVC gets notified by Centrelink. That will speed up processing time.

If there is any questions of relevance that I can help with, please feel free to ask ?

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

@JaneandGraham.

Would you like me to add you to our waiting list in order to allow those behind you in the q to follow your progress? All I need is your permission to publish your names and lodgment.date and any info you wish to.share with us.  

We may need to change the headings of our timetable though.... will have to wait and see how the process unfolds nowadays.

:wub: I wrote a whole post about how we need not worry about flooding etc in this thread but it somehow got lost. So here it is (in  a nutshell).... no worries about flooding here  mates...  

Ps. We still have to keep our "noses clean" though. 

@Dirkz. 

Thank you very much for all the info. 

@Ashmount. 

Great news. Thank you!!

Dear Elna,

Thank you, please included our details in your spreadsheet.

As you know I am a pilot.....this is very much like a long haul flight :

Some folk are planning the flight.

Some folk have just got airborne.

Some folk are in the cruise.

Some folk are are preparing to land.

A few of us are on final approach.......who is going to get clearance to land first?

Regards to all,

Jane and Graham.

• Like 2

@JaneandGraham.

Thank you. I will add you. 

I love your reference to where we all are in our "flight".  ☺

Here's to hoping we all have a safe turbulent-free one.?

Good luck and thank you for keeping us updated.

Regards

Elna

Graham, if I read your flight schedule correctly, you should be getting your CO in about 17 days. 

That's when your case will be assessed. (And you medicals should still be valid!) 

Holding thumbs ?

• Like 1

@Dirkz.

I am surprised and happy to see that we can actually upload documents online and not have to courier to PVC. Great news. Thanks.

Name Date Lodged CO Medicals AOS Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014            
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 Feb 2017          
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 April 2017          
Elna57 25 Feb 2015            
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015            
data 9 May 2015            
MomMuerte. 24 Jun 2015            
JTN 10 Jul 2015            
JIG 1 Nov 2015            
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015            
Jarryd13 Jun 2016            
PatPar Nov 2016            
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016            

9 March 2017 Immi processing 22 Sept 2014.              
1 May2017 Immi processing 3 Oct 2014              

• Like 1

I will consult with my software consultant in June re our timetable and return with some solutions on how members can update their own details perhaps without messing things up for others. Will keep you updated. I gathered that by now most of you have figured out that I am technologically impaired somewhat. :lol:

@Elna57 You're doing just great :rolleyes:  many, many thanks!!  To enable editing my name, I copied the timetable into an Excel spreadsheet and came up with the following (for what it's worth ;))

• Like 1

Name

Date Lodged

CO

Medicals

AOS

Police Clear

2nd VAC

Granted

Ashmount

01 Oct 14

25 Jan 17

Colgill

01 Oct 14

JaneandGraham

20 Oct 14

01 Feb 17

Dirkz

06 Nov 14

01 Apr 17

Elna57

25 Feb 15

Marchhawker

25 Mar 15

data

09 May 15

Onthemove

24 Jun 15

JTN

10 Jul 15

JIG

01 Nov 15

Benoni 61

13 Nov 15

Jarryd13

01 Jun 16

PatPar

01 Nov 16

Bdupreez

20 Dec 16

09 Mar 17

Immi processing 22 Sept 2014

01 May 17

Immi processing 03 Oct 2014

Immi processing

Immi processing

• Like 1

Getting very organized here now :)

Just one bit of misleading info on the table. The first column after the Date Lodged is actually when you hear from the PVC Team to commence document preparation which we have received where you have CO as a heading. The PCC, Form 80 and Medicals can be done after this email is received from PVC Team. At his stage you don't have a CO appointed yet. The next email from PVC will be from your CO when your case is assessed. 

So to get a good idea of the timeline of roomies, I'd suggest changing the heading of the spreadsheet slightly. 

Maybe:  Lodged, Acknowledgement, Email from PVC, Medicals, AOS, CO, 2nd VAC, Granted.

The email from PVC Team covers the documents like Form 80 and PCC which you can actually do any time within a year of expecting your assessment to be done by your CO at the end. But you can't do your medicals or AoS without a HAPP number and Reference number which you get in this email from PVC Team. (unless in an exceptional case you can contact them earlier like JaneandGraham did for a HAPP number to do your medicals earlier).

• Like 1

Hi All. Yes I should double check before I post... I actually did change that to Docs and Medicals requested  but when I had a look just now, I noticed that the changes were discarded. I will do another attempt when I have more time.

Thanks a lot Dirk. A lot has changed and will still change and we will have to adapt and pray and ... and.. and accept. lol.

Hi All

Been out of the country. Lots have happened in this last month. 3 sets of our members are in line of getting their CO allocated to them soon - that is fantastic. Congratulations to Ashmount / Jane & Graham and Dirkz - well done  - excitement must be mounting up. I am sure all will go smooth for you all - best wishes and good luck.

Thank you all for the updates / information and advice given - much appreciated.

Take care

JTN  

• Like 1

Hello JTN,

Thank you for the good wishes, however, although I think that I am on short finals, I still have concerns.

We all know the PCC  and Medicals are valid for a year from date of issue but somewhere I read that one has to arrive in Australia within a year of the aforementioned documents being issued.

I would like clarity on this aspect and would appreciate any feedback from the folk on this forum.

Hopefully 'my airplane' is not going to be diverted !

Regards,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic