So . . . . Who's Coming to Adelaide in 2016??

Bob

The Title just about says it all.

Living in the beautiful Adelaide Hills, where the pace of life is relaxed and easy, I'm just wondering who is actually coming to this great part of Australia in the New Year???

• Like 1

Hi Bob,

We are coming for our 3rd LSD trip in March 2016.Previously it has been for holiday, but this time round we will be looking seriously at schools,place to settle ,business ,etc .Depending on properties sold in RSA and business opportunities in Adelaide we will move during or at the latest Dec 2016.

We Love Adelaide Hills, but where we settle will mainly depend on our boys' schools.

We currently live on the outskirts of Pretoria, where you still hear jackal at night and see lots of game around, so we wouldn't want to live in the city.

We look forward to living in your GREAT part of the world !

• Like 1

Hi Bob

We landed in Adelaide 3 weeks ago.

We love it already! 

Currently staying with family in the hills but move closer to the city soon to housesit for more family while they are away.

Hi Bob,

We haven't booked any flights yet, but will probably be over by September this year. We also still have to decide between Perth and Adelaide, but at this point, we are leaning heavily towards Adelaide. Lots of decisions to be made!

Hi Bob

we are landing on 8th of Feb and then we're doing a roadtrip from Sydney down to Adelaide.  Looking at Hallett Cove.

Hi Bob,

We landing on 28 Jan and going to the Hills! Living with Family for a bit.

Excited, nervous, sleepless nights have started!

Good luck,

Althea

Hi Bob,

My partner and I are arriving on the 5th of April this year. We'll stay with a lady who offered us a room in her house in Woodcroft and we'll look for a place to settle afterwards.

Sooo excited, its so close! 

On 1/3/2016 at 1:23 PM, ABC123 said:

Hi Bob,

We haven't booked any flights yet, but will probably be over by September this year. We also still have to decide between Perth and Adelaide, but at this point, we are leaning heavily towards Adelaide. Lots of decisions to be made!

HI ABC,

Just curious regarding your comment of leaning heavily towards Adelaide. Can you explain why or is it just a gut feel?

Cheers

Just a gut feel I suppose that the Adelaide lifestyle will suit our family more. We just really liked the feel of it when we were there. Along with the fact that we felt that Perth might be a bit isolated. We have been trying to weigh up all the pros and cons between Adelaide and Perth, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I are coming for our first LSD trip in March. We need to accept state sponsorship so Adelaide our only option. Surprisingly, it wasn't one of our options at first, but the more research we have done, the more it is becoming our first choice :-).

We are hoping to see about 3 schools - our daughter is 4 years old, explore the various areas, perhaps meet with a head hunting agency, etc. Suggestions for our LSD trip would be very welcome.

It would be great to have a cup of coffee with someone who can share their experience with us. 

We'll be landing at the end of Nov, and plan to stay in the Hills. My daughter finishes matric this year, but virtually the second she puts her pen down on the last exam, we're on a plane outta here! :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob

We will be arriving in Adelaide at end of April. Looking at the Hills to live. Busy booking the tickets at the moment and then to find accomodation!!!!

Stressfull days and a lot of sleepless nights ahead..

Regards,

Melanie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob, I love reading your positive reviews and assistance helping South Africans settle in Aus. I will arrive in Adelaide early April and my Family will follow in June. We have not decided in which area we will rent, but preferably close to School, Work and Church, that on its own will not be easy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have spent many many hours reading this forum over the last year and this is my first post ?

We have our PR and came over for our LSD in February. We loved adelaide and will be taking the plunge with one way tickets across in July. It will be myself, husband and 5 year old son. We are looking to settle in Henley beach and are looking at Fulham North primary school. We have booked 3 weeks furnished accommodation through airbnb and we hope to secure a rental in this time. 

Any tips or comments are welcomed. I have learnt so much from all I have read and we look forward to exploring and enjoying the Aussie life! 

Welcome to the forum KT

We've been in Hallett Cove for 6 weeks!

We love it!! 

The last 6 weeks have been exciting, challenging, frustrating, fun... But it builds character and makes you realize that you CAN laugh through the tough times. (Because we all have those days!)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone

We got our 190 visa grants in April and will be doing our activation trip in August 2016. My wife and I will be in Adelaide from 6-19 August and would love to meet and talk to anyone who's settled in and can offer us tips on schools (we have two boys, a Grade 7 and a Grade 1 who we want to start school in Feb 2017 in Adelaide), neighbourhoods in good school districts, job hunting tips etc. I'm happy to inbox more details to anyone who'll be in Adelaide and keen to meet up.

Hi Hoping4Oz, 

Congrats on your visa, I'm sure you are very excited about your impending activation trip. Sadly we have another 159 days before we arrive in Adelaide, but we did do our activation trip there last year. Would be happy to answer any questions from the viewpoint of someone who knows a lot of the theoretical, but yet to implement the practical!

Enjoy! :) 

Ros