Processing Of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Rover

Hi Guys,

Thought I would pop in and give you guys some good news. My cousins who applied on 176 family sponsored (Cat 5) received their PR visa yesterday! They applied in June 2008 so it was a very long wait for them!

They are coming to check in during the school holidays and we are so excited.

All the best to those still waiting.

S

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, sasher.

They seem to be moving along, just not at great speed, or there are a huge amount of applications.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much movement again this week guys :unsure: it seriously creates the impression that we are not wanted at all :thumbdown:

Well, we are going nowhere and will wait as long as it takes. At least a certain politician is not likely to create too many waves for a while. :ph34r:

It seems to me a Forum Veteran Group can be brought to life ! We've applied 2 years ago and hubby just turned 40, so we feel also as if our age can start to be a negative factor. If we would wait another 2 years, there will have to be a miracle performed on our behalf...

• Like 1

More like a Forum Fossil Group...we applied on 23 June 2008...so almost 4 years ago.

Edited by qwerty

November 2008. :(

And not one day has gone by that I have not thought/worried/pondered about the visa. We want another baby and can't wait any longer. Nothing we can do really, but just hope for the best and pray!!

May 2008 ... and not getting any younger. Ooh, what would it be like to hear the good news that Priority Group 5 has started ... hang in there, we are a lot closer than this time last year :-)

More like a Forum Fossil Group...we applied on 23 June 2008...so almost 4 years ago.

Yip, know what you mean. Applied in November 2008, now finally getting the opportunity for State Sponsorship.

Oooohhhhh, boy ... that means that we might possibly wait for round about another 2 years ... unless there happens something miraculous !

Mel-B, don't wait to have another baby. Life goes on, whether here or there. If we stop living because we're waiting, we'll end up waisting precious time to live ! Babies anyways keeps your focus on the moment while time flies by in the meantime :)

Edited by Alida

Hi guys, all I can say is don't give up. Ours took 3 1/2 years and I honestly thought that it was never going to happen. Don't stop living your life or putting things off until it happens. I know it's tough but I promise you that when it does happen it comes as a huge shock.

Have a great week end, and try to relax.

I agree, there is really not much you can do so don't stop "living", even though it may be hard. I lived and worked in Oz for 3 years on a 457 and just as I could have applied for PR, my employer pulled a fast one. I went to Holland for 6 months and then back to SA. I was finished, became depressed, my anxiety levels increased and I eventually chose to go on meds. I just wasn't coping. But with some help, I realised that you can't just give up and if you really want something, keep at it. You hear that a million times, but it's true.

I have applied for 4 separate visas and when my final 475 visa started jumping priorities when I had been told it would only take 6 months (but landed up taking almost 3 years), I started focusing on things to make me feel better.

I started painting again. I stopped reading papers and watching Carte Blanche. You may call it hiding your head in the sand but it worked for me.

And suddenly, completely unexpected, I got a call that my visa had been granted. I leave in just over 3 weeks.

My advice. Stay strong and block out the negative and focus on the positive.

Good luck to all of you still waiting. Just believe!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you Moo. We sold our house and bought a bigger place and are just enjoying life as we wait. That was after years of not wanting to make any major purchases because we anticipated the big move.

Well, it looks like there has been a little movement with the latest DIAC update and it seems there is some light at the end of the tunnel. They say they received really high nos of category four applications in May/June 2011 which is why movement has been so slow so hopefully once those are done it could go a lot quicker.

At the end of the day....will we still want to leave when or number comes up?

It may be easy for me to seem blase now and quote things like "good things come to those who wait" etcetera etcetera just because I was FINALLY granted my visa. I think though that sometimes we get lost in selfish thoughts. I know I did. "Why me?" "Why could my twin get in so easily after not even really wanting to go?""Why is this so difficult" The list goes on. But sometimes if you take a teeny step back you might see something from a different angle.

Without getting too philosophical, after my return to SA, my gran was diagnosed with terminal cancer of the colon. It was a slow and painful death. But I was around to nurse her and help her through those trying times (my parents live in Holland). I now see that perhaps that was all part of the bigger plan. And I was a mess. Now I have sorted myself out and presto the visa was granted. Because I am really ready now to appreciate every moment, good and bad, and just be grateful for friends and family.

I've said it before but don't give up. Maybe the wait is the time you need to change a little thing in your life, either for yourself or others. :)

Hi Moo

As as Christian I definately believe everything happens for a reason and works out for the good for those who love God so understand 100 % what you are saying there.

The weird thing is that as much as we have wanted to go an even bigger part of me has become very comfortable here now and is even very reluctant to go. However, let's

see what happens when we finally start seeing our visa applications processed. This is my second app first one was a pre-2007 so really in this for the long haul.

All of the best - have you made the move yet? And when did you get the grant and what visa?

Hi Moo

As as Christian I definately believe everything happens for a reason and works out for the good for those who love God so understand 100 % what you are saying there.

The weird thing is that as much as we have wanted to go an even bigger part of me has become very comfortable here now and is even very reluctant to go. However, let's

see what happens when we finally start seeing our visa applications processed. This is my second app first one was a pre-2007 so really in this for the long haul.

All of the best - have you made the move yet? And when did you get the grant and what visa?

In such a state this morning, just received notice that our Vic State Sponsorship have been declined. I don't know why...just the standard email. Sounds there are higher demand candidates even though we meet all the criteria.

We wanted to convert from FS 176 after a 2.5 year wait to state sponsored. I thought it would merely be a procedure and we more than fit the criteria with family living there and everything.

I am so close to giving up now. I am fed up with postponing my life. I don't have words.

AV&RM

Hi Moo

Hi Celeste

I leave for Aus on 5 March so not long to go now. I applied for the 475 State Sponsorship (South Australia) visa which was the only way I could get in. I have to live in South Australia for 2 years and work for one after which I can apply for Permanent residency.

But after all this time, 2 years will seem like nothing in the big scheme of things.

Now just to find a job and place to live! :blink:

Am so sorry to hear this AV&RM.

I can sympathise with your experience 100%. After 3 years of sitting in the abyss that is the FS 176, we also applied for VIC SS 5 weeks ago.

We're still waiting for a response although I have heard that VIC are very strict and I have given up hope all together that we'll ever get there. Sending a big hug because I know I'd need one if (probably "WHEN") we receive the same response.

Good Luck sp4rkman, hope it works for you. We applied not to long ago - hopefully some good news for you.

Hold thumbs.

AV&Rm

Thanks very much. How long did it take to hear your decision?

They e-mailed us asking a bunch of questions 2 days after application which we responded to but now we haven't heard anything. They wanted to know why we were applying for a different state to where our family lives. The fact that they questioned it already doesn't fill be with optimism.

Can I ask what skill you applied under? Sorry, I'm just trying to guage our situation. It's not often you find somebody in the identical situation to yourself.

I received no extra questions. Thought our application was watertight. I applied as hotel manager (Diploma - Green list). Family living in Melbourne - own their house...etc. we also stated substantial funds for settlement Applied 20th Jan 2012.

Wow. Your case sounded perfect! I cannot believe they rejected it?!

Ours is nowhere near as watertight as yours so I'm guessing we have no hope. We applied 18th Jan so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

As you say, we're SO tired of living our life in "limbo" waiting and waiting for somebody to make a decision on our behalf which will affect our lives. Man, I hate it.

Good luck with any future endeavours, whatever you may choose now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Moo, just reading this forum and note that today is your BIG MOVE day. All of the best. Hope you have a safe and as pleasant as possible flight. Please keep us updated on your life in South Australia.