What about my firearms?

Eduan

At the moment, my Dad is going to bring my rifles with him on the plane...Vigrin Atlantic has no problem, and the importer says its no problem - so we'll see how that goes.

Interesting problem that I have at the moment with my firearm license on this side is that someone with specific qualifications, who has known you for at least 12 months, needs to sign you off as a "fit & proper person"... a lawyer that I know refuses to sign off on it (on a matter of principle, not because of me personally :D ); the only other person on the list...is my doctor...and I don't know her for a year yet...  sigh...

Incentive to make friends with power....hehehehe :P

Edited by GenDemo
spelling

That's odd.....what's the point of a police background check then? Is that the case even if you're a member of a recognized club?

On 22/06/2017 at 9:44 PM, Brad76 said:

That's odd.....what's the point of a police background check then? Is that the case even if you're a member of a recognized club?

Yeah I also found it odd. And yes, I am a member of Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (SSAA), which is probably the largest association in Australia.

I'm an SSAA member as well. Don't have that as a requirement in QLD. What about where you work? any CA's/CPAs around?

Edited by Brad76