Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Just to make anyone who may be interested that the 3/5 year Temporary Parent Visa has been announced to commence on the 17th April 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Odendaal said:

Hi Ike, thanks for the response. So just to confirm, did you scan that certified copy and print it to include in the paper application? 

Thanks in advance

M

Hi M, all documents have to be “paper” so I think that you would have to give them the actual certified copies. I know they also have issues with who certifies the documents, not sure where one would see who can certify the documents. 

Last time I was in Aus I copied all my documents and got an Australian justice of piece to certify. I now have a full set in Aus. 

I waited a full year for my unabridged birth certificate, because of that I am still sitting in Africa.  If you are missing a document I would submit with the best “alternate”.  When you get the correct document submit a “change in curcumstance”. You then get you application in ASAP. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ike said:

I waited a full year for my unabridged birth certificate

@Ike I applied for the same but from the UK and their website said 6 months turnaround...ha what a joke. After 6 months I started emailing them at SA High Commission in London and managed to get a contact which was a relief...every week there was an excuse being told "email me again in 2 weeks time" then there was a 5 week strike with the diplomatic courier service...5 WEEKS! then after that, my contact went on 3 week holiday....eventually after 11 months I received it in the self addressed envelope I provided - when I took it out part of the perforated edge was torn and the certificate looked like it had been put in a washing machine on spin. I literally had to iron it flat! No jokes.  I still wrote back to my contact with a photo of the damaged certificate and said "I am due to renew my South African passport but after all this stress I have decided to just relinquish it" She didn't respond.

Edited by Maz

@MAZ  having a look at your profile. On the  6 Feb you were contacted for additional docs. Your application for a 173 was Oct 2015.  Is this correct. 

The automatic response from WA parents says :  processing June 2015 for both 143 and 173. 

18 hours ago, Ike said:

@MAZ  having a look at your profile. On the  6 Feb you were contacted for additional docs. Your application for a 173 was Oct 2015.  Is this correct. 

The automatic response from WA parents says :  processing June 2015 for both 143 and 173. 

For 143 applicants of June 2015 Invitations to commence preparation were sent out in Apr 2018. However they are being assessed just now March 2019 (excruciatingly long wait). Processing refers to final assessment stage just preceding grant.

Edited by SDS

Does anyone know how long the interview (phone call) for Aos from Centrelink is? What kind of questions do they ask? Thank you.

1 hour ago, bernadette24 said:

Does anyone know how long the interview (phone call) for Aos from Centrelink is? What kind of questions do they ask? Thank you.

They did not ask my son any questions. Just explained to him that AOS is a great responsibility and wanted to make sure he understood what it involved to be an Assurer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

The officer asked me just one question How I was related to the applicant.  Then proceeded to read a notice of my responsibilities as sponsor. At the end of the call they also told me what to expect in the next stage i.e. AoS acceptance letter.  

Who completed application Form 47PA on their own recently and how difficult was it? Furthermore when submitting, is it required to have a cover letter stating why you applied for the visa, how did you comply with the Balance of family test etc. I know that agents submitting visa applications use a cover letter, hence the question. Any info would be appreciated as I do not have the funds to appoint an agent.

Looking at the attached image, Form 47A has this question. If you child is married and her husband has an income but she does not work, must you complete this question?

member of family details.jpg

@Geronimo

I did the application by myself and you can do it if you just read carefully what is asked. Agreed, there were times that I also had doubts by what was meant in some of the questions, but after thinking about it and re-reading it, I eventually understood it. The Aussies are very precise in their explanations and questions. Just down to the point.

It seems that Form 47PA has not changed much since we applied a few years ago.

About Question 26:  First note that they ask about the family unit. Not your daughter. Her family unit (including her husband).

Second, note that they talk about financial support, not income. They are concerned that your sponsor child's household might be living off the government. If they don't have a job and income, it's no use of going forward with the application, because they should be able to support YOU when you move to Australia. Be your Assurer. Not the government.

So just don't answer that question. It's N/A

At least that is how I saw it and what I did. If someone on the forum disagrees, please correct me.

Dirkz,

Thanks for your response. What is confusing is that Form 47A is about information of members of my family unit.  My daughter is a member of my family unit if I understand the form correctly. Therefore I need to complete it with her details. This is where Q26 comes in. She is not working but her husband does. Neither one of them is sponsoring us. Her husband supports her.

@Geronimo

Sorry I see now that you are enquiring about Form 47A. 

That family unit you’re referring to includes members who are migrating with you on your 143 visa, like a dependant child over 18 years of age. 

If that is the case then fill in Form 47A. Otherwise you need to only do Form 47PA

@Geronimo

Yes I got ya. Note the heading of the form: ...dependent....  We understood it as any member of the family unit that was dependent on us, whether migrating with us or not.

We didn't have any dependent children or family members over 18 left in South Africa who were migrating with us to Australia. All our children were self sufficient and already in Australia and elsewhere. I did find that Form 47A in my Aus Immi file but we never filled it in due to above explanation.  

See Part H on Form 47PA. If you have anything to fill in there (Dependent children or other dependents) You MUST ALSO fill in Form 47A. Otherwise NOT.

There is enough other info they get from you pertaining to your children and family members. Most of it will be in Form 80 which you will probably be required to fill in for both you and your wife at the end. 

So just keep a filled-in copy of Form 47PA so you can give the same correct info for Form 80 when asked. Some info will overlap between the forms.

Note: Remember to let them know when you get a new passport, when you change your residing address and when the info on Form 47PA changes. Like our parents died during our waiting time, my youngest son got married, and we moved to a rental townhouse when we sold our house. Also another grand child was born.

Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details

Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances (like children getting married, new members added to the family - grand children born, parent/s die, etc)

Hope this helps 😊

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 8:38 PM, bernadette24 said:

How long does it take to receive the police clearance certificate?

@Bernadette it takes between 8 / 10 weeks. It seems that there have been some changes. You have to go to a police station in the area you live in ( they asked for my proof of address ) - you can no longer send the documents yourself to Pretoria via your own courier. It has to be done by the police station. So they send it to Pretoria - after a few weeks you will receive an SMS with a reference number and then when ready Pretoria will send back to the police station who will contact you to fetch from them.  

On 3/6/2019 at 8:38 PM, bernadette24 said:

How long does it take to receive the police clearance certificate?

@bernadette24 You can also go to a police station in the area in which you work. 

I went close to home (northern subs, Cape Town) and my husband to Rondebosch SAPS. 

At Rondebosch, you can pay an extra fee to get it sent via courier by them. My husband got his PCC back within 10 days, and mine was ... well, longer. It took approximately 6-7 weeks for mine to return.  

On 3/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, Roxanne said:

@bernadette24 You can also go to a police station in the area in which you work. 

I went close to home (northern subs, Cape Town) and my husband to Rondebosch SAPS. 

At Rondebosch, you can pay an extra fee to get it sent via courier by them. My husband got his PCC back within 10 days, and mine was ... well, longer. It took approximately 6-7 weeks for mine to return.  

We applied 3 weeks ago in Durbanville police station so hopefully it wont be too long

JTN,NAZMEEN,KEVIN-LEE any news ,any dates to share. No que updates for a while now.

32 minutes ago, JIG said:

JTN,NAZMEEN,KEVIN-LEE any news ,any dates to share. No que updates for a while now.

@JIG, no nothing yet, just waiting patiently.

Nazmeen had docs requested on Feb and applied after you JTN (17 Aug.2015)