On the fence

PB111

Hi to everyone on the forum

Like most contributors, I've been an avid stalker of saaustralia... I initially joined sometime in 2014, but like the title of this post says, I've been on the fence about carrying through with the visa and migration process. While I'm typing this, a part of me is still anxious, and somewhat unsure whether its the best option.

Hubby and I had no desire to leave SA, until our princess arrived - who, in her opinion, is a very grown up person stuck in a 6 year old body :D. Since her birth its been agonising to listen to the news, in particular the violence and aggression visible towards children.

So hi again, and thank you to everyone I've been stalking till now. The information has been invaluable and I've especially loved the "settling in" stories and landing journal type posts. We would never have gotten to the point where we feel ready to start the 189 process (without agent) if it wasn't for this forum.

• Like 2

I am glad we could be a help in the journey so far.  Looking forward to hearing how your story progresses. 

• Like 1

Welcome for joining the forum... we all trust that your journey will be a smooth one. Been here 20 years, best thing we ever did!,,,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you've got kids...raise them here. ;) The sooner you come over the easier it is for you.

But if you are unsure, then I would suggest that you have a good solid think about this. Take out pen and notepad, don't laugh... and jot down your thoughts. Write down all the things you want in your life to be happy, and that you want in your child's life for her to be happy. Be specific, don't write vague things like 'a good life', write something like "the freedom to walk around my suburb/park without fear for my safety" or "my mother's presence to help raise my daughter"... Then match the things on your list with the countries where they fit. Do this as a family. After this exercise your mind should be clearer. And once you have the answer, stick it out, whatever you choose in the end.

• Like 6

I think "Red Panda"s advice is well worth noting.

The world isn't getting a safer place. You just have to look at the news each evening to figure that out, with the shifting dynamics of the Super powers and the demographics in life playing themselves out.

The opportunities you give your child is worth considering.

Once you make a decision, think about that decision from several angles and then determine a plan to fulfil things.

When you have made a plan, stick to it. See it through. Then you can enjoy the fruits of your plan, whether it's exercising each and every day or learning to play the piano or learning a new language.

Everything in life is a bit of a struggle at first, but if you stick to the plan, finally you will come through and be able to enjoy life all the more.

Good luck with your decisions.

• Like 2

Thank you for the advice and support everyone. We will definitely take it to heart and start writing that list. We are already leaning toward making the move but it will be a great way to confirm if we're on the right track, or not.

• Like 1