Durban Coffee Club

Razor

Hi

I am new and was wondering when will the next meeting be as I would like to chat about the whole process with poeple in the same boat as I am.

Regards

Hi Razor

welcome to the site.

What happened to all the durban based forumites? I know some of us have already left these shores but others have gone very quiet? We had just three families at the last coffee club but it was great chatting none the less. Please someone suggest a date for the next gathering. May i suggest botanic gardens again as it is a great venue for the kids if it is not raining.

Hi Razor

welcome to the site.

What happened to all the durban based forumites? I know some of us have already left these shores but others have gone very quiet? We had just three families at the last coffee club but it was great chatting none the less. Please someone suggest a date for the next gathering. May i suggest botanic gardens again as it is a great venue for the kids if it is not raining.

Morning Celeste

Thanks

Botanical gardens is fine with me. No kids yet but our first is on the way. May I suggest February 3rd...

Regards

Hi all,

My hubbie and I could not make the last one but would love meet at the next one. I also have a 2 year old so anything child friendly is great !!!

Pls let me know

xxx

Hi Razor

welcome i am also fairly new, couple of months now you will find alot great people and inlimited rescourses from many people who have walked or walking this path.

I missed the last "coffee" meeting but am certainly keen for Feb 3 @ botanic gardens so i we can lets try and finalise a date so we can diarize it, new year and very busy.

well good luck with all and im sure we will meet at the next meeting

cheers Jonathan :ilikeit:

Come now guys, a few of us leave and the coffee club comes to a stand still. It is the best place to meet and talk about what you are going through, we met a wonderful bunch of people through the Durban coffee club.

Cheers

Camper

Hi Razor

Unfortunately we have something on until 2.30pm on that sunday but we can meet up with everyone after our earlier appointment so please feel free to suggest a time and we'll just arrive later. The afternoon is better as we have church in the morning.

Camper: Great to see you rustling the people together albeit from across the ocean - and that was great news on your job offer! Please give my best regards to your family.

Flockie and Romar: Someone left a pair of girls slops (pink and blue with butterflies) at my place on saturday. I thought they belonged to Romar's little girl and sent a text msg but no reply. Do they belong with your family perhaps flockie?

cheers

C

Edited by celeste

Hey...

Then that settles it...Sunday the 3rd of Feb at 1pm at the Botanical gardens. We can sit at the same place the group were seated last time round, now can somebody explain where that is :ilikeit: .

See you all there I guess...

Regards

Hi all

February 3rd, at Botanic Gardens is fine with us. We cant make it at 1.00 , but will be there a little later, maybe 2.30pm.

Celeste: No, we did not leave any flops behind. Must be Romar's.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 3rd.

Razor : The Durban Botanic Gardens is situated opposite the GREYVILLE RACECOURSE. This is where the Durban July is always held.

Centenary Road runs between the Racecourse and the Gardens. If you need to get your bearings, check out http://maps.yellowpages.co.za. Search, Centenary Road, Greyville, KZN. This will help.

Great, Im excited to have a bigger group of people attending. :):ilikeit:

Cheers Flockie

Razor : The Durban Botanic Gardens is situated opposite the GREYVILLE RACECOURSE. This is where the Durban July is always held.

Thanks Flockie...

But I am more interested in where at the Botanical gardens do you guys sit. I'm also very excited to be able to share our experiences with people in the same boat. I have also found this site to be very helpfull.

Regards

Hi

I am also new to this. Can I also join in please. Where do you actually meet - it's a big place.

Sheila

Hi Razor

welcome to the site.

Thanks that sounds great, I have applied for a parent visa and will be appointed a counsellor shortly.

Would be great to chat to other wannabees. What time will it be? Not sure as using site for first time whether this comment will register. Anyway here goes will try and wait and see.

WAM.

Hi everyone

We are also new and would love to meet up with everyone. Sunday 3rd of Feb is perfect. Please will someone just confirm whereabouts at Botanical Gardens we are meeting up.

Thanks!

Kim & Brett

Hey...

Sheila you are most welcome.

I suggest we meet at the entrance between 1 and 1:30 and the guys joining later can meet us inside.

Good to see such a positive responce :blink:

Regards

Hi Razor

may I suggest that we meet in front of the orchid house near the Koi pond? The gardens are pretty big and i think it would be a mission to traipse around looking for people that we haven't met stopping to ask groups if they are from the forum. What do you think?

cheers

L

Hey Celeste

That's a great idea - know how we felt the last time looking for you guys! Really hope that it's going to be a lovely day so that all the kids can play.

RoMar

Hi Guys,

We have been very quiet as we organises a weeidng and got married in November 2007. We are still keen to go over to Oz but hubby needs to do his TRA, dont know if we will come to coffee club coz there is little point, we havent got any further with our application...

Candice

Congratulations Candi and Mau...

I am married two years now with the first baby about to pop out anytime now. I live in Austerville near Brighten Beach and have visited New Zealand, but since all my family are now in Aussie hence the move. It is an absolutely wonderful place and I suggest you guys don't give up just yet...if you are keen make that move.

Regards

Hi Guys,

We have been very quiet as we organises a weeidng and got married in November 2007. We are still keen to go over to Oz but hubby needs to do his TRA, dont know if we will come to coffee club coz there is little point, we havent got any further with our application...

Candice

Hi Candi & Mau

Congratulations, married life is wonderfully exciting ;). I disagree that there is no point to you coming to the coffee club. We are still in the information gathering phase and havent done our assessments or IELTS as yet. I attended the first CC for this year and it was so much fun. Heres why:

1. I got to hang with similar minded people and chat about "Australian Dreams"

2. I bounced off a few ides about the way we were approaching the application and was offered an alternative.

3. I was given sincere advice.

4. At the end I left motivated and more geared to pursue this dream of mine.

5. Its amazing how complete strangers can offer so much support.

To the rest of the Durbanites: See you all on the 3rd. :(:):)

Cheers Flockie

I will speak to hubby and see if we can make it!!

Candice

Firstly congrats on your big day :ilikeit::ilikeit: , glad to see you are still thinking about leaving.

Don't stop get on with your application, start appling for jobs and get out of there.

Cheers

Camper and Family