New Process/Timeline for Visa 190 with Job offer

RenVilo

Question

Hi,

Hoping someone can confirm this process. I'm hoping to apply for my Visa 190 next week. I had a look at the Victoria website here: https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#.WbvU-qiCx3g

The normal process to apply for a Visa 190 (according to their website) is these 6 steps:

How to apply for Victorian visa nomination: ICT occupations

On 1 July 2017, the Victorian Skilled and Business Migration Program is reopening applications for ICT occupations. For the full list of occupations, please see the Visa nomination occupation list for Victoria.

New application process for ICT occupations

Due to the high number of ICT applications that Victoria receives, we are changing our application process for ICT occupations. The aim of this is to reduce processing times and hopefully improve your experience with our program.  To apply for Victorian nomination (in ICT occupations), follow these steps:

1. Check you meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP) Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) requirements and Victoria’s minimum nomination requirements.

2. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) in DIBP’s SkillSelect, and indicate your interest for Victorian nomination. You do not need to notify Victoria that you have submitted an EOI. Note that if you already have an EOI in the SkillSelect system (submitted before 1 July 2017), it will be considered for Victorian nomination. You will not need to resubmit it.

3. Regularly check your email (including your junk mail folder) to see if you have been selected by Victoria. There is no set timeframe to expect an invitation after submitting an EOI. Invitations are not guaranteed. If selected, an email invitation to apply for Victorian visa nomination will be sent to your email address used for the EOI.

4. Submit an online application for Victorian visa nomination within 14 days of receiving the invitation. Note that you must be able to demonstrate that you still meet the claims that were in your EOI when you were invited. We recommend that you have all your supporting documents ready before you submit your EOI in SkillSelect, as the 14 days cannot be extended.

5. If you are successfully nominated by the Victorian Government, you will receive a SkillSelect invitation to apply for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190).

6. Submit a visa application to DIBP within 60 days of being nominated by Victoria.

Selection considerations    

The Victorian Government will review and select the top ranking ICT candidates from SkillSelect, who have indicated Victoria as their preferred state.  Candidates who are selected to apply are still required to meet Victoria’s minimum eligibility requirements, including demonstrating employability and commitment to Victoria, and are not guaranteed nomination.

If you are not selected by the Victorian Government, you will not receive an email. Your EOI will continue to be considered for as long as it remains in DIBP’s SkillSelect system.

But the most important part is the Exemption of this process:

Exemptions from this process

This application process is for ICT occupations only. However, if you are an ICT applicant and currently hold an offer of employment in your nominated occupation in Victoria, or meet the streamlined 457 or PhD pathway, you are exempt from this process and can lodge a Victorian visa nomination application directly without first being selected by Victoria. 

So, I do have the minimum of 60 points and also the requirements for VIC (BA with min 5 years and all 7 in EILTS) plus I do have a job offer from our branch in Melbourne. So I am exempt from the normal process. So if I understand this correctly I'm skipping step 1-3 and directly applying (step 4) to the VIC. So, am I right in saying I'm going to apply and they will just do a confirmation on my paperwork and then I'll be successful and I can then apply for my Visa 190? So I don't have to wait on the list for an Invite to apply. If this is the case it should surely be very quick to get my Visa 190?

Or am I reading something wrong?

4 answers to this question

Hi @RenVilo

I read it that you need to be an ICT applicant for exemption and if so, you skip steps 4 and 5.

Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the DIBP, you submit your final visa application and pay for the visa.

Good luck

4 hours ago, Husky said:

Hi @RenVilo

I read it that you need to be an ICT applicant for exemption and if so, you skip steps 4 and 5.

Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the DIBP, you submit your final visa application and pay for the visa.

Good luck

Hi, Yes I am applying for a Business Analyst position which is ICT as far as I know. You say I skip step 4 and 5.. When will I then receive an Invite to apply..

On 9/18/2017 at 2:15 PM, RenVilo said:

can lodge a Victorian visa nomination application directly without first being selected by Victoria

I am not an agent and am just sharing my interpretation of the guidelines. The statement above seems to indicate that you lodge your EOI without first being selected by Victoria. I would send an email directly to Victoria to confirm the steps ( skilled@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au). They are pretty good at responding.

We have a 190 from Victoria but followed the normal route (i.e. not ICT but engineering). It took 33 days to get our confirmation of state sponsorship from Victoria with the ITA from the DIBP arriving a day or two after that. Apparently that was quite fast.

I do appreciate your input :)  Just want to see what others think vs what my head is telling me.  In interpretation is the normal process is steps 1 to 6. I can get exempt from this because of my work, job offer etc. So if I read it they state "you are exempt from this process and can lodge a Victorian visa nomination application directly without first being selected by Victoria." 

So I have done step 1 and step 2 (lodged a EOI but my points are 60 and 65 (with state sponsor) and in my field I believe its now 75/70 points min. If I can pass my english with all 8's then I can get 70/75 so that should be good but till then I'm looking at the Visa 190.

So, they say I can lodge directly at victory. According to their 1-6 steps that looks like its step nr. 4:

4. Submit an online application for Victorian visa nomination within 14 days of receiving the invitation. Note that you must be able to demonstrate that you still meet the claims that were in your EOI when you were invited. We recommend that you have all your supporting documents ready before you submit your EOI in SkillSelect, as the 14 days cannot be extended.

So I think I skip step 3 where Victoria selects me as a candidate (Their selection process is looking at the highest score that also qualifies in their own criteria.)  So I don't have to wait for this invite.

I submit my Victoria nomination online and then they verify it and once they have done that I have been successfully nominated by Victoria. Then I should get an application on my Skillselect and apply for the Visa 190. 

But yea, that's what I'm hoping for or even if it can be better :) Just want to try and cut down as much time as possible.