30 things you should have done by now if you live in Sydney.

AFreshStart

Lists are often subjective, but I quite like this list of 30 things you should have done by now if you live in Sydney by Domain.

I've been able to do 11 of the 30 in the first year and many more have been on the wish list (day out in Cabramatta, visit of the Everleigh Markets etc) and it offers a broad selection of ideas across various suburbs and might be useful for those also doing LSD or visiting the city.

A few of my favourites from those I've done include:

1. Walk through the Queen Victoria Building and The Strand and remember to look up and admire just how lovely those buildings are.

2. Spend an afternoon wandering around the MCA and The Sydney Art Gallery.

3. Ride a ferry all day, with nowhere to go. (Best done on Sunday Fun Days with your Opal Card, $2.50 for all day travel)

4. Hire a bike in Centennial park and idly cycle the entire perimeter, take a picnic and stay for the day. (Spent most of the day in there yesterday, cycling, picnicking and hang with friends.)

5. Walk Bondi to Bronte (after a dip in the sea, even better during the annual Sculpture by the Sea exhibition).

6. Go to the beach or one of Sydney’s beautiful harbour bays (a couple personal favourites are Watsons Bay, Parsley Bay and Redleaf Pool).

7. Drive out to Palm Beach (better yet, catch a Ferry and camp at The Basin for the night in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park).

To round it out here a few not on the list.

8. Take a behind the scenes tour of the Sydney Opera House or take in a concert.

9. Spend a morning reading a book in the Botanical Gardens.

10.  Look out over the City from the observation deck of the Sydney Tower.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 5

I don't live in Sydney, and I've counted off 7.

when in the QVT make sure to look at the clock. It has some great early Australian scenes built into it.

• Like 1

Wonderful list, Matt, thanks for sharing! I haven't done nearly as much as that in the year that I've been here, only 5 out of your 10. 

May I add tow of my favourites to that list?

1. Have lunch on the water at the little restaurant at Churchpoint, facing Scotland Island, live music on Sunday. One of my favourite spots in the world. 

2. Manly to Spit Bridge Walk - superb coastline, little secluded beaches and amazing views.

• Like 1