Our Process.

@TamTam @Clauderoy thanks peeps!

An aside for anyone else reading: DHA doesn't allow third-parties to apply for unabridged marriage certificates anymore (response from docassist this morning), and have a backlog of over 500 000 applications...so you have to apply in person, then you can pay docassist to hound them continually (the "expedite" option) and hope for the best.

27 minutes ago, iambrettstar said:

500 000 applications

:censored::censored:

• Like 1

Alrighty then, some progress of a sort...

Still no news on the unabridged marriage certificate, but we will try apply with our standard certificate in the meanwhile.

We went for medicals yesterday and all seems in order, except the doc picked up a heart murmur on my daughter, so she is off to the paed tomorrow to check it out. Apparently this is fairly common in kids and tends to be benign, but rather safe than sorry I suppose.

Sarah also received a call this morning that the practice she had the interview with on Tuesday is keen to have her on board and sending her a formal offer and contracts to sign. So if all goes well we will be residing in Wollongong.

We are planning to submit the Visa app on Monday or Tuesday next week after we get the report from the paed.

And a little side story:

So last week I go to Pretoria to collect my wife's PCC. When finished, I am walking towards my car this guy bumps into me. Being polite I turn and apolagise. He comes and shakes my hand and does the chest bump thing. I immediately look down and he has both my work phone and personal phone in his hand, taken with much stealth from my pocket. I calmly put my arm around his neck and inform him in my most polite voice to give me back my phones or we have a problem. He tried to argue but slight increase in pressure and a firm word saw the phones in my hand, and we calmly walked away from each other. Another day in paradise, and people ask why we are leaving.

1. I hope the paed appointment goes well!
  2. Congrats on the impending job offer for your wife - going with at least one secured job really takes the pressure off. This is really good news for you guys!
  3. Sorry you had to experience that incident with your phones :angry:
  • Like 1

Wollongong would be a great place to live and work. So pretty, cost of living very reasonable, traffic not too bad, and only about 1.5 from Sydney when you want to visit the big smoke. Good luck. 

• Like 1

And so a few developments and hiccups.

After the appointment with the Paed he referred us for a sonar where it was confirmed that the aortic valve has a small leak and we were referred to a paediatric cardiologist, whom we managed to see yesterday.

My daughter has a bicuspid aortic valve which basically means that she has 2 'flappers' instead of the normal 3. This is a fairly common condition on 1% to 2% of the population. It may affect her later in life but it's life as usual now, she must just go for regular scans. He is of the opinion that it should not affect our visa prospects, but we'll have to hope and see.

The health checks for both my wife and I are complete with no further requests, we are still waiting on an outcome on my son, but the agent recons that it takes a bit longer to finalise the results of children. We want to wait and see if any further info is requested on my daughter and we will then submit the actual Visa app.

The job offer did not come through as the practice will prefer that we have our visa first, perfectly understandable.

What an emotional roller coaster this process is! Not for sissies!

Have a good weekend all.

@Ta2Bryan,  good luck. I am sure medicals will be all clear.

Just checking did you do medicals before you completed the visa app and paid the the visa fee. I noticed they request a HAP number from the visa application.

@Anusha We were worried that my back op would affect our chances so elected to do the medicals first.

Quite a simple process, go to your ImmiAccount and fill in a MyHealth declaration, they then reply with request for certain test and your HAP number.

• Like 1