Implications of having a second child before/after 189 application

Leroy

Question

Hi All

We want to start our application for the 189 skilled VISA, but we also want to have a second child. 

What are the cost and time implications if:

1. We fall pregnant after the application is submitted (not granted)

2. We fall pregnant after the VISA has been granted and have baby in SA (not moved yet) 

I know that giving birth in Australia solves a lot of problems, however I would appreciate more clarity on what happens if the child is born in SA during the process.

Thank you in advance!

Leroy

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

What did you end up deciding? Our son was born after our PR was issued and applying for a new, separate visa for the baby is a HUGE hassle.

We are currently waiting for our 101 Child Visa to be issued - which can take up to 12 months!!

Hi TamTam

We also went back and forth on what is the best. We were thinking of having a second child at the time of the post. We got our 189 visas approved about 2 weeks ago (was really quick) so we are looking to have the second in AUS. In the end we decided that having the child in South Africa during the VISA process was going to be to much admin and it complicated our timelines. 

Sorry I know that doesn't really help your situation. I don't really have any good advice on this child visa :( 

Good luck and congratulations with your new boy!

@Leroy congratulations on receiving your grant.

We are also looking to have our second in Aus - having gone through this hassle once, we certainly don't want to do it again.