Perth expat coffee club?

Trevor & Hayley

Hi Michele

I'm busy packing right now - what a job! :) The suburbs I have in mind to live in are Carine, Duncraig, Doubleview, Scarborough, Karrinyup, maybe Innaloo - that area - any advice on any of those areas? My husband will be working in Ardross, which is south of the river, but we prefer to live nearer the beach. I know a family who has children at Carine Primary School and they say it's a great school. When we arrive we will be staying at Hillarys Harbour Resort for a month while we look around.

Mary

I'm busy packing right now - what a job! :ilikeit:

Hi Mary

Am doing the same thing! Our move starts on 5th November and I fly over on the 13th. I'll be staying in Rossmoyne (south) but would love to finally meet up with some fellow forumites once I'm in Perth.

Cindy

Hi Maggie

We'll definately be there.

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I was on the forum I even forgot my username! I am willing to have the SA coffee morning at my house this week if anyone is interested. We live in Ellenbrook so it may be a distance for some to travel. PM me for my address, some of you have already been so you know where I live! Feel free to bring a plate of goodies if you like. And obviously all kiddies welcome! My house is not the biggest (or tidiest) so I really need to know numbers, thanks, Maggie. I'm thinking of either Tuesday (9 Oct) or Wednesday (10 Oct). Whatever suits.

Just a confirmation really. SA coffee morning at my house - if you don't know where we are in Ellenbrook, just PM me and I shall forward my details to you (address and phone numbers). Tuesday 9th October 9:30 to 11:30 ish or whenever everyone decides to leave! Bring a plate of eats and we'll have a good chat and hopefully be celebrating with the BOKS if they win tonight's game! See you soon, Maggie.

Hi Maggie!

I havent been online in a few days and missed the coffee morning. Im so sorry! Ihave been starting my little one in Day Care one day per week and have been staying with him to try settle him in. How often do you meet up. I would love to make the next one?

Hi Mary!

I Havent been online for a while but I hope your packing is all going to plan. We still look at pictures we took of our container with awe and remember every detail of the last exciting days in SA. Hope all your last minute details go smoothly.

Thanks Michelle - it's going slowly but OK! Container arrives on 5th November.

Look forward to meeting up when we get to Perth!

Mary

Hi All

I would love to meet up with some of you in the near future, i have a little boy who is 13months and work 3 days a week, so my free days would be either a Wednesday or Friday if anyone plans anything for those days, we live in Joondalup in the North, really great suburb and near the sea!!!

Cheers

Audrey

Hi Audrey and Michelle,

We had the coffee morning on Tuesday 9th October - wish you had come as there was only four of us but it was still good catching up!!! The next one will probably be in the first week of November - usually in Ellenbrook - depending on who is hosting it. Will send a message closer to the time!

Thanks Maggie!

My husband and I actually came to Ellenbrook over the weekend to have alook at the place and as we drove through MacDonalds the young guy serving us recognised my accent and said "Hi! Im from Newcastle" What a lag! South Africans are found in the most surprising of places...

Audrey I am not working at the moment so if you want to meet up I am keen. My little one is doing a half day at Care this Friday but will be starting his full day next week so I am free on Wednesday. If you are interested, let me know and I will send you a PM with my number and arrange to meet somewhere halfway maybe?

I'm also in perth this weekend to support the boks.... where willyou guys be watching?

HI Audrey and Michele S,

If you guys want to come over to my place (ellenbrook) on Wednesday 24th Oct - will see how many others can come too. Please PM me as I don't go on the site that often anymore and would have missed your messages. I will ask the other ellenbrook ladies if they are free that day.

HI all,

Kids are sick so will have to leave it for another time - probably wait till November, as we did have one in October already.

Hi! We all been sick too with Flu and my little one has comjunctivitus. The germs here are super duper germs. We've been knocked flat for nearly two weeks now . I thought we were over the Winter bugs but it seems they had a last card to play before Summer. Am still keen to get together in November.

Edited by Michele S