What are you like in real life ?

Guest Seoul Sister

Guest Seoul Sister
.... I looked at my profile yesterday and found out that I am most active in the Funnies section ...... I hope I still have a shred of credibility left here :whome::ilikeit:

Hi Jules,

Yesterday, as I was about to PM my award-winning friend S_Spicy on yet another fantastic effort at nothing, I saw that he is 100% active in the Cooler. :P Hehehehehe. THAT would be considered shaky credibility. Nothing wrong with you being our funny gal !! We like you that way.

Lots of love from here

SS

:whome:

Sorry forgot to say something else. I am really glad you put your pic back ! You do hear some really scary stories of ID theft and all kinds of weird and not wonderful things.. :) I get the creeps when I hear things like that, :ilikeit: but we can't live in fear. Sooner or later the good guys have to say ag scr*w it (don't know if I'm allowed to use that word) enough already with being afraid of the baddies.. Thanks for being brave and putting it back. It's very nice to see who I am talking to.

:huh:

Edited by Seoul Sister

QLDGirl, Thanks for your very interesting response. I am amazed. You are a lot different from what I thought you were gonna tell us. Loner, you, REALLY ?? :ilikeit:

QLDGirl, I also thought you to be much different in person - as far as preferring to being alone goes. Then again, I'm a bit of a recluse myself..... Can't stand it when the phone rings or when there's someone unexpected at the door - don't want to be disturbed during my "lonely time". I could go days on end without speaking to a single person - absolute heaven! Aren't we a peculiar lot? :P

C'mon fellow forumites - tell us more about yourself! This is all SO interesting! LOVE it! :ilikeit:

QLDGirl, I also thought you to be much different in person - as far as preferring to being alone goes. Then again, I'm a bit of a recluse myself..... Can't stand it when the phone rings or when there's someone unexpected at the door - don't want to be disturbed during my "lonely time". I could go days on end without speaking to a single person - absolute heaven! Aren't we a peculiar lot? :ilikeit:

C'mon fellow forumites - tell us more about yourself! This is all SO interesting! LOVE it! :rolleyes:

Well now the truth is out. I would say that quite a few on this forum are comfortable on their own.

As to being an "it" girl SS- thats when the irony comes in. Maybe to the outside world who dont know me i seem to be like that. But thats because I keep most at arms length. Those close to me know the truth.

And now so does everyone on the forum!

Hi all

I do better on a personal level, although I tend to shy away from meeting new people. How weird is that?

My friends consider me to be really , really funny.(in a ha-ha way).I dont have many friends-just a handful, but to them I am a good friend.

I am definitely a loner and I enjoy my own company.

I am lazy and would much rather read the newspaper than clean the kitchen.

I hate doing the laundry and have given up on the ironing. The creased look is now in.

Dis defnitief ek ook. Snaaks hoe van ons baie dieselfde is.

Ek kry weer die probleem dat mense my baie keer verkeerd opsom as ons ontmoet en dan wanneer mense my eers leer ken is dit 'n ander storie. Ek vind dit moeilik om my feelings of details van my persoonlik lewe te deel met mense in conversation, ek trust mense baie moeilik ook. Het ook net 'n handtjie vol vriende, maar dis friends for life en hulle weet ek sal enige iets doen vir hulle.

Dis nogal 'n storie as mens skaam is en in 'n nuwe land en jy moet nou weer vriende begin maak. So ek gaan maar probeer baie involved raak met goed. Het aansoek gedoen by SPCA om te help met die honde en dit maar stadig van daar af vat, hopelik werk ek ook saam met nice mense van volgende week af.

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi again,

Thanks QLDgirl for being so open. Now we know something about you lots of ppl who know you in real life don't know. That's really special ! :hug: I always had the idea that you and I are a lot similar, but from what you have explained, we are almost opposites. Very interesting.

Dis defnitief ek ook. Snaaks hoe van ons baie dieselfde is.

Ek kry weer die probleem dat mense my baie keer verkeerd opsom as ons ontmoet en dan wanneer mense my eers leer ken is dit 'n ander storie. Ek vind dit moeilik om my feelings of details van my persoonlik lewe te deel met mense in conversation, ek trust mense baie moeilik ook. Het ook net 'n handtjie vol vriende, maar dis friends for life en hulle weet ek sal enige iets doen vir hulle.

I'm the exact opposite. I tend to trust ppl WAY too easily. I also used to be way too polite and willing to please, but Holland soon cured me of that !! :lol: Adapt or die, FIOFO come to mind... :ilikeit:

Dis nogal 'n storie as mens skaam is en in 'n nuwe land en jy moet nou weer vriende begin maak. So ek gaan maar probeer baie involved raak met goed. Het aansoek gedoen by SPCA om te help met die honde en dit maar stadig van daar af vat, hopelik werk ek ook saam met nice mense van volgende week af.

You have ALL of my sympathy. It's already really hard for me and I'm not even all that shy, I can imagine what you must be going through ! :huh: I have found that since I have had the boys it has been A LOT easier to meet ppl and make friends. Somehow having kids gets you in with another crowd of ppl... Volunteering is an excellent idea, I hope you meet some really nice friends this way. You will have love for animals in common, which seems to be a crucial part of who you are, so that should be fab to share that with others !!

Places where I have made friends the quickest during my travels have been Schools, the Church, Work and in my Neighbourhood/ Community through things like hosting arts & crafts, playgroups and fun activities for kids. My love for kids and your love for animals (and your babies) is the same. Good luck ! I know it is hard, hang in there, it'll get better. Lemme know if you wanna chat on MSN !! :hug:

I am amazed at how open and honest you all have been !! Even the shy ones have shared more than I thought they would. Wonder where NZHigh is hiding !! :) Come on BUD, who are you in real life ?? :)

Lots of love from here !

Seoul Sister

:)

(Spring is here, hottest day so far this year with 17 degrees, I am wearing a t-shirt for the first time since October ! Koreans are staring at me like I am nuts !! Hehehehe, met two Canadian girls on the subway this morning, also in T-Shirts. :D:P Yeeehaaaa !! BRING IT ON !! :rolleyes: Remember looooong ago when the cricket ad/Benson and Hedges (??) in SA said Come on summer, come on summer... That's how I feel today !! :lol: )

Edited by Seoul Sister

Guest Jules

:hug: Hi everyone,

Dis nogal 'n storie as mens skaam is en in 'n nuwe land en jy moet nou weer vriende begin maak

Yes Dedrei I can relate to that completely. We have been here just over a year and although I do know people, I haven't got to the stage of really calling them friends yet. You know, the type you can just go round to at any time for a chat or just phone up and invite out to the mall for a bit of shopping or something like that. Our kids go to school 25kms away from home so I haven't been involved much with the school and the other moms either. I am hoping things will change when ( if ever :) ) our house is built. Then I will be around the corner from the school and plan to get involved a lot more.

QLDGirl, I also thought you to be much different in person - as far as preferring to being alone goes. Then again, I'm a bit of a recluse myself..... Can't stand it when the phone rings or when there's someone unexpected at the door - don't want to be disturbed during my "lonely time". I could go days on end without speaking to a single person - absolute heaven! Aren't we a peculiar lot?

Riekie you just about summed it up for me there.Most of the time I am perfectly happy to be alone and enjoy it too but the rest of the time I need to do a bit of work on...

Ek kry weer die probleem dat mense my baie keer verkeerd opsom as ons ontmoet en dan wanneer mense my eers leer ken is dit 'n ander storie

I have had so many people say to me, " Before I got to know you I always thought you were a snob who thought you were better than the rest of us, but actually you're so different". I think because I am shy I put up these barriers that people interpret as aloofness. It has got better over the years but it's still a problem for me. I am perfectly happy to share information with people but will seldom volunteer it, and in a group situation I tend to clam up completely, which is probably what gives people this impression. However, once I feel I can trust a person and have got to know them it's another story and I relax a lot more.

SS, glad to hear summer is on it's way :rolleyes::ilikeit: although I'm not so sure I share your enthusiasm about 17 degrees :lol: that temperature would have me running for a jersey :lol: I have become so used to Queensland weather now that anything under 25 degrees is cold for me :hug:

Love

Julie

Hi you all,

It is so nice to get to know everyone a little better. I "met" (just read your posts) some of you on the other forum, but I got a little "verbally abused" and left there. I have not been on a forum for about six months, until I found this one.

Thank you so much for whoever started this.

I have always been a bit careful about my identity, as I don't want to get too close to people, and don't like to get hurt. I looked at the a chat room the other day and was actually fearful of joining. So I didn't.

I love writing, and sharing information, and I think that all of us here have something to contribute to each other. I like to be part of a community, but in person I don't get accepted very easily. Somehow people just don't seem to like me. My husband says I am too straight forward. I say what I think, or at least show it.

So there goes, as all you others have been so brave to bare your souls, I thought I'd join in.

It is great to be part of your lives.

Greetings,

Dreamy

OK, so I don't want to change the tone of this wonderful thread, but how about "touchy feely"?

Are you a hugs 'n kisses type of person or do you prefer to greet without the "mwha mwha" stuff?

I'll start - I grew up with a v huggy mom and I think that's why I'm the complete opposite (typical teenage rebellion!) I'll shake hands rather than kiss someone, and at parties I make sure that I have a glass at hand in order to take a sip whenever I see one of the "usual suspects" bearing down on me.

I'm sure that there are people who think I'm incredibly cold because of it.

How about you?

C'Lou (stole that idea from C'bug)

I grew up again with a family that is not so much huggy kissy. So feel bit uncomfortable doing it. Gotten used to it sort of with some new family members that are the huggy kissy type. The thing is I won't be the first to do it, feels weird to me some times.

Guest Seoul Sister

G'Day,

Wanna start off by talking to Dreamy for a second. Hey there ! I have been reading your posts on a number of different issues and I must tell you I have been really impressed. Forgetting about information sharing and all of that stuff now, I have been really impressed by the way you have just fallen in with the flow and shared your thoughts, I think that's great !! I'm sorry you were abused elsewhere, but glad you have joined us here, I'm sure things will be better for you here. :lol:

C'Lou, great question. I'm not really all that touchy feely. All of the bowing done here in Asia is just up my street and I wish we could implement it in the West as well. In Korea ppl hardly ever touch each other and when I met up with a Saffer gal pal whom I hadn't seen in 4 months in a coffee shop the other day, we gave each other a good, proper, solid hug and a kiss on the cheek. Ppl STARED as if we were snogging.. :ilikeit: Some afrikaans family of mine from the platteland I find WAY TOOO touchy feely and there is always some creepy distant relative with a moustache and wet, fish lips on my tail... :rolleyes: Hehehehehehe. :) So I guess if I know you well, I will hug you when I see you, but the rest will see me bow (or maybe shake my hand if I'm feeling generous.) :hug:

I am also curious to know about hidden talents. Do you have a hidden talent (or two) that could really wow us ? I would love to know about it !!

Love

SS

:hug:

G'Day,

Wanna start off by talking to Dreamy for a second. Hey there ! I have been reading your posts on a number of different issues and I must tell you I have been really impressed. Forgetting about information sharing and all of that stuff now, I have been really impressed by the way you have just fallen in with the flow and shared your thoughts, I think that's great !! I'm sorry you were abused elsewhere, but glad you have joined us here, I'm sure things will be better for you here. :D

C'Lou, great question. I'm not really all that touchy feely. All of the bowing done here in Asia is just up my street and I wish we could implement it in the West as well. In Korea ppl hardly ever touch each other and when I met up with a Saffer gal pal whom I hadn't seen in 4 months in a coffee shop the other day, we gave each other a good, proper, solid hug and a kiss on the cheek. Ppl STARED as if we were snogging.. :lol: Some afrikaans family of mine from the platteland I find WAY TOOO touchy feely and there is always some creepy distant relative with a moustache and wet, fish lips on my tail... :blink: Hehehehehehe. :lol: So I guess if I know you well, I will hug you when I see you, but the rest will see me bow (or maybe shake my hand if I'm feeling generous.) ;)

I am also curious to know about hidden talents. Do you have a hidden talent (or two) that could really wow us ? I would love to know about it !!

Love

SS

Funny hey-my Mum always said even as I child I was one of those kids that when you hug them stiffens into a rigid totem pole.

Dont dig this touchy /feely stuff, but love to touch and hug my family and friends.

SS-how I relate to what you said.The family members with the big wet lips and tobacco-filled moustaches saying:"so waar is die klein witkop-sy skuld my n soentjie!" GRIL

Hidden talents? I am a good dancer. Qualified to teach Ballet and Contempory Dance. I am married to man who will NOT dance.

Now luckily in Ozz I dance with the girls. Dont need a boy here.

HI,

Thank you so much SS. It is really nice to be noticed once in a while. You really make my day!

About the touchy feely thing, I really don't like it. I keep thinking of germs and bad breath, and all kinds of stuff that lurk in moustaches.... jugggg I tend to put out my hand first, so they have no choice but to shake it. But you still get the ones that grab your hand and pull you closer for a snog!

Hidden talents? I have a few that I know of, but have hidden under the excuse of too busy with other things. But no, nothing fênsie.

Greetings,

Dreamy

I don't have a problem with 'french greeting' as I call it but it is not my normal way of greeting strangers. I usually fall in with the custom/culture of the person that I am with so if it's a french or Italian person and they lean for ward to do the 'kissy kissy' thing then that's ok. I don't like offending people if I like them.

Personally I prefer the hand shake when meeting new people however I am extremely affectionate and with family and friends it is always hugs. Actually lets rather say that with people I like I usually hug them. I generally follow the body language of the other person as I find it quite easy to sense how people prefer the greeting thing. If it is a person that I feel skeptical about I will pull away and make no attempt to hide my reservations. Otherwise... as long as the kiss is on the cheek it's fine.

Oh ja, and hidden talents? ......... have to think about that one......

Edited by Caroline

MMh, hidden talents, no, can't think of any, although I do have some hobbies that surprise people who know me professionally.

I come across as quite analytical and “feminist”, and my profession is banking risk management – I’m involved with Basel II compliance at the moment if anyone has heard about that – and that seems to pigeonhole me. It appears that some people believe that you’re either creative or analytical, and are v surprised to find out that I love doing “home things” like cooking, knitting, beadwork etc. I love cooking so much that I “dropped out” of real life and started a restaurant, which I sold after three years, and now just cook for family and friends.

Also mad about antiques – can spot a fake at 5 yards! When we were in Perth last year the only thing that concerned me was the apparent dearth of good antique shops.

Like QG I love dancing – although unlike her I’m not at all good at – so I go to Linedance classes at least once a week.

Hidden talents - still can't think of any......

Hey SS whaddaya mean its "just us gals"??

I thought that was my cue to stay out of this one. :)

Guest Seoul Sister
I am amazed at how open and honest you all have been !! Even the shy ones have shared more than I thought they would. Wonder where NZHigh is hiding !! :o Come on BUD, who are you in real life ?? :)

Hi there BUDDY !!

Long time no see. I have missed you. What have you been up to ? Gearing up for the winter ? :P Ag, sorry about that bud, I didn't mean that you weren't welcome ! Of course you are. SO ? Tell us, what are you like ? Shy, not so shy, do you find putting your pic up a bit scary, hidden talents ?

Looking forward to hearing all about it !!

A dancer and a cook extraordinaire, EXCELLENT, all we need now is a singer and we can GET THE PARTY STARTED !! :) How about you ? Caroline/ Dreamy/Jules/CBug/NZHigh/Dedrei/Sassy/anyone else -can you sing ?? Maybe play a musical instrument ? B)

Love

SS

This is just a great thread!

So, I’ve already ‘fessed up that in real life I’m more spontaneous and less reserved. I’m very touchy-feely, but not with strangers, and certainly not with anyone that I sense is uncomfortable with physical contact. Within my family though, and with good friends, I hug and kiss lots.

I have long standing friendships with a group of girlfriends - I’m still in close contact with my best friend from my childhood – whom I met when I was 5! Two of my other best friends I met with I was 13, and the last of my ‘inner-circle’ came into my life when I was 18. Most of the people that I would call close friends have been part of my life for the past 15 years or so – once I’m with you, I’m with you for a long, long time :o:P Hidden talents??? I play guitar – or I used to, at least. Haven’t picked one up in about 25 years! My dad was a musician and I was taught at an early age.

I write – I’ve completed a few manuscripts but have never submitted anything for publication. The only time I’ve ever been published was when I was in high school – my English teacher submitted my creative writing exam for publication and it was included in a text book for years and years B) . It’s always been my dream to spend my life reading and writing, but I lack the discipline and passion to turn it into a reality :) Pretty poor show, actually!

I only learned how to cook when I was in my late 20’s – my mom was a great cook, but I never bothered learning. Now, I love spending time in the kitchen and have discovered that I’m a pretty handy baker as well!

I’m really enjoying all these other responses – keep ‘em flowing!

Love

Ajay

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi Ajay,

Oh wow. I can totally see you as a writer, just as I can see QLD girl as a dancer and C'Lou cooking away in her restaurant. (Eventho' I do see C'Lou spending a fair amount of time chatting to the clients as well). Guitar, that's fabulous ! I took music as a subject at school and finished up with Grade 7 UNISA on piano, I miss playing as I sold my piano when we moved from SA and I haven't owned one since.. :) Will have to fix that once we settle in Oz. With you obviously dipped deeply in the creative sauce I wonder, are you left or right handed ?

Love

SS

B)

I suggest that as soon as we can get you all here we should have that PARTY!

Maybe the Gold Coast guys??? Not the tourist mecca for nothing....Your kids will love it.

Hidden talent? Well we used to do ballroom dancing in SA. Other than that I would say my photography as well. Some people can't imagine me as a photographer, which is such a creative thing, as I am an accountant. Go figure!

I enjoy receiving hugs. I also enjoy giving them to those people who feel comfortable with it. I will hug to show my sincere appreciation. Sometimes I'm quite spontaneous and will just give a hug. I find hugs far more personal than just a distanced hand shake - HOW DO YOU DO!! - type of stiff way. This does not mean that I will hug every Tom, Dick and Harry!

I am cautious with people I'm not familiar with and will be more careful with people whom I sense prefer their personal space around them.

I love people and observe people and how they behave. I find people really facinating!

Hidden talents ..... I don't have any of those. When I was about 16 or 17, I had my own band and I used to sing and play the guitar. Behaved just like Suzie Quatro!!! That all feels like a long LONG time ago!! These days I can't sing (smoking killed that - stopped now) and I haven't touched a guitar for many MANY years!

Well, SAS, it looks as if you'll have to brush up on those guitar skills, pity about the voice tho', could have been cool to have some SQ retro numbers! I have to admit I can imagine you being a bit wild (I mean that in the nicest possible way) in your youth - you seem to enjoy life so much!

Still waiting for NZHigh - listen mate, if this was just for the gals we would have put it in the ladies room. B)

SS - it seems that the men just don't want to "open up", should we be surprised? :)

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi there everyone,

SS - it seems that the men just don't want to "open up", should we be surprised? :)

Hehehehehe. :)

(I think I'm gonna just keep quiet on this one, hehehehehe) :o

I should give two HUGE thumbs up and credit where credit is due. Kudos to Chatterbug, who has proven to be a fabulous exception !! :)We like that !! B)

It would seem that our party is getting into shape, region - check, food - check check, guitar - check check, dancers - check check check, photographer - check, reluctant singer - check...OH wow, we have a lot of dance talent around ! QLD Girl I like your idea ! Hehehehe, Sassy, *phew* luckily I'm not Tom, Dick or Harry, so I'll be keeping you to a BIG HUG when I meet you ! ;)

:P Still wanna know whether ya'll are right or left handed...

Lotsalove from here

SS

Edited by Seoul Sister

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Ek hoop nie ek's te laat om bietjie oor my te gesels nie....

Ag, ek is ook maar 'n skaam en teruggetrokke outjie. O, Hell, dis 'n engelse forum:

I am also but a shy and backtrucked guy....

Enjoy