Being decision ready

wonderer

Can anyone help shed some light on whether we are on the right track / think this is a good idea?

We have submitted our EOI last month and waiting for an ITA. I would like to be decision ready, so this is our strategy:

We applied with only 60 points (Which include language, age, qualification) I thought I'd rather wait a bit longer for an invite, than try to prove experience in a private practice, as that felt like a mountain of paperwork, and the 60 points we have are all proved with a single paper per category. If after a few rounds we are not invited, I'll reconsider to include experience points.

So I'm thinking that if we have everything together, so that we are decision ready, with those points it should be very straight forward.

So we have filled in form 80 (sounds like some people also recommend form 1221), applied for PCC's and want to start the "My Health Declaration".  This is where I would like the advice. Someone said: "DON'T open a separate  immi-account until asked for medicals as you need the number. I think however that one can do the medicals beforehand through the immi-account and link the numbers/accounts afterwards??

So if we get an invite and we have medicals, PCC, form 80 (and 1221) and copies of the skills assessment, passport and Pearson's, chances look good for a direct grant, which might make up the time we lost waiting for an invite on 60 points.

Edited by wonderer

I'm also submitting with the sub 60... But people say that as long as you make the requirements, you should have no problem with the visa. This is unsettling though <_<

• Like 1

We submitted our EOI yesterday with 55 + 5 (state sponsorship) points. Hoping the general thinking that if you follow the rules, all will work out, applies.

@wonderer .... Curious as to how long you waited between submitting the EOI and receiving an invite? Like having benchmarks to manage my patience ..... So if I know that in general it takes 2 weeks, then I am able to handle any doubts up to 3 weeks. Odd, I know, but this is how I try stay calm about the waiting.

• Like 1

Hi Husky,

We submitted 29 Aug and received invite 9 Sept, it feels like with every step ones anxiety increases exponentially. I keep on thinking, if we manage this hurdle I would feel better, but the closer it gets, the more difficult my breathing gets. We are apparently not so good with change...:rolleyes: yes and uncertainty.

I also hope that I understand the rules correctly and we'll negotiate this expensive exercise successfully. I just submitted our My health declaration.

What profession are you applying under?

Hi @wonderer

That is quite quick. Gives me some hope. My goodness, I hear you on the emotional roller coaster and the cost. We are applying with my husband as the main applicant under the occupation Engineering Technologist (he is an electronic engineer). Also got points for my occupation as an HR adviser. Are you a doctor?

Good luck with the next steps and keep sharing your experiences - I find the writing and sharing cathartic.

Hi @Husky,

To me it sounds like @wonderer is applying via the 189 stream. You need to wait for State Sponsorship and then only do you receive an invite. Once State Sponsorship is approved you receive an invite automatically within a few days, but that State Sponsorship is what we wait for, when the invitation is what you wait for on the 189 stream.

Good luck with your State Sponsorship, I have 70 points and have been waiting for 37 days so far. My agent said not to expect it earlier than 8 weeks, the Victoria website says it takes 12 weeks.

• Like 1

@JonathanR

Thank you for the clarity. Can't believe I did not get that. Done in depth research, regularly read this forum and have an agent, and still did not know that was how it worked. I thought we got the state to say yes, we "want"you, then we waited for the DIBP to give an ITA, then PCCS and medicals, then hopefully visa grant. 

The way you have explained is actually better because it cuts down the time. I thought we still had a 12 week max wait for state approval plus an additional indefinite time frame wait for the ITA, then another indefinite time frame wait for the visa approval ahead. actually quite chuffed :D

Are you tracking things on the https://myimmitracker.com/ website? I see that there are far more state approvals from NSW than Victoria. Curious as to why that is?

Thinking of starting a September 189/190 conversation so we can keep encouraging one another. What do you all think?

Hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly.

• Like 1

Hi @Husky,

I found it very confusing because there seems to be so much written about how the processes are so similar, the only difference being state sponsorship, however there is another difference which I could not get my head around, and that was the timings. Everyone pushes to get their EOI loaded before one of the two windows but it seems that SS applications are processed at undefined intervals, it is so difficult to track because even the results on the border.gov.au website only give totals invited and not a specific date when those invites were sent out. The other difference is our Invite is automatic, it is only SS that we wait for.

I am tracking my SS on myimmitracker as Goodbyte, so you will see my record there on the EOI 190, however even that website doesn't allow us to get good data because people don't update it and also there are a total of about 500 Victoria applications over the last two years but the border website cites that around 200 odd people are invited monthly. I wish there was a website you could go to that simply said something like "You are number xyz in the queue and it will take approximately 3 weeks to get to the front". It's like the hour glass on your PC, it could take an hour for the web page to load but as long as you have the hour glass to watch, its all good. :-)

Someone started a September 189/190 conversation but I refrain from adding myself to the list because they tend to be visa applications rather than SS applications. I guess we are waiting so could still glean encouragement from them but just reading about other's successes is enough for me at this stage. Once I get SS and do the visa app, then I will be all in cause that is the goal line.

Anyway, here's to the wait 

• Like 1

Hi @JonathanR

Love the "you are number xyz in the queue" idea. Perhaps some bright IT whizz could design an app :lol:

Good luck. Convinced you will get your invite soon!

1 hour ago, JonathanR said:

Someone started a September 189/190 conversation but I refrain from adding myself to the list because they tend to be visa applications rather than SS applications. I

The more the merrier I hope....

Thought we might lodge in Sept, but perhaps only Oct

• 1 month later...

@JonathanR

Just got positive State Sponsorship email from Victoria. Yay. 33 days. Hoping ITA will come through before the end of the week. Any news from your side?

• Like 1

Nice, congrats @Husky.. I am waiting on Victoria as well.. was it 33 days from submission or from their acknowledgment? .. as I got my ack about 2 weeks after submitting...

I suck at waiting :angry:

Thanks guys. 

@Bdupreez

Using an agent so we didn't receive acknowledgement. 33 days was from submission. You are not alone ... I have an enormous skills gap when it comes to patience. Good luck.

@Husky No luck from my side yet, desperately hoping though :-) Huge congrats for you though.

@JonathanR

Oh man, what a bummer. Understand the frustration.

Sending positive energy :D

• 1 month later...

..spoiler alert: Bio section says it all! :lol: