Melbourne: Day Out, Sunday 4th November 2007

Mara

Hi Jacqui

Thanks for the assistance, much appreciated. Mostly summer in Melbourne falls on Melbourne Cup day, but not always. I have known it to happen on Christmas Day as well....hehe!

I have no idea how many will be attending, last day out we must have had about 30 to 40 familes there, I guess.

It is always a good day, so yes, we look forward to it as well!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mara

• catz

• Michelle M

• HansaPlease

Guest Chris Rimmer
Phew.....this is had work, this message dropped to page 3, so I had to write something to keep it at the top of the posts....sorry....!

Come on Samantha! Keep this topic on the front page. Are you coming or not? Don't worry no one's going to laugh at your newe Engelse accent!

Would have really have liked to make it, but there is no way our visa will come through in time.

Hope you guys have a ball!

Hi NikkiH

Would have been lovely to have you here!

As always, we will be there. A whole bigger me with 16 days to my cesear date, hubby must take over for the day.

Great, hope we have good weather on the day!

Hi Mara

This sounds great !

I will speak to my wife and hope we not doing anything else on this day.

I am sure we should be there :whome:

Cheers

Neel&Jo

Hi Neel & Jo

Excellent, hope to see you there!

Hi Mara,

Spoke to my wife, we will be there on the 4th of November

Cheers

Hi Neel & Jo, fantastic, the numbers are certainly growing. Looks like I won't be spending the day on my own, after all!!!

Hi Nog Een

Het spesiaal goeie weer bestel....hoop dit is daar!

Hi Mara,

Ons is 5 (met kiddies) en ons bring nog 4 volwassens saam en ek het vir nog 5 ander SA families vertel maar weet nie of hulle defnitief kom nie. Sal nader aan die tyd seker weet.

Net uit interessantheids onthalwe...het jy dalk 'n idee van hoeveel mense kom? Ek is sommer net nuuskierig.

Groete

Michelle

Hi Michelle

No, unfortunately I have no idea, as there are no bookings to be made or anything, anybody and everybody just turns up!

I am impressed with the numbers you are bringing along....good going!

Had to post a message to keep this subject current.....just want to make sure all those in Melbourne see it, print it, keep it, and come to it!

Hi Mara,

Ons land die 23e Oktober :ilikeit: so sal graag die braai bywoon (5 van ons)! Sien uit om almal te ontmoet wie ons nou al "ken" op die forum!

Groete,

Reinhardt & Christa

Hi Reinhardt & Christa

Excellent, I love it when a plan comes together. We look forward to meeting you all!

Regards

Mara

Hi Mara,

Unfortunately won't be able to make it on the 4th, but if things change I'll give you guys a shout...

Hi HansaPlease

That is not fair, you owe it to us, you promised, you are nasty, blah, blah, blah.......

I trust you get the gist?

Hehe, LOL

Hope you can make it afterall!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mara,

What are the final arrangements? Picnic, braai? What time? Is it still at Albert Park?

We are looking forward to meeting everybody.

Love

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Nothing has changed, it is still just as per the first message in this thread. So perhaps just go and read it again and refresh your memory. The choice is yours whether you braai or picnic, it is each individual for himself, not a community thing!

We look forward to meeting you as well!

Regards

Mara

Had to post a message to keep this subject current.....just want to make sure all those in Melbourne see it, print it, keep it, and come to it! It seems you will have to bring umbrellas!

The weather forecasts say there could be cloud, perhaps with a bit of rain. The temperature looks to be around 18 degrees, so please, bring your warm clothes with.

We are tough, we can take it, we look forward to seeing you all there.

This is my last post update......Sunday is around the corner.

Guest Chris Rimmer
Hi Michelle

Nothing has changed, it is still just as per the first message in this thread. So perhaps just go and read it again and refresh your memory. The choice is yours whether you braai or picnic, it is each individual for himself, not a community thing!

We look forward to meeting you as well!

Regards

Mara

Ha ha! Oh Mara - you are a hard woman!

Phew, my most humble apologies Michelle if I came across too strong, that was not my intent, I just did not want to repost the message again.

Thanks Chris for the rap over the knuckles, I am sometimes tired, after a hard days work, but I have no excuse and there is no need for me to be hard, if that is how it came across.

I really look forward to seeing you all there on Sunday, just hope that the weather is kind to us.

Well what shitty weather we ended up with, but we are very thankful for the rain, especially when you live in a drought area.

Those that decided to brave the weather ended up at the pub (which has changed it's name to Lago!) and there must have been between 40 and 50 of us. A good time was had by all, new friends made, info exchanged, beer consumed and lots of food.....sorry you guys were turned off by the weather.....better luck next time!

Thank you for all of you that made the effort to still turn up...you made the day!