Funny things your pet does

Retha_hhr

I was just wondering if you guys have pictures of funny or silly things your pet does. It doesn't matter what kind of pet you have: dog, cat, parrot, etc.

We have 2 cats and boy can they sleep sometimes in the most interesting positions. Here is a picture I took today from our one cat. She just loves to use us for a pillow to rest her head against. Today she decided to use my husband's leg as a footstool.

Enjoy

Retha

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mara

• slingshot

• Retha_hhr

• Antoinette

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aaahhhh - heaven!

Next life I want to be a cat!

Greetings,

Dreamy

That is so cute! Cats are really funny sometimes. :lol:

A few years ago we were staying on a smallholding in RSA and one of the local farmers gave my daughter a little lamb so that she could raise it. This poor thing had such an identity crisis and used to think it was a dog. It would follow our dog around everywhere, eat dog food, sleep in the dog's kennel, chase the cats, run up to the fence when the dog went up to bark at people walking past. It couldn't bark otherwise I'm sure it would have. :thumbdown: When people would come and visit our dog would go over and mark his territory on their wheels, as dogs do, and the sheep would also go over, sniff the wheel and then have a pee on the ground (couldn't lift its leg up...). It was so funny. :)

Ons het n familie geskiedenis met weird honde...maar die weirdste is die Boerewors ( dink sy naam was portos)

My boet se Boerewors (boerboel-worshond kruising). Nou dit is die snaakste dier wat ek in my lewe gesien het. hy het n boerboel kop, boerboel borskas, worshond bene en worshond lengte.... hy lyk soos daai slinky spring speelgoed as hy om die draai kom. daar is geen einde nie! Maar die beste storie van die hond is toe hy puppy was. Sy kop was letterlik te groot vir sy lyf. Hy sal soos n besetene rondhol en dan skielik raak sy kop net te swaar. dan gaan staan hy steeds met al 4 voete op die grond, bene reguit, maar gaan rus sy kop sywaarts op die grond. dan kry hy weer energie begin hardloop en sleep die kop agterna tot hy krag het om kop ook op te lig.

Dit was altyd vir my skreeu snaaks om hom dop te hou!

Baie braaf om 'n post te begin waar mense oor hul troeteldiere praat. Kan sentimenteel wees.

Ek is so trots op my hond (half boerboel nogal) wat so goed met my kinders is.

Edited by Antoinette

A little saying that In saw once stated the following:

"Dogs have owners and Cats have slaves!"

I believe this as I am slave to 2 cats.

Cheers,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Funny things your pet does:

:whome:

Have you seen the latest avitar of Mara?

I wondered what havoc caused the sleeping old avitar to wake up?

I think it has a cute hair style, don't you?

As ek en my vrou buite op die stoep sit, kyk die hond rond om seker te maak ons sien hom nie, en dan spring hy op die koffietafel en help homself aan my glas water, koekies of watookal. En dan hardloop hy slaapkamer toe om my vrou se kouse en onderklere uit die wasmandjie te steel, sleep dit in sy hok in en kou dit vlenters. En die bogger is minder as 8 pond!

img0782-4832fgn4i.jpg

Edited by hagar

You know what my husband's favorite song is? "Oh Lord it is hard to be humble"

I must say if the cat in the first magent could sing, that would have been the song :huh:

Pets are one of the most interesting topics to talk about. Thanks for sharing.

A dog thinks "these humans are so nice to me, they must be gods". A cat thinks, "those humans are so nice to me, I must be a god"!

Excerpts from a Dog’s Diary

* 8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

* 9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

* 9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

* 10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

* 12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

* 1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

* 3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

* 5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

* 7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

* 8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

* 11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow –but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now . .

Funny things your pet does:

:unsure:

Have you seen the latest avitar of Mara?

I wondered what havoc caused the sleeping old avitar to wake up?

I think it has a cute hair style, don't you?

"avator of Mara" means "incarnation of bitterness". I can only asume that my son is the incarnation and I am the bitterness and that is why he is referred to as "it". This attack is unprecedented and unwarrented. Retha, sorry to hijack your thread but I had to clarify slingshot's cryptic post. I will ask the moderators to remove my earlier post. I made a mistake posting pictures which included my child. I should have been more responsible. Slingshot, if you have something against me, at least have the balls (or the ovaries) to attack me and not my child.

Shalom

Antoinette

Edited by Antoinette

Hi Antoinette

Sorry if I am going to stick my neck out here, but I actually think that Slingshot was referring to my latest avitar, I just changed it a couple of weeks ago....I do think that the new one with the blue sunglasses is real cool.

I really do not think it had anything to do with your post.

Hi Mara

Thanks for clearing that up. I am technologicly challenged and do not know what an aviter is. I looked it up in my dictionary but it is not even in there so I googled it and google came up with avater. So I googled Mara and it came up with bitterness and the only "hairstyle" in the thread was my son's. I have egg on my face but have never been so relieved. I still do not have a "cookin-clue" what you and slingshot are talking about. Slingshot, my apologies. What is an aviter? It's that personalised picture under you name! Boy, did I get it wrong. OK, time to disappear. :ilikeit:

Antoinette,

When I read your quote I thought what the @%^@$&&?, this person is really barking up the wrong tree. Well looking at my warning %, I was hoping that Mara will come down that tree to give my nine lives back again! Thanks Mara!

I am glad you are at ease now and your apologies are accepted. After all, we are living in South Africa where stress levels are running high.

Yes, the avitar is your personalised picture under your name, and the PM does not stand for "post mortem" as I found out!

<_<

Hi Antoinette

No problem, we all have to learn as we go along. Now you know that an avatar is the little picture that some of us have under our name (handle). You see I used to have a picture of a pussycat that was resting his head on his paws and fast asleep, now I am bright eyed and bushy tailed with a pair of sunglasses to brag about!

Eish Slingshot

Saved by the bell.....glad I cleared that all up..... and reset the friendliness meter.....so glad you like my new picture, I thought it was just the thing....makes me feel younger.....

A dog thinks "these humans are so nice to me, they must be gods". A cat thinks, "those humans are so nice to me, I must be a god"!

Excerpts from a Dog’s Diary

* 8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

* 9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

* 9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

* 10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

* 12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

* 1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

* 3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

* 5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

* 7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

* 8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

* 11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow –but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now . .

Thanks for this hagar! I was having such a bad day until I read this!

Now I am smiling again. Might even do some work :)

Antoinette,

When I read your quote I thought what the @%^@$&&?, this person is really barking up the wrong tree. Well looking at my warning %, I was hoping that Mara will come down that tree to give my nine lives back again! Thanks Mara!

I am glad you are at ease now and your apologies are accepted. After all, we are living in South Africa where stress levels are running high.

Yes, the avitar is your personalised picture under your name, and the PM does not stand for "post mortem" as I found out!

:huh:

The ocean cannot wash my embarresment away! Stresslevels that's true. People's sanity are balanced on a knife edge. Was preparing for my son's 4th birthday party and did not know if I would be able to finish all the baking as you never know when the next "loadshedding" is going to occur. Praying for my husbands safety on his way back from work 9 o'clock at night. Was afraid of being hijacked while I was offloading the car at the venue. Keep having to look up and down the road for "suspicious" characters. And people average speeds of 70km/h past the school (of 3 - 6 year olds) where the party was held. All the while my thoughts are going out to the children who have had guns held to their heads and watched their fathers pistolwhipped. There are some in my son's playgroup. Having to lock all the door's on a hot summer's night. To much! This country is to much with us. I am off the topic.

Edited by Antoinette

Hi All,

Eish, that was an interesting situation. I was on the edge of my seat! :ilikeit:

I submit two pictures of our kitty as proof that cats aren't always aloof. For those of you who don't speak cat, here is the translation:

:) and then :ilikeit:

André s.

Meet Gizmo (my kitty)

Ya, she sits on top of her scratching post and she actually sleeps in the sink!!! :ilikeit:

(AndreS - me thinks my kitty is related to yours :ilikeit: )

giz3.jpg

giz1.jpg

Well seeing that you have all shown your beautiful pets, here are mine too....both are of the Balinese family (long haired Siamese) Babski, the boy, is a chocolate point and Lucy, the girl, is a blue point. Pussycats rule :):ilikeit: