190 visa - which states are sponsoring which occupations?

Eddie135

Hi guys

Anyone aware of how I can see which states are currently sponsoring which occupations on a 190 visa? Can't find this  information on Skill select...

Thought I would go the 190 Accountant(General) route as it is on the Medium Term skills list, but migration agent said it is easier to go via the 190 on a Financial Manager application even though it is on the Short term skills list...

Thank you!

Hi @Eddie135

You can check out this website, it gives you a pretty good idea. https://www.anzscosearch.com/

Yes, getting in as an accountant is pretty difficult, apparently they only invite if you have a lot of points (75 or 80) I believe. Whereas Financial manager might be a bit easier with less points required. 

Hi @Eddie135 

From what I can see at the moment, South Australia is sponsoring Finance Managers (low availability) and Northern Territory may be a possibility. These would be your best state sponsorship options but there may be others (this changes frequently). Which occupation to select really depends on your past experience and whether the duties of employment and content of your qualification closely align with the Finance Manager ANZSCO description or not. Accountants do need a high points score to receive an invitation under subclass 189.