Excited much | CV/Resume

Geite

Thanks @rozellem :) 

I have already maxed my LinkedIn profile as i use it a lot here in SA but my wife doesnt use hers a lot so been sorting hers out and getting it up to standard :) 

Its hard because neither of us look like we can get work from here in our fields at this stage so we will have to settle for anything at this stage... I need to do a bridging course/diploma before i can work in the financial industry and that will cost R20k and my wife needs various things done to be able to teach and that can only be done in Australia so i think im going to have to try secure something for now. The scary thing is all i know is finance and i have only ever worked in finance and that 12 years experiece :( 

For now i am going to try get our CV's to the "Aussie" standards first and then get in touch with various recruitment agents and see what they suggest :) 

@Deezo

The ACS is probably the biggest legit scam I have seen in years. Outside of the qualification I got via them, no client has ever asked me for my membership, if I am a member of ANY society etc. When I have offered my membership to client in the hopes of bolstering my profile, the clients merely shrugged the responses varied from "So what to, we dont really regard them at all"

I did not renew my membership this year. It is tax deductable though, its only saving grace. Total and utter waste of time and effort. Sorry but I would rather be honest. B)

• Like 1

@ChrisH

This is a bit of a read, but WELL worth it. This was my experience with the ACS and gives the context for my negative remarks.

Cheers

Edited by SurferMan

Thanks @SurferMan but it doesnt apply to me ;) 

I was just curious as to what it was.

Im in the Financial Industry

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This thread has been very helpful - just sent off emails for quotes from both Roland and Roz.