Keeping State Updated

FingersCrossed

Question

Hello everyone

How is everyone doing? Sorry for not being on this forum more - been a bit busy getting ready for our activation trip as well as getting everything done in the house so we can sell.

Need some advice please - we are going to activate our visa's in July this year with the plan to move over to Victoria end of next year. Do I need to let the Victoria government know of my plans or do I only need to get hold of them once we have officially moved to Australia to live?

Concerned about this line in my email from them:

"As per Victorian Government nomination conditions, you must keep the Skilled and Business Migration Program informed of your arrival date and address once you arrive in Australia.  Upon arrival you will be required to complete surveys over the course of your two year commitment to Victoria"

I have no problem dropping them a email message or phoning them - however in the same breath I dont want to waste their time if they dont really care about activation trips. I still have to December 2021 to MOVE there according to my Visa - so am I correct in saying that I should only get hold of them once we have officially moved there?

Thanks

FIngersCrossed

2 answers to this question

Vic is friendly, they take about 2 weeks to reply though.

I just email them in line with what they ask/specify and they usually just respond with acknowledgement that info received and file updated.

Simply email them updates you think appropriate, if they need additional info they will usually ask for it anyway.

• Like 1

Hi @FingersCrossed, i was quite grateful to find this post.... is this email a standard thing?  I got an email tonight from Immigration SA saying "Welcome to South Australia, immigration SA is pleased to have you here...." I got such a fright and immediately checked my vevo app, which thankfully shows I am still offshore; but that's my paranoid South African mindset I suppose.... my first thought was someone stole my identity and entered Australia on my visa ???

I am wondering if I need to let them know that we have not yet arrived or inform them of our expected arrival date?  The rest of the mail was about our commitment to the state in terms of keeping them informed of our movements and completing the surveys, etc as well as support offered to new migrants.