Off to Brisbane

Cuandv

So I guess I have to start this journal thing. Seen that this is the first journal I have written, I don't expect "Author" quality and 10/10 grammar.

Also, Quite a bit has happened already so I will need to sit tonight and start from the beginning and write.

Looking at the other blogs, I didn't see much regards people going over on a 457 visa. I am hoping, with this journal, to help in this regard :)

Oh well, lets see how this goes from tonight and would appreciate questions, comments and stories about what we shouldn't be doing.

• Like 2

Welcome!

Actually quite a few of us have made the journey on the 457, time flies though and a lot of forumites move on once they have settled in Australia.  The regulations change regularly and each scenario is different, so you may find a lot of responses like "when we submitted our application this or that was / wasn't required". 

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

It all started with the feeling of "we have to get out of here", better life for my kids etc.

It turned into an interview with my same company in Australia, and then an offer of employment.

The process started beginning February, and it is still going on now.

My company is sponsoring me and my family on a 457 visa to get across to aus and the rush for getting documents together started.

with the sponsorship been lodged on the 30 March and I am still waiting for sponsorship approval to date has made things a little tough. We were told it would be a quick process, and much to my disagreement because of reading what others have experienced on this forum, here we still wait. I signed a contract of employment starting 1 June, clearly this won't be happening.

we put our house on sale expecting to wait awhile until a buyer came around, 2 days later the first couple walked in and put down a cash offer 2 days later. House sold in 4 days.

we have to be out at the end of June.

so effectively, we have no house, no visa, don't want to sell my household goods in case visa doesn't go well....so timing is a bit of a problem at the moment.

as soon as sponsorship gets approved, then the nomination and visa app will be lodged. I am guessing that 4-6 weeks after this will be a good time to expect visa grant?

i will continue writing here as the time goes on. 

Appreciate all your experiences

As I understand it, your company is not currently registered as a 457 sponsor? So you are waiting for them to be approved - Is that correct?

Wow Cuandv in a way you are so lucky your house sold so quickly - I am dreading selling our house. But it must be quite daunting having it sold but with no visa yet. I hope it come through quickly.

The Australian authorities come back and requested further documents for the sponsorship which were supplied and now we back to the waiting game.

I have seen there are a few people that ask in the forums what is supplied for a 457 visa in terms of documents. I must admit, I got everything I had in terms of certificates, birth certs, marriage certs, passports etc and got them certified.

We had to apply for passports for my wife and kids at home affairs. This proved to be painless.

I also had to apply fro unabridged birth certs for my kids as well. The one certificate they printed immediately as it was on the system, the other one I had to wait for. I waited for 4 weeks and started to get worried, so I went onto the home affairs website, found the email addresses for contact and emailed the minister and the 2 other addresses on there and basically explained the situation and if there was any way I could get this certificate expedited. I didn't expect much to come from that, but literally 2 hours later I received an email reply saying that it would be sorted immediately. An hour later I received an sms saying that the certificate was ready for collection. WOW.

Now I am waiting for my unabridged marriage cert. I don't need this for the 457 visa, but I will need it for the pr conversion in 2 years.

Trying to get all the documents I can done while we are still in SA.

I haven't done anything regards the police clearance. Apparently its not needed for 457, but the authorities could very well ask for it.

Hi Cuandv

My Migration Agent requested that we should have PCC with application, as it is a requirement for 457.

Off to Brisbane

My timeline 457

Nomination submitted: 24/3/2016

Visa application lodged: 12/4/2016

Nomination approved: 12/05/2016

Visa application: Waiting (seems CO is not yet assigned.)

Edited by SA2QLD

@SA2QLD police clearance is not a requirement for the 457. However they can request it if want. If you check out the immigration website, it is not a requirement.

i think it probably is a good idea though to save time in case they do ask for it then you waste more time.

i am hoping they don't ask for mine, but if they do, then I have a contact which I can get this done in 3 days. Pricey...yes, but convenient.