SAAustralia Meet-up SATURDAY 18 June 2016 @ 12h00

Mara

Due to the weather I think an indoor venue is our best bet for lunch, especially if their are kiddies. Below is a link to the website of the Hotel. We have been there before and found it to be quite acceptable. They have space for us, and there is an indoor playroom for the children. It is also easy to handle, you can sit down at the table, check the menu, then go to the counter to order what you would like, you pay for it at the same time, and they give you a buzzer, which will go off, for you to go and collect your meal. So no splitting of bills or anything. The bar is separate and they do not run a tab for you, so you will either make many credit card payments that day, or you can ensure that you have cash to pay for the bar, that is drinks and soft drinks. Soft drinks, if there are a few of you in the family drinking the same drink, then ask for a jug.... makes it a lot cheaper. They also have childrens meals. If you go to their website, you can look at the menu.

http://www.bundoorahotel.com.au/

12h00 at Bundoora Hotel in Plenty Road, Bundoora

Please post in this thread if you plan to attend, with numbers Adults and Children. Then please PM your mobile number and email address to me, just in case something happens at the last minute that we have to contact you.

I HAVE TO LET THE HOTEL KNOW WHAT THE NUMBERS ARE BY THE 16TH JUNE, SO PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

Attending:        15 adults     00 teenagers     02 children     00 kiddies

Lovell & Mara : 2 adults (ancients)

Andres & Liza : 2 adults (debating!)

Hennie & Linda : 2 adults

Mercia & Allan Hutchison : 2 adults

Gaetano & Angelique & Mom ; 3 adults and 2 children

Rob & Tee : 2 adults

Charmaine Pienaar : 1 adult

Melissa Odendaal  : 1 adult

Edited by Mara
Updated!
  • Like 2

we would have loved to attend as its something we have wanted to do for sometime is meet up with all the new families. At this stage we are not sure if we will still be in Melbourne as my husband has had an offer of a senior role in Perth which we are considering. We are just waiting for the contract. My husband would start on 6th June. Very sad if we leave Melbourne as I have grown to love it here. ? But we did start out in Perth and we have lots family /friends there.

Edited by Guest

Attending:

Lovell & Mara : 2 adults

Andries & Liza : 2 adults (well, that's debatable) 

3 hours ago, emmayenkanna said:

we would have loved to attend as its something we have wanted to do for sometime is meet up with all the new families. At this stage we are not sure if we will still be in Melbourne as my husband has had an offer of a senior role in Perth which we are considering. We are just waiting for the contract. My husband would start on 6th June. Very sad if we leave Melbourne as I have grown to love it here. ? But we did start out in Perth and we have lots family /friends there.

Oh...I'm glad for the opportunity for you. But sorry to hear you're leaving Melbourne.

@RedPandaif it ends up being just us....then we will party at home.... no need to go to a hotel!

I thought we would get more replies, as so many have asked, but they must still be sleeping.

@emmayenkanna...so sorry to hear you may be leaving....

• Like 1

We are interested :)

Timing is good too, as my exam is on the 14th, so will be free from study commitments that weekend - wohoo!

Emma & Neil - 2 adults

@emmayenkanna - wow, that is great news re the offer, but sorry to hear that after making Melbourne home after all the ups and downs, it's not long term for you

@Mara If I remember correctly then your kitchen/dining room can host about 6-8 people easily? (Hehehe...I remember where the good TimTams come from...ihm-hmmm! I don't think the hotel has TimTams...that'll be BYO, if they allow it.) :jester: 

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting some of the other members I've only encountered online.

Edited by Mara
RedPanda, the table can seat 12 eaily and 14 at a pinch!
  • Like 2

Hello,

I'm guessing the 2015 is a typo? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Charne said:

Hello,

I'm guessing the 2015 is a typo? 

Hahahaha!!! I think that would explain the quiet! :lol:

Edited by Mara
I just realised the typo as well, will correct it immediately!
  • Like 2

Hennie and I would also be there, we might be more from Ballarat, just want to confirm with a few friends. Looking forward to catch up Mara. 

Linda

@Oosiehope you make it... will be good to catch up!

@emmayenkanna I do hope hubby gets the job, if it is what he wants, just wish you guys can make it to the get-together first... he promised to introduce you and we still look forward to that!

@Charnegood spot about the date... thanks for that, I have changed it now... may well be why everyone thought it was just an old thread!

Edited by Mara

Angelique and Gaetano and mini me's, and my mom who is visiting then - 3 adults and 2 kids (3 and 8). :) woop woop!

Small world Mara - Carol knows someone that she met in Canberra that used to work at UNISA with my mother. So we have spoken over the phone via this mutual connection, and she mentioned living in Sunbury, so I said she HAS to meet you. Then she said you are having lunch that same day! Had a laugh about that.

PS

Mara we will start driving on the 17th to make it. :P at least its not Sunbury, otherwise we would have had to start driving on the 16th! :ph34r:

Edited by Mel-B

@Mel-B Oh dear, you do crack me up.... you must drive awfully slowly....... So glad you can make it and yes, Carol and I have become good friends, we both seem to have a warped sense of humour and do not have to tread on eggs around each other, always a bonus!

• Like 1

I am just bumping this in view again..... come on Melburnians, where are you? there have been so many that have asked for this, and now you have all disappeared........ at this rate we are definitely lacking people....... come on, I dare you to attend, and meet some of the people you know from the forum.....

Hahahaha....oh dear.

@RedPanda I agree, everyone seems to have disappeared into the woodwork....

Now that I am back from the USA.... I will start working on those, that do not log on too often, see if I can convince them to attend...

• Like 1

It is the first time I have noticed the thread (I must have been one of those sleeping - or maybe it was the 2015 from earlier).

Welcome back from the USA Mara.

Will check with the love of my life tonight and come back and update.  

@TeeTMI I had wondered what had happened to you. Thanks for the welcome back, I am very happy to be home... I hate those long flights, all couped up and nothing to do... I am not a movie watcher!

Tell the love of your life, it is mandatory.... we have to have Sunbury well represented.... against all those Eastern Folk :ilikeit:

He's up for it - we are on. 

2 more adults to your list (although if there are more people that does mean RedPanda and I don't get to raid your pantry).

Looking forward to meeting some new and previous faces.

Tee

• Like 2

@TeeTMI Hi Tee, that is great news..... the pantry is still available, depends on the numbers....

3 minutes ago, Mara said:

@TeeTMI Hi Tee, that is great news..... the pantry is still available, depends on the numbers....

Oh?

Ok, folks, these meets are just dreadful. Nobody really likes them...perhaps it's better to stay home.... :lol:  *Panda checks to see who falls for it*

• Like 1

@RedPanda   Hehe.... you are definitely stirring...:ilikeit: should I be checking what you would like for lunch that day.... "at my table"?

23 hours ago, Mara said:

@RedPanda   Hehe.... you are definitely stirring...:ilikeit: should I be checking what you would like for lunch that day.... "at my table"?

Uhm... light, I mean white chocolate and strawberry, TimTams for tea/starter, then a healthy balance of original and double coated TimTams for the main course, followed by chewy caramel centred TimTams with coffee for dessert. Hmm...sound about right? :P

Actually, we are omnomnomnivores, and will eat most things, in good company. ;) So no vegan or gluten free requirements for us.

• Like 2

• Mara unpinned this topic