Melbourne Suburbs

Mara

Hi Mara and everyone out there

Thank you for the great information you provide to all of us.

We are expected to be in Melbourne around the 01 September 2008, we have been in Melbourne briefly but cannot decide on where to live. Currently, we have to areas that we are considering that is vastly different to each other.

Berwick and Templestowe. the consideration of templesotwe is because it is close to the city and Berwick becasue it has got that country feel. The main thing is that I will be working in the city and the time travelling on public transport would be more should we decide on Berwick.

Could some of you that use public transport from these twon subburbs maybe suggest an average travelling time?

Hi,

I travel into the CBD from Berwick for work. The train takes on average 50-60mins but if you can get a morning express service it is less. The commute is not a bad trip. The only thing I must say though is that car spaces are difficult to get at Berwick station as many people have now opted to take the train rather than driving the M1 into town. There are good bus services though that you can catch from your area to the station and these are regular services during the peak periods.

Templestowe is close to town but is not served by a train line you must take buses either to a station or somehow into town.

To check travel times etc from the area go to www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au and use the journey planner feature to check travel times and the various routes you could possibly take.

That is why I live in Sunbury, only 40 mins by train to the city! Yeha!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone living as far as Frankston North or Patterson Lakes?? The houses in the area that I've seen on domain.com seem a lot cheaper and they look very similar to some of our townhouse complexes in SA. What's the area like? Is it too far to travel back to the CBD for work?

• 6 months later...

Dear Melbournites

My name is Jeanne Nel de Koker. We have relocated to Geelong, Victoria in September 2008. Now considering to move to Melbourne - husband's work takes him to Melbourne frequently. He is at Deakin University. We are thinking about Vermont, Wantirna, Ferntree Gully, Wheelers Hill, Mulgrave.. Anything in the vicinity of Deakin Uni. How is Mulgrave and can one consider Rowville?

Do you know the schools in the area? have you heard of Waverley Christian College?

Our children are aged 10 and 5 and used to be in a Christian School, the King's School, in South Africa.

Then also, how do I get on the distribution list for socials? Would love to participate!

Kind regards

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne

You can pm koosdup as he lives in Rowville and may help you. We are in Caroline Springs so I don't know those areas well.

Ronell

HI

I have an Aussie friend who live down there and its a nice suburb. Close to the shops and also to Knox Hospital. You can also look at Rowville and the whole area of Knox council.

Neola

HI

We live in Wheelers Hill as hubby works in Mulgrave. I would suggest Mount Waverley, Glen Waverley, Wheelers Hill and Waverley Christian school is great but its pretty much full. There is 2 spots open for grade 2 but you can always put them on the waiting list in case someone move or something like that. Apparently Mount Waverleys primary school is the best in the area.

Good luck!!

come to our valentines ball on the 14 Feb if you want to meet the Saffers over this side. ITs in Berwick at Akoonah park and we ll have a barbie first at 6 and if you want to dance that starts at 8 or you can just kuier lekker!!

Neola

I m going down Geelongs way on Monday to the adventure park!!

Dear Ronell and Neola

Thank you so much for the responses.

We are in Port Fairy at the moment, but I am checking the property web sites for something that can work for us.

I have spoken to Waverley. No space in Year 5, my daughter is in Year 5! Waiting list already 7 kids long! :ilikeit:

Has anybody heard anything to take note of about St Andrews in Burwood?

Neola, my kids are going back to school on Monday, but please pm me if you would like to drop in.

Kind regards

Jeanne

• 7 months later...
My fiance and me will (hopefully) be living in Melbourne soon. I will be going over somewhere between middle of August and end of September - visa depending. My fiance will be coming over a month or two after me.

My work is in Campbellfield close to Ford and hopefully if things work the way we are planning my fiance will work in Bundoora area. From what I could find on the internet Thomastown and Mill Park is in the middle between these two work areas... what are these two areas like. Someone has told us Elthan area is very nice, but it is a little further from my work... Graigieburn and Meadow Heights are also areas that I have been looking at, but once again it is very difficult to judge an area from a distance.

Can someone please comment on these areas or even suggest possible nice areas. We are not too worried about being close to the CBD... more worried about spending too much time in traffic.

Hi

I live in Bundoora, Thomastown is 4 mins away which is a very nice suburb. Bundoora too is great to live in, shops, schools are all in the vicinity and the people are very friendly. Mill Park where my DH works is another big suburb with +_ 50 000 residents. Same - schools, shopping facilities and child care are fantastic. Campbellfield are not far away from these areas, the highway is 5 mins away and transport is fantastic. Let me know if you need further information will be glad to help.