Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 10/28/2018 at 1:39 AM, MelW said:

We have started our long wait.  Submitted our application for CPV 143 this week, and they acknowledged they got it. Seems like we in for 4 to 5 years wait.

I just submitted my parents' one, at long last.

How long did it take for you to get an acknowledgement letter after submitting the forms? :)

My mom applied April this year and received her acknowledgment after about 2 weeks.

Quite excited to see some of the room mates in this waiting room join us in this thread soon!

http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/49065-landed-parent-support-group/?tab=comments#comment-451306

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 12:30 PM, KevinLee said:

@Viet, any news from your end? have your parents visas been granted yet?

Kev

Hi Kev

No I dont have sufficient documentation yet. Im still waiting for AOS from my cousin end. She is still waiting for the bank guarantee letter from centrelink. Centrelink couldnt tell us why it takes so long and when it would be sent. She submitted beginning of April, interview done, all approved. Not sure why It takes 7 months already just to send a letter. Apparently, It takes longer when the assurer of the AOS is not the sponsor (my AOS application only took 6-7 weeks)

Hello....

Disheartening reply this morning (how to wet one's battery 😫)

"PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2018-19 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged each day, processing time has exceeded 49 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 12 June 2015."

@Onthemove

At least you are in the final stretch of the race! You are just a few weeks away from assessment. 

My heart feels for those applicants who've just applied now. If processing time has exceeded 49 months now, it could still increase in the future. 

When we applied in Nov 2014 (which is just 7 months before you) the waiting time was 18 months. Our visa was only granted 33 months later!

We've been in Aus now for 14 months and in that time the processing time has only moved about 6 to 7 months)

To cheer up all the Roomies in this tread, just be patient because it is all worth it in the end!

And be grateful that you still have a chance to come to Australia on a parental visa without having to have any special skills or work sponsorship.

• Like 1

36 month anniversary since we applied. At the time processing was 22 months. The waiting will be worth it, it is just the unknown time frame which is upsetting.

One does not know when to start final winding up of affairs here, dog inoculations, booking container etc.

@JIG

That is so true. We had to do our Police Clearance a second time because it would have expired before we landed in Aus. 

Remember it has to be valid when you arrive in Australia, not when your visa is granted. Keep that in mind. 

The dog is another problem because some time has to pass after the tests and inoculations and then some of those also expire after some time.

It seems at this stage it's best to wait until your case officer contacts you for the final documents before you do those last steps. At that stage you should be able to communicate with your CO and get an idea of the final processing time. At least that's what happened to us. 

Thanks Dirk. Hope to meet up whennnnnn we get there for a beer at Carrumbin Life Savers club🍺

2 minutes ago, JIG said:

Thanks Dirk. Hope to meet up whennnnnn we get there for a beer at Carrumbin Life Savers club🍺

Ha ha for sure! We go to Currumbin SLC a lot 😊👍

Well looks like I will be in a couple of unfortunate situations - my flatmate has always been aware that I am immigrating with the thought of it being early 2019 so she has been making arrangements of selling her place and moving back to Sweden so at this rate I will be homeless if these delays continue.  In addition my boss has decided to retire at the end of March 2019 also with me immigrating early 2019 so he may not be replaced that will mean that I will need to be re-deployed if that happens. We both thought we would leave at the same time. I was not stressed but now I am. At one stage the processing of  173 was shorter than 143 but now its on par. Just spoke to my daughter and she suggests I apply for the 600 visa if necessary instead of looking for other accommodation. Watch this space.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:15 PM, Dirkz said:

@JIG

That is so true. We had to do our Police Clearance a second time because it would have expired before we landed in Aus. 

Remember it has to be valid when you arrive in Australia, not when your visa is granted. Keep that in mind. 

The dog is another problem because some time has to pass after the tests and inoculations and then some of those also expire after some time.

It seems at this stage it's best to wait until your case officer contacts you for the final documents before you do those last steps. At that stage you should be able to communicate with your CO and get an idea of the final processing time. At least that's what happened to us. 

If we do not live in South Africa anymore how do we apply for a South African Police Clearance certificate again if it has expired?

3 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

If we do not live in South Africa anymore how do we apply for a South African Police Clearance certificate again if it has expired?

Hi Bernadette

You can contact Passports4U at elle@paasports4u.co.za   - they will send you all the information / charges / method of getting your PCC.

Best of luck and good wishes.

1 minute ago, JTN said:

Hi Bernadette

You can contact Passports4U at elle@paasports4u.co.za   - they will send you all the information / charges / method of getting your PCC.

Best of luck and good wishes.

Sorry it is elle@passports4u.co.za

19 hours ago, Maz said:

. Just spoke to my daughter and she suggests I apply for the 600 visa if necessary instead of looking for other accommodation. Watch this space.

If I can wager my opinion, check how long you can stay on the 600 visitors visa in Australia. If you get your 143 visa before that stay expires, you just need to arrange with your Case Officer to leave Australia so they can issue the 143 visa while you're off-shore. You need to leave on the 600 visa to "cancel" it and then re-enter Australia to activate the 143 visa. See that's what @Elna57 did.

Otherwise you can leave and re-enter on the 600 visa for another stay. I think it is a 3 or 6 month's visit at a time. Just check it. And it's normally valid for a few years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JTN said:

Good advice from JNT.

Quote from 143/173 visa requirements regarding PCC:

"For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age."

That includes Australia if you have stayed here for 12 months or more.

10 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

There are a few companies providing this service but legislation now requires that a person has to be OUT of SA when applying. People who are still in SA can not use these services any more. Police clearances Postnet Pretoria and Doc assist are 2 other options which I am aware of. Always good to compare reviews on any company, folks. 

Yeah. As @Dirkz mentioned, we had to leave Aus when we least expected to in order for our visas to be granted but Fiji was absolutely fantastic! And arrangements with Immi team were pretty straight forward. Just emailed them the exact dates and our itinerary and our visas were granted during that time.

Loved it there. The people were so hospitable and we got to meet the Fijian 7's rugby team. Such an honour! Yeah, I am a big rugby fan. 😆

PS... there are quite a number of jobs for which one  may need to apply for SA police clearance again eg. teachers, some hospitality jobs. So keep those companies' details in case you may need that in the future.

Edited by Elna57
Addition.
  • Thanks 1

We have movement, well some. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 20 June 2015.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ike said:

Finally 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Relief 😅 

thanks for the great news ... nice start to the weekend 👏

Have been recording progress at the end of each month for over a year.  

Aug.      25 Nov 14

Sep.      10 Dec 14

Oct.       12 Feb 15

Nov.        5 Mar 15

Dec.      12 Mar 15

Jan.         2 Apr 15

Feb.         9 Apr 15

Mar.      20 Apr 15

Apr.       22 Apr 15

May.     30 Apr 15

Jun.      5 May 15

Jul.       5 May 15

Aug.     25 May 15

Sep.     11 Jun 15

Oct.     12 Jun 15

Nov.    20 Jun 15

On 11/10/2018 at 7:47 AM, Ike said:

Have been recording progress at the end of each month for over a year.  

Aug.      25 Nov 14

Sep.      10 Dec 14

Oct.       12 Feb 15

Nov.        5 Mar 15

Dec.      12 Mar 15

Jan.         2 Apr 15

Feb.         9 Apr 15

Mar.      20 Apr 15

Apr.       22 Apr 15

May.     30 Apr 15

Jun.      5 May 15

Jul.       5 May 15

Aug.     25 May 15

Sep.     11 Jun 15

Oct.     12 Jun 15

Nov.    20 Jun 15

That's so depressing. Moved 7 months In 16... When I started out it was looking like a 2.5-3 year wait, but now looking to be a lot longer than that at this rate.