Melbourne: Day Out, Sunday 4th November 2007

Mara

Date and details below. This is exactly the same venue as the previous two outings....central and easy to find.

Sunday 4th November 2007

11h00, Albert Park Braai, Melways map 2K G5

Use the Clarendon Street entrance, once through the park gates, turn left, you will find us between Aquatic Drive and Lakeside, on the right. Look for the BBQ area, an old SA flag (only because it is the only one that I have) will be draped across the back of a chair.

Map Albert Park

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&q...017217,0.042486

You need to bring something to sit on, and of course, you have to supply your own eats and drinks. There is a BBQ for those that wish to braai, or if you prefer bring a picnic lunch.

If the weather turns miserable on that day (it is, after all, Melbourne) then we will move to the

Keg & Swan Pub, Melways map 2L A10. It does not appear to clear on the map, take Beatrice street to turn into the park and then it is on your right.

Map Beatrice St., Melbourne

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&q...om=1&iwloc=addr

We look forward to seeing you all there.

If you have any questions you can contact Mara on 0403 011 855

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mara

• catz

• Michelle M

• HansaPlease

Hi Mara, it looks like we will be landing the first week in October. Maybe we can have another braai in October? As u said, the weather is better in October. See u soon.

Hi Mara,

October will be good for us as well. September still a bit of a madhouse at work. Let us know if you arrange an October date.

WoO

aggenee.... ek is alweer dan net terug in Tvl...ek is vir twee weke in Melbourne van die 9de Sept af... :ilikeit:

I am thinking of arranging another braai/picnic on Sunday 23rd September....please indicate here if that date would clash with your rugby games!

It would also be nice to know if you intend attending.....would be dreadful if I was the only one that turned up....LOL!

Hi Mara

Sorry i only get to reply now, things tend to go a bit haywire with the baby!! 23 Sept sounds good, but if more people will be able to make it in Oct, then thats good too!!

Cheers

C

Hi Mara, looks like it will only be the 4 of us. We can discus salads and the rest closer to the time.

Edited by Langes

Hi Mara

We would love to be there again. The only problem might be that the final of the Rugby World Cup is televised live at 04:00am on Sunday - don't know if people will be too tired to attend. What about the next Sunday, the 28th?

Stephanie

Hi Steph

Thank goodness, a voice from the wilderness! This was what I was looking for, as we are not sport watchers, I had hoped that somebody would react!

Unfortunately we are not available on the 28th, so I have moved it to the 4th November, hope that suits everybody.

Thank you.

Hi Mara

Sunday the 4th of November is fine with us - I will "advertise" the day amongst the rugby supporters!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Stephanie

Hi Mara

I would like to come but I dont know if my visa will be granted by then. I will let you know a bit closer to the time. Thank you for arranging this.

Hi NikkiH, we will hold thumbs for you....would be nice to see you there!

Hi Mara

4th November sounds good to me, I will discuss it with my hubby but I'm sure it won't be a problem. I will ask all my other SA friends and let you know closer to the time.

I'm looking forward to it.

Love

Michelle

Hello................................... wonder why it echo's? Seems there is nobody from Melbourne out there!

Hello................................... wonder why it echo's? Seems there is nobody from Melbourne out there!

Lol i am here... i am just not "here"..... will definitely be there!!!

Eish, report in paper "somebody" is found in Melbourne....LOL....thank's for speaking up Catz!

Eish, report in paper "somebody" is found in Melbourne....LOL....thank's for speaking up Catz!

Lol sorry Mara, i read all the threads when im awake in the middle of the night feeding babs, but then i dont always have a hand to reply!!!

Hello Mara,

We'll be there too. And I know many of our friends will come as well. They're not all reading the forum regularly, but they're keen on a get together.

I've seen with the rugby gatherings that people dont always respond, but they show up in their numbers.

Relax, it's gonna be lekker.

Cheers

Hi Mara,

Another voice from the wilderness! Hubby and I would love to meet up with the Saffers too. Count us in

Jacqui from Mooroolbark (just love the name!)

Guest Chris Rimmer
Had to post a message to keep this subject current.....just want to make sure all those in Melbourne see it, print it, keep it, and come to it!

Mara - do you think there would be people out there who would be keen to form some sort of official association or similar for S.A. expats in Melbourne?

Hi Chris

When we first arrived in 1997 there used to be, I do not know if they still exist, but they only used to meet once a year for a picnic.

We started another, we used to meet the first Sunday of every month, and we used to take turns in hosting the meetings. As a host you got to choose where the day would be. Helped us all to see a lot of Melbourne, even as far as Torquay! We did this for the best part of five years, before health problems forced me to abdicate. It seems that it was just too much trouble for the organisers that followed to keep it up and a year later it was no more. At the time I handed it over there were 97 families on our list!

I always thought that it was a lovely way for new arrivals to get to meet others, and we used to have great get togethers.

I had a list of email addresses and whoever made the arrangements that month, would give the address to me and I would send out the messages.

You are welcome to start something, I am passed my use by date for such a task!

Hey Catz, thanks for your faith in me !!!!!

Hi Mara,

This post to help keep this one alive and kicking! Any idea of how many Saffermelburnites may be attending. I'm so looking forward to the warm weather and some possibility of a bit of sunshine. By the way, what day is summer in Melbourne? :rolleyes:

See you at the get together!

Jacqui