New and asking

cdepvan

Good day all.

Firstly thank you for accepting us here, now down to business, we have been looking at going to Australia for the last year or so but now we are at the point where we really want to go. The problem we have is that we do not have the money to acquire the services of an immigration agency or to pre apply for visas (as I am currently unemployed). I have been reading through some of the topics regarding sponsored work offers. I have been applying for a few positions the last few days but I am not sure how to see if a company does offer a sponsorship or not. A question I have is what is the possibility of a company only offering me a sponsorship and that I have to sort my wife and children out by myself? If that can be done we are willing to do so just as long at the end of the day we are all in Australia. I am a 46 year old qualified instrumentation technician with quite a lot of electrical experience both low and high voltage, but no qualifications, in various industries from steel plants and smelters to coal fire power stations and lately CSP solar power plants. I also have experience with weighing equipment and have some 2 years experience in sales of weighing equipment as well as 2 years maintenance planning experience. Are there any suggestions to which companies I can try to search for job opportunities? I have applied for work at a few of BHP Billiton mines, Genisis energy and Mammoet.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, cdepvan said:

I have been applying for a few positions the last few days but I am not sure how to see if a company does offer a sponsorship or not.  A question I have is what is the possibility of a company only offering me a sponsorship and that I have to sort my wife and children out by myself? If that can be done we are willing to do so just as long at the end of the day we are all in Australia. I am a 46 year old qualified instrumentation technician ...

Hi cdepvan - welcome to the forum.

There are a few issues that you need to consider:

• you mention that you are 46 years of age - within the skilled visas all the permanent residence visa options require the main applicant to be aged less than 45 years of age.  At 46 you could look at temporary visa options but at the current time there are very few exemptions (e.g. high salary) towards a pathway to permanent residence following the temporary visa.
  • with regards to companies that offer sponsorship - there is no list of employers offering sponsorship.  Some may advertise that they can offer sponsorship but many don't. 
  • with the temporary 482/TSS visa the employer does not have to sponsor the whole family - but I would suggest that many do if they are looking at a long term position.  If a company does also nominate the family then they would be included within your application.  If they were not sponsored then your family would need to be eligible for another type of visa e.g. visitor visas...

The first point might be a game changer - if so then you might look at options within NZ where I understand there is a higher age limit.

The other point would be whether your wife might be able to be the main applicant if she is aged 44 or under?

I hope that is of assistance

• Like 2