DURBAN COFFEE CLUB DATE FOR NOVEMBER

Shelagh

Hi,

I've recently joined this forum but you can count me in (for either day although the 5th would probably be better).

Look forward to meeting a whole bunch of like minded people!

Hey Celeste

Looks like you've made a success of the coffee club get-together. Thanks for the invite - you can count Roland and I in (with our 2 kiddies). I'm sure it's going to be great.

Chat soon

Marcia

Great guys we look forward to meeting you all then as it seems there are quite a number of new forumites in durban. We had a record of over 15 couples attending one of the coffee clubs earlier this year!

Thanks for the good wishes Camper - do I detect a hint of nostalgia? :ilikeit: I doubt it now that you are on the other side...the waiting game can be rather frustrating as we have discovered.

Hope all is well with you and that you are settling in happily.

[hi everyone

botanic gardens sounds great, could we make it for a bit earlier, maybe two??? how about we just pick a saturday and see who can make it.....how bout the second saturday to start with???

lyall

Hi Lyall

You are more than welcome to join us.

We have set a date for Jan 5 as Noddy who will be out from Aus won't be able to make the second week in Jan. I don't mind making it for 2pm rather than2.30pm what does everyone else think? Perhaps those who want to arrive early can just do so?

Hi all,

Cailin (my son) and I will definitely be there although I'm not terribly familiar with the Botanical Gardens.

Is it possible for someone to PM me their cell number in case I get lost? I promise not to become a stalker (although I'm sure that all stalkers would say that anyway).

We're closing on Friday and will only be open on the 7th so any changes to the time, date, etc. will also have to be communicated via sms (I will exchange numbers with whoever PM's me).

Hi all,

Cailin (my son) and I will definitely be there although I'm not terribly familiar with the Botanical Gardens.

Is it possible for someone to PM me their cell number in case I get lost? I promise not to become a stalker (although I'm sure that all stalkers would say that anyway).

We're closing on Friday and will only be open on the 7th so any changes to the time, date, etc. will also have to be communicated via sms (I will exchange numbers with whoever PM's me).

Hi Cas

I have PM'd you my contact no and some directions.

Cheers Flockie

Hi all

Speaking of directions - are we all going to meet at one central point? Could someone also just let me know exactly where about in the gardens!! By the way 2:00 p.m. sounds fine too.

Thanks a stack.

Marcia

Hi all

The Durban Botanic Gardens is situated opposite the GREYVILLE RACECOURSE. This is where the Durban July is always held.

Centenary Road runs between the Racecourse and the Gardens. If you need to get your bearings, check out http://maps.yellowpages.co.za. Search, Centenary Road, Greyville, KZN. This will help.

Yes, we would all have to be at central spot, maybe in front of the Orchard house / Koi pond. This is close to the entrance, not to close to the big pond, where the ducks are, I dont want to have to spend the entire afternoon running after my 20 monnth old who will be attracted to the water and the ducks. I am sure other moms & dads wont want to either. 2.00pm it is then.

No braai'ing allowed. You can bring , chairs, blankets, grass mats, picnic baskets, small bikes(tricycles) and scooters for little ones. No ball games allowed.

Lets all pray that it does not rain that weekend.

Cheers

I forgot to add, You can bring your dogs too.

Flockie

Edited by FLockie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, just want to confirm that the coffee club is still on for this Sat at 2.30

Looking foward to meeting you all. :ilikeit:

Malinda

Hi Malinda...shew thanks for reminding us all with the holidays (we have been away a while) I almost forgot that it was this weekend. Some people want to arrive earlier at 2pm (see earlier posts in this thread) so we shall see you about then in front of the orchid house and near the Koi pond this Saturday at between 2pm and 2.30pm!

Happy New Year to all you forumites - let's hope that 2008 is a great one.

Oh man guys!!!! Have you seen the weather outside???? I really hope it's not going to rain tomorrow otherwise what are we going to do!!!! I haven't been online too much lately because we've moved out of our house and are "squatting" at my aunt's place - don't like to ask if I can use the computer too often. If you like, someone can contact me on my cell - 082 336 9726.

Thanks a stack and hopefully the weather clears before tomorrow afternoon.

See ya all there!!!

Marcia

Hi everyone

May I suggest that we continue as planned to meet at botanical gardens? The weather looks like it is clearing up now although the grass will be wet so bring chairs! And don't forget the little black bikes for the kids.

If it does end up pouring down closer to 2pm we can meet at my place in Glenwood.

cheers

see you later

Celeste

Hi all

Good idea, Once we are at the gardens we can always make a plan. I am still keen on meeting everyone.

Cas, sms'd me, she wont be attending as her son is sick with measles or german measles.

Later. Bye.

Flockie

Great Flockie

See you at the gardens at 2pm...looks at this rate with the rain we will be heading to my place but that's no problem. We can stick a Noddy or rupert dvd on for the kids as a last resort.

Sorry I wasn't able to join you guys. Hope everyone had a good time and I hope we can do it again soon...

The measles/german measles is now not measles/german measles but I will have a better idea of what it is later today after visiting and paying (gulp!) a paed.

Happy New Year to all you forumites - let's hope that 2008 is a great one.

Oh man guys!!!! Have you seen the weather outside???? I really hope it's not going to rain tomorrow otherwise what are we going to do!!!! I haven't been online too much lately because we've moved out of our house and are "squatting" at my aunt's place - don't like to ask if I can use the computer too often. If you like, someone can contact me on my cell.

Thanks a stack and hopefully the weather clears before tomorrow afternoon.

See ya all there!!!

Marcia

Hi there,

Hope the coffee club was great.

Sorry we couldn't make it, (3 kids in the rain, not a good idea) :) but would love to hear how it went. :)

Let us know.

Thank you

Malinda

Hi Everybody

Really am sorry that we could not make it, i have just recently changed jobs so did not have much time off ovee the festive season. I also had unexpected family rock up to stay so i do send my apologies for not being there.

Now that normality has returned would like to see when the next get together is, hopefully the weather plays the game this time. would like to know how it went from those who did go.

hope you are doing well in 2008

cheers

Jonathan

We met at the gardens in the drizzle and then went back to my place for an afternoon of tea and loads of chatting. it was just three families but it's amazing how we never run out of conversation at these meetings.

May i suggest bot gardens again for next time if someone else would like to set a date in about six weeks time.

Hi

Celeste was extremely kind to offer her place as an alternate venue for us to meet. The afternoon flew by with us chatting and the kids playing. I left feeling extremely relaxed and motivated to continue with our Australia plans. It was a lovely afternoon. :ilikeit:

Another coffee club soon is a must! You can count me in. :ilikeit:

Cheers Flockie

Hi Celeste and Flockie

My apologies for not being in contact - but as I explained, we're "in transit" so haven't really had e-mail/internet connection - but I'm back at work now, hence this post.

Yes, thanks to Celeste for her kind hospitality. Hubby, myself and the kids really enjoyed ourselves and must say, the company was great - loads to talk about.

Hopefully we'll all meet again in a couple of weeks to see how everybody is going.

Chat soon

Marcia

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Dbn Coffee clubbers

I think it would be great to have a get together for Durbanites.

Hubby, kids & I are good for any one of those saturdays in Jan. If I could suggest a venue.

The Botanic Gardens, Opp Greyville Racecourse, We could all just bring picnic baskets and theres lots of room for the kids to run around. :) Maybe from about 2.30pm. Dont want to make it too late. Durban has had some unpredictable weather, tends to change in the afternoons.

If anyone has another venue in mind, lets hear.

Regards

FLockie :D:)

There is already a Durban meeting at Botanic Gardens on 3rd Feb. I'm going to paste in this link to the discussion just hope it works.... http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9202&st=15 ... otherwise look it up in the coffee club section of this site.

Cheers, Tanya