Appliance store recommendations

TamTam

Any recommendations for appliance stores in Brissie. My short term rental doesnt have a fridge so I am looking at buying a bar fridge in the mean time.

The usual names:

JB Hifi

Harvey Norman

The Good Guys

You can also look at Gumtree

• Like 1

Facebook market place is also full of second hand items for very reasonable prices.

In Australia you can often ask for a discounted price at white good stores.  Or price match if you find it cheaper elsewhere.

• Like 1

ALWAYS ask for a better price... ;) 

Do you straight out say “can you give me a better price/discount”? @RedPanda

On 6/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, TamTam said:

Do you straight out say “can you give me a better price/discount”? @RedPanda

:lol: Pretty much. You don't need to beat about the bush. If you have any kind of leverage, like you're buying more than one product, or another store has it cheaper, anything at all, just ask if they can reduce the price. I think the practice is so widespread that they expect it. Nobody is embarrassed about it. It's not like offering a bribe or asking for something rude or illegal. 

Also try these guys: https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/

Their prices are always cheaper, they deliver for free and remove your old stuff for free.  I bought heaps of stuff through them for the office:  smart TV's, dishwashers etc and never had an issue.  You get it the next day if you order before a certain time and sometimes even same day!  All their stuff are authentic and brand new in the box!

• Like 3

Yup! I totally forgot about them! And I bought my tumble dryer from Appliance Online! *facepalm

• Haha 1

Wow thanks guys. 

TamTam goes hunting for a new fridge...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Riekie said:

Also try these guys: https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/

Their prices are always cheaper, they deliver for free and remove your old stuff for free.  I bought heaps of stuff through them for the office:  smart TV's, dishwashers etc and never had an issue.  You get it the next day if you order before a certain time and sometimes even same day!  All their stuff are authentic and brand new in the box!

I often find https://www.aus-appliances.com.au/ cheaper than Appliances Online. We bought our fridge from them and all good.

UPDATE: Just had a look and see that they've cut their brand range back quite a bit. Pity!

Edited by greggle
  • Like 1

Yeah, you've got to shop around to get the best deals.  Sometimes prices can differ up to 30% and older models suddenly becomes very cheap as soon as the newer one is released and it is practically the same thing... 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 1:33 AM, TamTam said:

TamTam goes hunting for a new fridge...

Also look out for the "store damaged goods" that they usually put out front at Good Guys (haven't noticed other shops doing this).  It's usually a tiny mark or dent somewhere on the appliance that makes them sell it at a much lower price.

With a little one in tow shopping around versus doing it online has a new meaning 🤣