Best way to get Police Clearance

brotobunz

Question

Does anybody have a suggested way to get police clearance.?

We did our prints this weekend and have the documents ready to go, but don't feel comfortable just posting it off to Pretoria? Is the a way to do it using a courier who will drop off and collect them. At this stage trying to save a few rand using the postal service, then waiting for the certificate to possibly pitch up in my post box in an undetermined amount of time feels dodgy , I would rather pay somebody to do do the delivering and collecting . I also have to do a Botswana police clearance and feel the same way? Has anybody used a courier instead? and if so , who and how did it go? - Also what was the time line.?

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Try Postnet Pretoria CBD. I found this post on Facebook the other day:

We charge R300 to submit the applications(family of up to 4) and R300 to collect the Certificates. To courier to you is R99 to a PostNet, R185 to a Physical address in a Main Centre, R245 to a Physical address in Regional Centre and R575 for international courier.

Get your fingerprints taken at any Police Station and send the fingerprints, a copy of your ID/Passport, Copy of your Marriage Certificate(if you are female to ensure that your maiden neme also appear on your Certificate) and Proof of payment of the R96 per Certificate to:

PostNet Pretoria CBD
Shop 10, Bothongo Plaza West
271 Francis Baard (Schoeman) Street
PRETORIA
South Africa

Attention: Christa Ferreira Tel: +27 (0)12 320 4346

Please also send a follow up e-mail to alert us to expect your parcel to ptacbd@postnet.co.za

When we receive your parcel, we submit the application to the Criminal Record Centre and keep track of the progress. When your certificate(s) are ready we collect them, scan them in and send it to you for verification. Please Check everything carefully.

When you confirmed that everyting is correct please send us your return address. It is very important to also give us a contact name and telephone number.

We then send your certificate(s) to you.

Agreed, we used Postnet CBD in Pta and we had our PCC finalized in 1 week.

Excellent service!

Cost is about R699 for 2 people excl the R96 per person to do fingerprints.

Just use your nearest PostNet. We have used a local courier once and PostNet twice. PostNet was cheaper, although not cheap. Most importantly, they were very familiar with the process.

One thing to note is that we found the Police centre that processes PCCs does not reliably communicate collection-readiness via SMS. Use this web page to check if you PCC is ready, and then notify PostNet to collect and return it.

Edited by Kevin
I added "your nearest", as it isn't necessary to make arrangements with a distant PostNet branch.