Immigration Agents

Angelasmash

Question

Hi

I am looking into immigrating to Australia and would like to find a good agent to help us.

Can anyone recommend a great one that they have used and that has secured a visa for them?

Many thanks

12 answers to this question

Hi there,

I'd only use @SD_MOA for this process.

Edited by Mara
'Only' is a strong word, there are other agents on this forum that also come highly recommended.

@Angelasmash welcome to our corner of the world, hope your journey is a smooth one. Now to answer your question:

The two registered agents that help with everyday advice on this forum, both come highly recommended. They have been on the forum for some time and we have never heard a bad word about either of them.

@SD_MOA Stephen Dickson of Migration Outcomes Australia (as mentioned by @Enigma above

AND

@TeeTMI Tee Taylor of Taylor Made Immigration

There are other registered agents that also visit here from time to time, I am sure others will list some of them as well.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 3

I agree with Mara - we have quite a few amazing migration agents on this forum who have not only assisted many forumites to obtain visas but who have helped countless forumites with free advice on this forum.  To single out only one, would be unfair. 

• Like 1

Recommendations are very important but be aware that ALL registered migration agents are bound by the Migration Agents Registration Authority code of conduct.

Under the Code you have a range of obligations covering:

• your interactions with your clients
  • your fees and charges, record keeping and financial management
  • your responsibilities toward other agents
  • any employees you may have
  • the requirement that you respond if a complaint is made against you   

11 hours ago, Angelasmash said:

Hi

I am looking into immigrating to Australia and would like to find a good agent to help us.

Can anyone recommend a great one that they have used and that has secured a visa for them?

Many thanks

Hi @Angelasmash - Welcome.

I used migrate2oz (http://www.migrate2oz.co.za/) who are based in Johannesburg and Australia and are registered with MARA. I found the team fantastic and i know that a few people here have used them with excellent results.

As mentioned earlier, there are also some great agents on this forum however I personally found it great to be able to pick up the phone and call migrate2oz any time I had a question or worry.

That said, there have also been some people who have done the visa application themselves and received their grants. This has saved them money however it depends on the complexity of your case (partner skills, children, and your occupation etc)

What industry are you in?  You could always send your CV to a MARA registered agent and let them do a assessment for you.

Good luck with the process and all the best.

• Like 2

We also used  Migrate2oz  and the most painful part of the process was me trying to get enough points in the English test :P

Reuven and his team is really very efficient and know their stuff. But as said above it really depends on the case complexity, ours were pretty straightforward.

Edited by HopefulJo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AlanRB said:

Recommendations are very important but be aware that ALL registered migration agents are bound by the Migration Agents Registration Authority code of conduct.

Under the Code you have a range of obligations covering:

• your interactions with your clients
  • your fees and charges, record keeping and financial management
  • your responsibilities toward other agents
  • any employees you may have
  • the requirement that you respond if a complaint is made against you   

All the migration agents with approval to offer their services on our site are registered agents with an excellent track record and who's come a long way with the forum and it's members.   Of course, everyone should still do their own due dilligence.  

It's one of those cases where we are not denying that there are many good agents out there, that we probably don't even know about. All we we're saying is that the most often praised agents on this forum are:
Stephen Dickson, Tee Taylor, and Reuven. (and we recommend them, so they are probably the most used, so it's a positive feedback loop, yes)

If anyone has used the services of other agents, and have had good (or bad experiences) they are welcome to share them. And the new guys can do their own reading and make enquiries.

It is true that you should absolutely not go near any agents that are not registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA, not to be confused with our forumite @Mara) This prevents 'fly by night' behaviour. But even if they are registered it is not a guarantee that you will get good service, it's only a guarantee that you will be able to take legal action against them if they acted unprofessionally. (Nobody wants to be the case that exposes a bad agent.)

So: Check that they are registered agents
      Check that you get recommendations from people you trust
      Interview the agents, or go to an assessment/consultation, preferably after you did some of your own homework
And after all of that, if you like them they are probably fine.

Oh, and don't ever go for a payment option where you pay in full up front. Most agents will accept a schedule of payments based on reaching certain milestones.
Also, nobody can guarantee you a visa. Nobody. Your application still goes to the Australian authorities, and they assess it based on the merit of the application.

Good luck on your journey, it's a tough one, but worth it! :D 

• Like 3

Sure, only is strong. It is my opinion that @SD_MOA is a great choice based on my personal experience interacting with him over the last 457 days with an end result of a successful grant as the OP requested.

Edited by Enigma
Added @ link again
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Riekie said:

I agree with Mara - we have quite a few amazing migration agents on this forum who have not only assisted many forumites to obtain visas but who have helped countless forumites with free advice on this forum.  To single out only one, would be unfair. 

Please dont take this the wrong way (anyone).  I can only recommend those who I've had personal experience with.  So not unfair.  That is why it's a forum.  Everyone is entitled to share who they had a great experience with.  I cannot state give x a try and also heard y & z are good?  What advice is that.

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I don't mean to signal you out (I was though :)) but I can only recommend those who I've had personal experience with.  So not unfair.  That is why it's a forum.  Everyone is entitled to share who they had a great experience with.  I cannot state give x a try and also heard y & z are good?  What advice is that.

Oi, @Enigma, relax... ;) If you had an absolutely amazing experience with one migration agent, then you are 100% allowed to say that the experience was amazing, and you would personally go for the same agent any time. No problem.

Some of us have been on the forum for so long that we have read the good remarks (like your own) that have come back from many people. We know that if you type in a search for migration agent recommendations on this forum the results given in thread after thread will be, in any order, the three people we mention. There are other agents that have also been mentioned on the forum occasionally, just less frequently. It doesn't mean they gave bad service, just that we don't know them, and don't feel comfortable vouching for them.

Even though I myself didn't use any agent, I'd be happy to recommend one of these three, because I have yet to read a single bad comment from all the people who have used their services. And I know some of the people who run the forum, they have no vested interest in recommending one thing or another. They serve the community. So if someone did say something bad, we would know.

This is not a 'fighty' forum like so many other online spaces. Chances are good nobody is targeting anybody in their comments, only trying to help. Likely @Riekie was referring to her own lack of singling out one of the agents to recommend, rather saying that she has heard equally good things about all of them.

• Like 3