Pearson PTE results turn around time?

MartineM

Sorry to hear @HopefulJo, I've realised that the Pearson test focuses more on technicalities than anything else as it is marked by a computer.  You could speak perfectly but if there is something the AI doesn't like it will affect your score negatively.

1 hour ago, MartineM said:

Hi @Hoping4Oz,

So sorry to hear that.

Yes, best to try IELTS then. I really hope this is it and trust that you will succeed. Dont lose hope, I know its hard not to.

Just keep your chin up and try again, like you have been doing. 

It's going to happen! Just dont give up! 

Fear paralyzes you but keeping the faith will keep you focussed on your goal. 

Martine 

Thank you for the support Martine :)

• 2 weeks later...

@HopefulJo

I was wondering how it has been going with the English test. I wrote IELTS already and missed the perfect score by 0.5 in writing, we are now going the PTE route.

I am so nervous about this whole thing, don't think my poor soul will survive another bad English test report and we are VERY eager to get things going here, everything else is already in place for the Expression of Interest.

46 minutes ago, Minime said:

@HopefulJo

I was wondering how it has been going with the English test. I wrote IELTS already and missed the perfect score by 0.5 in writing, we are now going the PTE route.

I am so nervous about this whole thing, don't think my poor soul will survive another bad English test report and we are VERY eager to get things going here, everything else is already in place for the Expression of Interest.

Hi Minime

Oh no, so sorry hear. Good luck with the PTE. Will be holding thumbs for you. It is really an incredibly frustrating process

Jo

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote yesterday (Sunday) and got my results this morning! Scored 90 in all four categories :D

I'm Afrikaans so I was worried about the speaking section and whether my accent will affect my score. I just want to let other Afrikaans people know not to worry about silly things like accents. I met an English speaking lady at the venue yesterday and she said she failed the test 3 times before based on the speaking section. She sounded perfectly fine to me when we were talking.

ChrisH gave me a really good tip and I would like to emphasize this as I think it helped me with the speaking section. The mics are pretty crappy at the testing center so adjust it so that it is as far as possible from your mouth so that it doesn't pick up your breathing and any other funny noises it might be sensitive to. You get a chance to record yourself and play back the sound before the test begin. Read a few sentences off of the screen and listen back to the recording to make sure the recording sounds okay and your breathing is not overbearing. 

• Like 2