Newbie to Canberra

MarieM

Hi all,

I've been living in Timor-Leste for the past 3 years, where I met me a nice Aussie Diplomat - so I'm following the man over the waters back to Canberra.  We've been back and forth 4 times this past year and going again in December for a few weeks - mostly to go stock the house we just bought in Canberra - and the official move is 10 Feb.

How many SA's in Canberra?  Probably not too many - not the place I thought I'd be moving to, if I ever moved to Australia! Haha

So, my partner-visa is due for final processing by April, and until then I get to amuse myself setting up house.  I'd love to meet up with some fellow South Africans to make the move a bit easier.

I'm glad I found this forum online!  I was actually only looking for bed-sizes to buy some linen and came across a feed in the forum.

xx

Hi M, I am not in Canberra but there always seem to be loads of RSA's there, and they like it a lot.  I think there is/was a Canberra Coffee Club.  Someone will be along to tell you soon enough.  Just an idea, while you wait for your visa.  I think you may be able to volunteer till then.  Pick an area you love to work in and google the volunteering possibilities.  You will keep busy, make friends/contacts and it may lead to a job in the future.  There is only so much linen buying and picture hanging a person can do before you start talking to yourself.....

• Like 1

Look for Tripple C (Canberra Coffee Club) on facebook. They usually have some sort of discussion on.

• Like 1

Thanks @Rosellem & OubaasDik :D

• 2 weeks later...

We're moving to Canberra in January. :)