Jump to content
  • 0

My mother's year and place of birth is incorrect on my unabridged birth certificate. Has anyone else had this problem?



Hi there,


I recently came across this forum and wish I had found it a lot sooner! There are some great advice on here!


I have submitted my 190 visa application, but have a slight issue, my mom's place of birth as well as her year of birth is incorrect on my birth certificate.  I assumed that home affairs had made the mistake and requested a vault copy of my birth certificate so that it can be rectified. Unfortunately it was my dad who had incorrectly completed my birth register. 


I have also completed and submitted form 80, where I submitted my mother's correct information. I have also submitted my unabridged birth certificate, which contains the incorrect info. 


Has anyone had a similar issue? And how did you resolve it? I have been told that it will take up to a year to correct my birth register... Thanks dad 🙂!


Should I inform the department of the mistake and will they insist on the corrected birth certificate before they process my visa? 


Any advice will be greatly appreciated! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I don't think it really matters to be honest, it is still an official document from the ZA government.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...