Engineering Skills Assessment

HayleyErasmus

Ok, we submitted our skills assessments today and it says "Queued for Assessment"...Thanks everyone for your help and tips and I'm holding thumbs that it won't take longer than 11 weeks.

Hayley, how long have you been waiting for now?

It's pretty frustrating knowing that the only thing standing between us and a 189 is this assessment :whome: . Will just have to be patient!

Edited by lissaness

On Monday 13/07 my assessment sits at ten weeks...

Just a thought for everyone:

I did the Pearson Academic test for the purpose of the visa. EA came back however, and requested that I also do the IELTS general with a minimum of 6.

I'm a native English speaker, but the inconvenience, cost and possible delay is what gets to me. I'm not entirely sure why I need to write again but I'm doing it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi

Received a successful skills assessment 6 July! So 2 days short of 8 weeks!! EA contacted me the on Monday 30 June, I had to resend some documentation ~ they did not want certified copies of my passport page or degree certificates, just a scan copy? I didn't quite get the difference but resent them as requested. Also had to redo my employment letter a little. Basically cut and pasted my CV into the letter and got my company to sign. A week later - boom a letter of success.

Regarding the IELTS. I had not done my test yet at the time I submitted my assessment, so wrote a letter requesting an exemption sating when my IELTS was booked for and that I could send results once completed. I also attached a letter from my university stating that my degree was done in English. EA never requested my IELTS results and seemed to have no issue with my request for an exemption.

Good luck guys!

Now we wait on home affairs for my husbands unabridged certificate before we can submit EOI

• Like 1

Ah awesome Hayley! Hope that happens for us as well! Luckily I sent just scanned copies...maybe ours will take only 7 weeks haha - here's to hoping!