Perth expat coffee club?

Trevor & Hayley

I realize that there are so many South Africans in Perth but we are new here and I was wondering if anyone would like to meet? I'd love to chat and hear about people's experiences and get some advise...

It would also be a great way of meeting parents with small children who like me are having to rack their brains on things to do with their kids everyday...

Anyway, it's just an idea. If people are genuinely interested, please let me know!

Have a good week,

Hayley

Hi Hayley!

We're still in RSA otherwise I'd be interested in getting together. How old are your children? Hope you'll get more replys from WA.

Aramat

Hi Haley

I'm also still in SA (from Durban area!) but hope to be in Perth by November and will definitely contact you. I think for me it's going to be very important to make friends with other South Africans. I've got two boys who are 10 and 12. I have a few acquaintances in Perth, but otherwise don't know many people at all - it's going to be quite daunting at first.

Whereabouts in Perth are you?

Best of luck,

Mary

Hi Hayley

Me again.... would love to get together for a chat :ilikeit:

A friend (she is also a member of the forum "TMB") and I often meet for a coffee and a chat so give us a shout and we'll organise something :angry:

Cheers

Gaille

Hi Hayley and Gaille

We will be in Perth on Sunday. Please let me know when you are going for that coffee, would love to join!!

It is absolute chaos in our house. They finish with the packing tomorrow and will pack the container tomorrow. Hayley, I don't know how you did your last month in SA by yourself, there are so many last minute things that my husband is helping with. Well see you soon....

Tanya

Aramat,

My children are 3 and a half; and 2 next month. I'm slowly getting us out and about but do contact me when you arrive. Good luck with the organisation!

Hayley

Hi Mary,

I'm living in a lovely suburb called Woodvale. Really happy in this area!

Keep in touch and we'll meet when you arrive,

Hayley

I'm living in a lovely suburb called Woodvale. Really happy in this area!

Keep in touch and we'll meet when you arrive,

Hey, I think that's very near where we plan to live - we're looking at Duncraig, Carine area, also thought about Woodvale, because I believe they have a very good school. Will definitely be in touch!

Mary

Anyone living south of the river? I'm going to be arriving on my own within the next month and would love to meet up with some saffers!

C'Lou

I'm near you Hayley, in the Duncraig area. I have two girls ages 7 and 4. I'd be more than happy to meet you, though I do work 3 mornings a week. Wed and Thurs mornings are great. There is a lovely storytime at the Duncraig library (cnr Warwick & Marmion) every Thursday morning, and I generally take my 4 year old. I'd be happy to meet you there and then we could go for a coffee and a chat? Please send me a PM and I will give you my contact details.

Hi

There is a coffe club once a month at the Quay Cafe at Hillarys Marina that meets once a month on the first

Wednesday of the month from 09h30. Everyone is welcome.

This has been advertised before.

Cheers

Enrica

Hi all,

I'm so sorry! I'm quite slack with checking the forum...too many other things to do at this stage. Anyhow...

May i please suggest meeting for coffee next week, Monday morning at Waldecks off Wanneroo road. They have a lovely tea garden and play area for the children. Lots of scrumptious goodies to eat and good choice of coffee/tea! If that's not suitable, I'm open to suggestions...

Thanks Hayley

Would love to have coffee in the morning but... I work so I won't be able to make it :)

Gaille :angry:

Thankx het jou pm gekry. :angry: Wou so graag kom maar het klaar iets aan vir daai oggend in Ellenbrook. :ph34r: Dis n wonderlike plan om so bymekaar te kom juis die rede omdat meeste van ons almal kiddies het en n mens lekker kan kuier en ons kabouters lekker kan speel. Kan ons ma's net goed doen. :blush: As jy weer iets reel asb sal ek graag dit wil bywoon met my dogtertjie van 3 Danielle.

Dankie Ursula. :)

Edited by Allie&Urs

Hi everyone,

We are coming over to Perth on the 12th Oct for a week for our LSD...but I think we might rather come to try and find schools etc during that time. Our son is 5 and our daughter 3 and I would love to meet up with other moms with kids more or less the same age as ours and it seems like you all "fit" the description! So if you decide to maybe have a coffee date during that week, I would love to try and meet up with you and hear all your stories and if you will allow me, to ask many questions!

Bye

Annemi

We are meeting tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday 22/08 at Hillaries boat harbour if anyone is interested!

I think at about 2.30pm... In front of the playground on the Beach... great for the kids!

Please do join us...

Edited by Trevor & Hayley

We'll try come after school if my boys are up to it as they've both been sick these last 2 weeks.

We are meeting tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday 22/08 at Hillaries boat harbour if anyone is interested!

I think at about 2.30pm... In front of the playground on the Beach... great for the kids!

Please do join us...

Sorry nou eers die post gesien vir vandag [woensdag] Mis ek dit weer :ilikeit: .

Ursula.

Hi daar

Ons stel ook belang om ander SAANERS te ontmoet, Net ter inligting die website southafricansinperth werk nie , wat is die volle address ?

Dan, om in die oggende ontmoet of deur die dag is maar moeilik vir almal, Miskien moet daar 'n braai of iets in een van die parke gereel word waar almal bymekaar kan kom. Dalk is daar reeds sulke dae en sal graag daarvan wil hoor

Ons is tans in Maylands , het Saterday die 11de geland . Ons hoop om 'n huis in Duncraig te kry , het aansoeke vir 'n paar huise reeds ingesit.

O ja , ons is die botha familie, Jan ,Ilse en 2 dogters Marlize(13) Bianca(9).

My email is jan.botha@bigpond.com

groete

Ag welkom hier en hoop regtig jul gaan gelukkig wees hier in Perth. Ons bly ook in Perth al amper 11 maande en Duncraig is n great area om te bly. Sal nie op n ander plek wil bly nie te lekker hier. Jy is welkom om by my inteloer enige tyd van die week vir n lekker koppie tee :wacko: Stuur net n pm ok.

Groete Ursula.

I realize that there are so many South Africans in Perth but we are new here and I was wondering if anyone would like to meet? I'd love to chat and hear about people's experiences and get some advise...

It would also be a great way of meeting parents with small children who like me are having to rack their brains on things to do with their kids everyday...

Anyway, it's just an idea. If people are genuinely interested, please let me know!

Have a good week,

Hayley

Hi Trevor & Hayley :D

I'm in Duncraig which is North of the River. I don't have any small children though, my son is 19 in October, which makes me 46 years young ;) hehe

Anyway, I work most week ends because I'm in real estate, but it known to be thirsty work, so a coffee now and then is always welcome. Let me know. :holy:

Marianne :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

We are coming over to Perth on the 12th Oct for a week for our LSD...but I think we might rather come to try and find schools etc during that time. Our son is 5 and our daughter 3 and I would love to meet up with other moms with kids more or less the same age as ours and it seems like you all "fit" the description! So if you decide to maybe have a coffee date during that week, I would love to try and meet up with you and hear all your stories and if you will allow me, to ask many questions!

Bye

Annemi

Hi this is the first time we write to all of you living in Perth. We hope to settle in Perth in October/Nov 2007. We will be visiting Perth from 5 to 10 October 2007. We have to look for a place to stay, school for our daughter (8) and morning care for our son (4). We feel like we know so many of you that have already posted many information regarding Perth.

When will the next coffee club meeting be?

Alias

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I have a little boy of 20 months and my husband and I arrived here in May. Its taken ages to settle down and we find meeting people very hard here. Would love to get together and chat if you keen? Do any of you guys have small children. Would love to meet up?

Michele

Edited by Michele S

Hi Michelle

We will be arriving in Perth on 26th Novmember. I don't have small kids, I have two boys - 12 and 10, but I know I am going to want to meet people when I get there, will definitely get in touch with you. Which suburb are you staying in?

Mary

Hi MAry!

I am in Dianella as I have relatives who stay here but my husband and I are looking to go elsewhere. I believe a lost of Sa's are in CArine and Duncraig but we are also looking at aplace called Ellenbrook which is a new development right next to the forest. Would love to catch up with you when you get here. I remember my move very well. I hope all goes smoothly. Where will you be staying?

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I was on the forum I even forgot my username! I am willing to have the SA coffee morning at my house this week if anyone is interested. We live in Ellenbrook so it may be a distance for some to travel. PM me for my address, some of you have already been so you know where I live! Feel free to bring a plate of goodies if you like. And obviously all kiddies welcome! My house is not the biggest (or tidiest) so I really need to know numbers, thanks, Maggie. I'm thinking of either Tuesday (9 Oct) or Wednesday (10 Oct). Whatever suits.